Loving Kyle

Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I love feedback- comment and rate. Let me know what I can do to improve please! Also, this is NOT the ending. I am writing more. But I wanted everyone to see it before I finish. Keeping in suspense!(:  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

A Long Sleep

Chapter Four.
"Leah..." A familiar voice probbed me.
I didn't want to be awoken to reality. For once, I accepted that dreams could be real if I believed them to be. Isn't that what they say about people that go crazy? That they believed something was true, so it became their obbsession? That's how I want to be about my dream of Kyle and I being happy with no pain. I don't care if I go crazy... Better to lable me that now than later, right?
"Leah." The voice got
Hope you like this chapter! The book gets good... Don't worry. Excuse my spelling errors please, I didn't check this one!(:
more urgent and persistent.
Now, realizing that I was waiting for Kyle to be done with his surgery, I immediantly opened my eyes with anticipation.
"Is he out yet?" I asked, looking around the room for his warm and welcoming face.
He wasn't there, I didn't really expect him to come to the waiting room when he just had a leg amputated anyways.
I felt the gaze of Trina and Jermey on me as I searched again.
Looking up after no sight of him, I saw Kyle's mother, Jennifer, instead studying me with worried eyes.
"Jennifer!" I threw myself into her loving arms and cried. All my life she had been there for me. My second mother, is what I liked to call her.
Jennifer's maternal and loving instincts for me drew her arms tighter around me with tenderness. Her arms shook as she cried with me. This must be as hurtfull to her as it is to me.
When she pulled me back to arms length, I asked, "Where's my parents?" Glancing around I caught no sight of them.
She stroked my hair lightly. "They had to go and take care of some business with your aunt. They send their love."
"Where's George?" George was Kyle's father. Also, my second father. And... was soon to be my in law.
"He's filling out some papers for Kyle..." She pursed her lips and dropped her voice as she said, "What exactly happened?"
Taking a deep breath I prepared myself to tell her my heart breaking side of the story.
"Kyle Mason's visitors?" The same doctor came that I had yelled at walked up to us.
"Yes..." Jennifer said. "I'm his mom."
He smiled and shook her hand. "I am Dr. Johnson. I have some good news and bad news."
My heart fluttered as Trina and Jermey walked over to us.
I couldn't take anymore bad news.
"What is it?" Jennifer spoke out.
I admired her for being the brave one. But yet at the same time hated that I'd have to listen to the answer.
"The good news is the surgery went very well. The bad news is that when Mr. Mason's was bit by the shark he went into a state of shock. And unfortunately after he became unconcious in the ride over here... he didn't wake up." Dr. Johnson looked as us to register our reaction.
"What does that mean?" Jermey whispered sensing what I was sensing.
"That he is in a coma at the moment."
Jennifer let out a soft cry.
Excusing herself she went to go get George as the doctor took us to the room Kyle was in.
Down the long white hall I couldn't possibly comprehend how many hearts had been broken in these rooms. How many fiancee's legs had been eaten by a shark. Or how many girls sat and watched the love of their life slowly fade from the clutches of this earth.
Silently, I was heartbroken.
"Here he is," the doctor said and opened a white door for us.
After we all walked into the room, he silently closed it and his footsteps faded into the hall.
Trina let out a small cry and gripped my hand.
When walking into the room, I had used all my will power to direct my eyes from Kyle. But, hearing Trina cry beside me was more than I could take... So I looke up.
He was still the same Kyle- my Kyle. That beautiful face that was held in all of my memories, was just silently sleeping.
And that's what I told myself... he was just- sleeping. He would wake up soon and laugh at me for worrying so much.
But... My eyes wondered down his body to his leg. It wasn't really a leg. Now, it was a stub. The reality of it didn't hit me untill now. Kyle couldn't run with me down the beach after my sunglasses. Kyle couldn't work out in his bedroom while I watched his with loving eyes. He would have to learn everything again.
Would he still be able to go to college with me? Will we still be able to have to life I dreamt of?
"This is my fault..." Jermey whispered.
I didn't respond. Trina went over to him and did her best to comfort him as his cheeks slowly became damp.
My hand touched Kyle's cheek. I could feel his breath passing through his lips and brushing across my fingers.
"I'm sorry, Leah," Jermey came up beside me. "This is all my fault..." His voice cracked.
"How is this your fault?" I asked, sounding a brief exasperated.
He sniffed. "He told me in the room he was going to play this prank. And I- I went along with it..."
Trina went on telling his he was over looking this. It was no one's fault except the shark's. No one can stop a shark attack.
Not even me.

CrazyBroadwayGirl said...

I love it! Pleeeaasse continue!

-Whitney

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:49 pm :
Just added some more. Tell me what ya think, whitney(:

DirectingGabs said...

Okayy guys! I know yall didn't see that coming! Comment! PLEASE!  I need to know what everyone thinks(:

BrownEyedGirl said...
oh I loved it!  Please Please continue!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 3:01 pm :
Don't worry!(: I have more coming, I'm almost done with the next chapter!!:D

BrownEyedGirl replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm :
Good!  Because I loved it and I have to know what happens!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
Spoiler! It sounds like the end at that part but, something EXTREMELY big happens. I think tomorrow I will be able to put more up. I'm hoping tomorrow. But, I WILL get more up. THATS NOT THE ENDD!(:

1234sleep replied...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm :
ey are you gonna post more?

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:48 pm :
It's been a while but I put some more up.