Loving Kyle

Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I love feedback- comment and rate. Let me know what I can do to improve please! Also, this is NOT the ending. I am writing more. But I wanted everyone to see it before I finish. Keeping in suspense!(:  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Never Letting Go

Chapter Three.
The paramedics were waiting for us as we arrived on the wooden dock. The young man working for them kept forcing me too look away every time my eyes wandered to Kyle's leg.
I was crying and there was blood on me from where I grabbed Kyle when getting on the speed boat with him. The shark had took a pretty good amount of his leg, leaving only a flab by the knee.
Bile rose in my throat as I tried to erase the image from my mind.
Everyone piled into the ambulance.
No one please fret!!! There wil be more. I am in the middle of chapter four as I write. Post comments and rate(:!!
Trina and Jeremy agreed to meet me at the hospital with the van. After getting into the white ambulance truck I stood right next to Kyle as they pushed all sorts of tubes into him.
His eye lids were halfway open, like he was trying to fight off sleep.
I felt something weakly grip my hand. Looking down, I saw that Kyle had reached out for me and was holding my hand with all he had left.
My eyes glazed over with more tears and blurred my vision. I swiped them away quickly. I had a feeling that if he got out of my sight, then I wouldn't see him again.
His bottom lip trembled as he tried to form words.
"I... I love you, Leah," he whispered hoarsely.
Tears streamed down my cheeks like race cars. "I love you too."
I bent down and kissed him slowly on the lips. He was hurting, I could feel it in him.
Using all my strength, I pulled myself back.
Then, ever so slowly, his eyelids closed.
"Kyle?" I whispered.
There was no reply.
"He's unconscious!" A girl paramedic yelled across the van.
There was a halting stop, then the back doors to the van tear open in a rumble. The paramedics rolled his gurney out of the back and into a long narrow hallway. Trying my hardest I ran along the side with him, refusing to let his hand go.
The doctors caught up with us when we turned into the E.R.
"Ma'am, only family members pass this point," a young nurse said to me politely.
"I'm his fiancee'." I stepped closer to him.
"I'm sorry, but your not allowed."
They wheeled him away and I felt his cold hand slip from mine.

Trina, Jeremy and I all sat in the waiting room, teary eyed and on the edge of our seats.
Kyle's parents and mine were on our their way to the hospital. It was a two hour drive and it felt like they couldn't get here in time.
Every time, I heard the door to where the patients were I stood up. But five times that door swung open, and it wasn't for Kyle.
I was utterly nervous. There was a feeling in the pit of my stomach that wouldn't go away. The other people watched me as I paced around the room for explanations.
The door opened for the sixth and the male doctor looked at me.
"Are you Kyle Mason's fiancee?"
My eyes widened. Trina and Jeremy walked over to us.
"Yes. How is he?" I urged.
"We are going to put him into immediate surgery-"
"Surgery? What kind?" I demanded, cutting him off. My heart fluttered nervously.
"We need to amputate his leg."
I sucked in some air.
"How much?" I whispered.
"The knee bone was spared. But I'm sorry to say that everything below that was not." The doctor looked at me apologetically. But I could see in his eyes he was tired.
"When will I be able to see him?" I asked, looking down at my flip flops. Realizing I was still in my bikini and shorts.
"The surgery will take up to two hours. After that he is qualified for visitors." The doctor looked at us each when he spoke.
"Then hurry up! Go and do the surgery!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face.
I felt Jeremy pull me back from the doctor as Trina apologized. The doctor smiled and nodded, he's been through this before.
They were amputating his leg! Most likely he would be in a wheel chair for most his life. How could this have happened? If he wouldn't have played a stupid prank... Then Kyle wouldn't be here about to get his leg taken off and I wouldn't be crying as pain hit me in my chest repeatedly.
It was like I could feel Kyle inside my head telling me, "Leah, just look at the bright side. It could be worse... I could be dead."
My heart ached as I imagined him saying those words to me. The only person I longed for at the moment was in a room were I couldn't be.
It's hurtful how the world works.
I settled back on the cold chair and watched as the doctor strolled through the doors to prepare for surgery. Before I knew it my head lolled to the side and dropped onto Trina's welcoming shoulder.

CrazyBroadwayGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I love it! Pleeeaasse continue!

-Whitney

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:49 pm :
Just added some more. Tell me what ya think, whitney(:

DirectingGabs said...

Okayy guys! I know yall didn't see that coming! Comment! PLEASE!  I need to know what everyone thinks(:

BrownEyedGirl said...
oh I loved it!  Please Please continue!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 3:01 pm :
Don't worry!(: I have more coming, I'm almost done with the next chapter!!:D

BrownEyedGirl replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm :
Good!  Because I loved it and I have to know what happens!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
Spoiler! It sounds like the end at that part but, something EXTREMELY big happens. I think tomorrow I will be able to put more up. I'm hoping tomorrow. But, I WILL get more up. THATS NOT THE ENDD!(:

1234sleepThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm :
ey are you gonna post more?

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:48 pm :
It's been a while but I put some more up.