Loving Kyle

Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I love feedback- comment and rate. Let me know what I can do to improve please! Also, this is NOT the ending. I am writing more. But I wanted everyone to see it before I finish. Keeping in suspense!(:  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Jokes&Reality

Chapter Two.
I was so excited. Today- Saturday- I was going sailing with my best friend Trina, her boyfriend- Jeremy and my fiancee'. My fiancee'! I still wasn't completely recovered from the shock of yesterday evening. Sometimes, it feels like just yesterday I was running around in my frond yard with Kyle while our mothers watched us from the front porch sipping tea and discussing political matters.
And now, here I am engaged!
Trina and I were in our hotel bedroom slipping on out bathing suits. Jeremy and Kyle were going to meet us downstairs before we left to the sailing dock.
"Does this look okay?" Trina asked, turning around to me. She was wearing a lavender bikini that accented her bleached blond hair.
I raised my eyebrows at her. "Do you have to ask that? You always look good no matter what! Regular people- including myself- actually have to work at it." I smiled at her and slipped my blue jean shorts over my plain white bottoms.
"Leah Nichole!" Trina gasped, using my first and middle name. This was exactly what my mother did when she was angry at me. "You are beautiful! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."
Trina gave me a sincere smile before going to the bathroom to brush her hair.
While I put my chocolate hair into a braid going down my back Trina looked through the bathroom door at me. "So, who's going to be your maid of honor at your wedding?" she asked, her acute voice echoed from the bathroom.
"You, of course!" I yelled back at her and grabbed a water out of the icebox.
"I was hoping you would say that." Trina's voice hinted a smile as she came up behind me in the small kitchen. Grabbing her bag and towels she asked, "Ready?"
"Yeah," I said and we walked out the door.
The boy's room was directly across the hall from ours. Given the fact that Jeremy's parents wouldn't let him share a room with Trina. Apparently, Jeremy's brother got his girlfriend pregnant at a young age.
Trina and I exited the elevator and arrived in the hotels lobby. It slightly resembled an old forties movie theater. With the long red curtains, and gold accents.
All of a sudden someone caught my waist from behind.
I gasped.
"There's my fiancee'!" Kyle muttered and kissed my neck before releasing me.
"You scared me!" I condemned. My heart was still fluttering wildly as we walked over to where Trina and Jeremy were standing.
As we made our way out the revolving doors, I fiddled with the beautiful ring on my finger. I climbed into the back seat of Jeremy's mini van, followed by Kyle.
"I am so excited!" Trina squealed as Jeremy drove onto the main road. "I have never been sailing before. Does anyone know how?" Trina looked around at us like she was expecting someone to raise their hand.
Noticing her begin to act a little frantic, Kyle said, "The man who owns the boat will be with us."
Immediately, her eyes got calmer.
"Oh!" Kyle whispered in my ear. "I forgot, I got you something." Reaching into his pocket he pulled out an exact replica of my pair of sunglasses that broke yesterday.
"Kyle..." I said, eyeing him suspiciously.
"I know, I know. But, I did it anyways... So, just wear them." He smiled brightly. Like he didn't regret buying them one bit.
How could I resist?
I grabbed them from his hand and slid them on.
We arrived to the loading dock of the sailing boats. Our "captain", Frank, was a tall sweaty old man that looked like he had too much sun inside of him. Frank went over the safety precautions of sailing and assured us no one had ever gotten hurt with him sailing.
After lacing my ugly orange life jacket over my bikini, I allowed Kyle to help me onto the wobbling boat.
"Are you sure this thing is stable?" I whispered to Kyle after we posistened ourselves standing up in the back of the boat. It was moving back and forth uneasily on top of the water. It was like I could feel my breakfast following it's dance in my stomach.
Kyle wrapped his arm around me. "Yeah. It'll be fine. Today will be fun, just wait and see." He kissed me on the cheek.
Frank pushed the boat away from the wooden dock. As we floated away, I honestly can't remember a time I have longed for solid ground so deeply.
Sooner than I thought, the wind picked up and we sailed out to the ocean. I could still see the out lining of the edge the beach from where we floated in the water. Frank was hanging on a rope hooked to the sail as he glided over the water to change our direction.
All four of us posistined ourselves on the back of the boat looking in the water. A few stray pieces of my hair whipped around my face as the boat came to a slow stop.
"Oh! Look." Jeremy pointed at an assortment of kaleidoscopic fish swimming freely below the water's surface.
They were breath- taking. All of the fish were a different color, like they were personalized carefully before being placed in the ocean.
"Wow, their beautiful..." Kyle said leaning over the edge of the metal railing.
I was about to tell him to not lean over to far- right when I heard a splash.
"Kyle!" I screamed.
Immediately, Kyle and Jeremy erupt in laughter.
Trina and I exchanged horrified looks.
"You should of seen your face!" Kyle exclaimed. "You were like," he imitated a terrified face.
And I wouldn't doubt that's exactly what I looked like, he scared me half to death! If isn't wasn't for these glorious life jackets he could of drowned.
"Ha- ha," I said and made it as obvious as I could that I was angry. "Now get out of the water already. You're scaring me." I crossed my arms over my chest, but that was pretty hard thanks to my bulky life jacket.
"Yes, Ma'am!" he chirped and swam over to the side of the boat.
Jeremy reached his hand over to help him up, when suddenly Kyle was dragged under the water's surface.
"Kyle!" Jeremy yelled out him.
"Guys, this isn't funny. Stop playing jokes on us!" I screeched.
Jeremy looked at me horrified. "Leah..."
The look on his face immediately told me something was wrong. Quickly, I rushed over to the side to see Kyle scream. Blood stained the blue water around him, as tears filled his eyes.
"Kyle! Kyle! Frank! Someone go get Frank!" I yelled.
Standing up on the rail, I prepared myself to jump out to him.
"Leah, no!" Jeremy pulled me back to the deck.
"Kyle!" I yelled as tears flooded my eyes. I was clawing at Jeremy's arm for him to release his grip on me. I needed to get Kyle out of the water. If no one was going to do anything, I was.
Frank came over in flash. He looked flush as I saw a a boat with flashing lights race over to us.
My heart pounded in my ears. I had to get him out of the water. I just had to. Trying my best to pry Jeremy's arms off of me, I saw a gray fin swim off in another direction, leaving Kyle bleeding uncontrollably.

CrazyBroadwayGirl said...

I love it! Pleeeaasse continue!

-Whitney

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:49 pm :
Just added some more. Tell me what ya think, whitney(:

DirectingGabs said...

Okayy guys! I know yall didn't see that coming! Comment! PLEASE!  I need to know what everyone thinks(:

BrownEyedGirl said...
oh I loved it!  Please Please continue!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 3:01 pm :
Don't worry!(: I have more coming, I'm almost done with the next chapter!!:D

BrownEyedGirl replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm :
Good!  Because I loved it and I have to know what happens!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
Spoiler! It sounds like the end at that part but, something EXTREMELY big happens. I think tomorrow I will be able to put more up. I'm hoping tomorrow. But, I WILL get more up. THATS NOT THE ENDD!(:

1234sleep replied...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm :
ey are you gonna post more?

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:48 pm :
It's been a while but I put some more up.