Loving Kyle

Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I love feedback- comment and rate. Let me know what I can do to improve please! Also, this is NOT the ending. I am writing more. But I wanted everyone to see it before I finish. Keeping in suspense!(:  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Only Beginnings

Kyle is my best friend. I can honestly say that there is no one else in the world I would rather spend my time with. We do everything together. Shopping, movie night and extremely embarrassing dinner parties my parents throw when they want to feel fancy.
Kyle is also my boyfriend. And even though I might sound corny, I love him so much, in every way. Also supporting the fact that we grew up together, his house right next to mine. Mine to his. So I always cared for him. But lately, I felt more than boy-next-door/best friend/boyfriend crushing. I felt like I undeniably needed him to breathe. Like he has slowly over the years attached himself to me. Now- now he is my necessity.
People probably think I'm a head- over- heels eighteen year old girl. But our relationship is dug way deeper than passing notes or texting each other constantly. Kyle and I understand one another. Way more than we probably should. One look and he can tell what I am feeling. Vise versa.

Chapter One.
Kyle had always been much taller than me. I love looking up to him, to know he is always going to be higher than me is somehow re-assuring. Especially, now when the sun is exactly right behind him. Illuminating him as golden rays surround his face. Kyle smiles down at me. His cheeks touching his blue eyes lightly like butterfly kisses.
We were at the beach for the weekend. Kyle, I and our friend's Trina and Jeremy. We were graduating in a month and our parents cautiuosly agreed to let us go for three whole days. All of us had just arrived in Jeremy's minivan. Then, decided to relax at the beach.
I ditched my plastic sandals five minutes ago to feel the warm afternoon sand in between my toes. Striding closer to the shore I planned on letting the sea engulf my feet.
"You look so care free right now, Leah," Kyle's voice came from behind me.
I smiled and turned to face him. The sun was giving highlights to his dirty blond hair, making his blue eyes shine more intensely.
The last couple of weeks I had been stressing out over SATs and graduation parties. Then, the whole drama with colleges and dorms. After Kyle and I both getting accepted into a college in New York, we've been working on living arrangements. Finally we decided on sharing a two bedroom apartment with a view.
"I'm trying to be," I whispered to no one in particular. The wind suddenly whipped my brown hair across my face and sent my sunglasses flying toward the opposite side of the beach. "Crap," I said under my breath.
Kyle and I ran simultaneously toward them. After running thirty feet we reached my broken sunglasses.
"Ouch," I giggled as our heads bumped together when I reached down to get them.
Kyle scooped the pieces up off the white sand. Pursing his lips he said, "I'll have to buy you some more tomorrow."
I shook my head. "I am perfectly capable of buying me some sunglasses." My hands instinctively went to my hips. One thing that had always been my most difficult personality trait to deal with was my stubborness. Over the years I learned to keep it to a minimum, but I wasn't Leah Rynelds without my it.
Kyle playfully threw his arm around my neck, rubbing his fist into my hair. "I know you are."
"Stop!" I squealed. "Your messing my hair up." Hastily, I pushed my hair back out of my face.
Kyle gave me the look that said, Like- you- really- think- I care- what- you- look- like?
"Even if you don't, I do," I muttered as I sat down on the edge of the shore. Right where the water met dry land. Moving one more hair toward the ocean, I would be wet. Moving back any, I would be dry. I was on that fine line of instinctively.
He dropped his body next mine in the soft sand.
Turning to look at him our eyes met.
Have you ever had that little moment in life that you wish you could savor for rainy days? The one sweet memory that makes you want to endure all the hurt of this life if you knew this would be there at the end waiting for you. This was how I felt at the moment. Like there could be no more pain after these few seconds with Kyle.
"You have beautiful eyes," Kyle whispered. "They match the exact color of the ocean..."
My eyes- like Kyle's- were blue. People would always tell us how good we looked together to have the exact intense color. They would tell me that there could be no other for me.
I had never doubted that.
"You know that if the mother and father both have blue eyes, then their children will have blue eyes?" Kyle stated matter- of - factly.
I laughed. "Are you already making child plans?" Acting my best to be dramatically astonished, there was nothing more in the world I wanted then to have a life with him.
Kyle looked out to the water and nodded his head calmly. "Yeah... I want two children. I think the most beautiful name for a girl would be Leila." He smiled to himself.
"Well," I said, snuggling myself to his side. "Your going to have to propose first."
His arm slid around my body like a protective shield and pulled me closer to him. "If that might be the case then..." Kyle reached into his pocket and pulled out a small velvet black box.
My eyes widened. If that's what I thought it was... It couldn't be.
"Leah Nicole Rynelds,-" Kyle opened the box to reveal a silver band and a precious small diamond sitting on the top like a queen "-you are the most beautiful girl I had ever met. When we were younger, I remember how you would talk about growing up and marrying a prince someday." Kyle chuckled at the flashback.
My eyes glazed over with happy tears.
"I know that I might now be a prince," Kyle resumed. "But, I was hoping that maybe I could be worthy enough to attempt it..." Kyle sighed, and I thought I caught a glimpse of emotion in his eyes. "I love you. So, will you marry me?"
I was speechless. Using all my strength I pushed out the words, "I love you too. Yes!" And flung myself at him.
Kyle caught me in a hug and fell backwards to the plush sand of the beach.
As he kissed me their was a dampness to both of our cheeks. This made me cry harder.
I was so happy. Never in my life, had I been so elated.
"Okay, guys." There was a voice coming toward us.
Breaking from from Kyle's lips, I glanced up to see Trina a Jeremy stride over toward us. Trina held a video camera in her hand right below her ecstatic smile.
Kyle hugged me close to him on the sand and started to chuckle lightly.
"Did you get all of it?" Kyle glanced up to Trina brightly.
She nodded, sending her blond hair all over the place. "Yeah, I got every single bit of it." Her chirped smile went impossibly bigger. "I am so happy!" she squealed.
"Got what?" I asked cluelessly, getting off the ground and dusting myself off.
"We filmed the proposal," Jeremy responded, brushing his black hair out of his eyes.
I laughed. That was amazing. Of course Kyle would be the only one in the world that would know I want my proposal filmed.
My world felt brighter. My head was in the clouds. I felt the wonderful ecstasy of contentness and love. Everything in the world suddenly seemed worth the wait for this. Like all the moments of my life all lead up to this minute with Kyle. I was a puzzel, and I finally realized what my picture was.
And one thing I was utterly and exclusively sure of- with every ounce of my body- that no one could take me down from this height.

CrazyBroadwayGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I love it! Pleeeaasse continue!

-Whitney

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:49 pm :
Just added some more. Tell me what ya think, whitney(:

DirectingGabs said...

Okayy guys! I know yall didn't see that coming! Comment! PLEASE!  I need to know what everyone thinks(:

BrownEyedGirl said...
oh I loved it!  Please Please continue!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 3:01 pm :
Don't worry!(: I have more coming, I'm almost done with the next chapter!!:D

BrownEyedGirl replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm :
Good!  Because I loved it and I have to know what happens!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
Spoiler! It sounds like the end at that part but, something EXTREMELY big happens. I think tomorrow I will be able to put more up. I'm hoping tomorrow. But, I WILL get more up. THATS NOT THE ENDD!(:

1234sleepThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm :
ey are you gonna post more?

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:48 pm :
It's been a while but I put some more up.