My Name is B***h

By , Orrville, OH
Author's note: Comment. Please.
Author's note: Comment. Please.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Chapter 1: Just Breath

The young girl’s body rests on the ground. Slowly breathing. In and out, has come to be her new motto. Her way of life. Just breath, she thinks.

Her father, a large man sitting at the kitchen table and few feet adjacent from her, takes a long swig from his Absolut, wiping his meaty hand across his mouth, he smiles, an awful, wicked, horrid smile, right before he brings out the switchblade he had been hiding in his pants pocket.

The young girl
"Jane tenses, but before she can feel the final lines the old man makes, the girl passes out."
doesn’t move. Her father is like a bear; the best way to outwit him is to play dead. The girl is sixteen years old and has been dead most of her life.

Her father wipes the switchblade across his grimy work shirt, a striped blue mechanics shirt with the name Howard stitched on his breast pocket.

She doesn’t move, instead slowing her breathing to a stop. She hopes she can suffocate herself before she has to feel her father use the blade.

“Girl!” That’s all she has ever been to Howard. Never his daughter, never by her name, Jane.

Jane doesn’t move. Her father’s heavy footsteps echo in her ear until her his voice rings through it instead, “I know your awake, girl. You think big ole’ Howie here is stupid, don’t ya?”

She refuses to wrinkle her nose at the breath reeking from the old man’s mouth. Alcohol -ridden.

Howard lifts up Jane’s shirt, just an inch or so above her belly button.

Jane can’t help it. She stiffens at the touch. Her father had never touched her like this; it was always slaps and punches.

Howard lays the blade against the girl’s skin. Flipping it in on each side, “Girl, why don’t you leave?”

Jane doesn’t say anything; she knows its only one of Howard’s very few tricks.

Howard gently turns the blade upright, gliding it in slices down the poor girl’s stomach. “That’s right,” he sings, “because know one wants you. You ugly,” and with each insult he digs the blade deeper throughout each line, “poor, ungrateful, b****.”

Jane tenses, but before she can feel the final lines the old man makes, the girl passes out.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

This book has 47 comments. Post your own now!

JaRen said...
Dec. 15 at 10:20 pm
OMG !! This is just too sad... i couldn't stop crying. such an emotional an ironic touch you had given... i feel moved....

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 31 at 7:25 pm
This is so beautiful, yet so sad. I love it. It's so beatiful, even though it hurts me too. Somehow, the pain is beautiful too. This was just a phenomenal book. This has to be one of my favorite favorite books. It's amazing. You have such a talent and greatness and light in you; and you're a wonderful and amazing, talented writer. It's true. :) Thank you so much, for sharing this. :)

RissabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 3 at 5:16 pm
This story is beautiful. I cried like a baby- was crying by chapter 6! I want this book on my shelf, it's amazing. Thank you for such a wonderful, yet horrible, read. You're an amazing author!!!

andrewkluvr said...
This is a really good book. It made me want to cry when I read the ending. I mean, the story is all together sad, and it makes me hate child abuse even more. I absolutely despise the father, but you are supposed to, and that means you are a great author. I am very impressed, and I want to read more from you.

AMY458 said...
Wow your writing!! I loved loved this story so sad :(

SchizophrenicADHD said...
My goodness. I wanna cry that was so well written and just amazing. I wanna kill her dad!

Lucy.V said...
i love your writing style. where did you get the inspiration for it???

SingTillTheEnd said...
AAAHHH this book was completely AMAZING! i swear to god it was beautifully written and such a sad but amazing story. keep writing! :D 

Shadowkissed24 said...
Oh my God!!! I love this book!! It was so touching and I couldn't help but cry at the ending! You an amazing author!

nemish23 said...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 4:18 am

i didn't cry but i so could have. it was so sad but heart warming and touching at the same time.

you have great talent, please keep writing!

SexyMexican96 said...
you have an amazing talent, keep it up! i really loved it, i cried through a lot of it.

RRRRR replied...
Thank you so much!

Icecreamgirl said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 11:16 am
I loved this book. You should add more chapters becuase I want to know what happens after the furneral

RRRRR replied...
I will seriously think about it! But I'm working on another book right now.

Icecreamgirl replied...
thankyou for ur repley

she-is-a-strange-duck said...
I read all the comments about crying and thought "whatever. I won't cry." I WAS WRONG, AND THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. please, please keep writing.

RRRRR replied...
LOL. Thanks so much!

hobo12321 said...
I never cry when reading books, but this one made me. It was so amazingly and emotionally built. Perfectly heart wrenching. I really hope you keep writing!

RRRRR replied...
Thanks so much :)

musiccrazy said...
I loved this story! It made me cry, you have real talent! Keep writing and ill be looking for this story in book form!