Soldier's Star | Teen Ink

Soldier's Star

March 24, 2011
By singforlovee SILVER, River Vale, New Jersey
singforlovee SILVER, River Vale, New Jersey
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
My guitar is not a thing. It is an extension of myself. It is who I am.”
- Joan Jett


Summary:

"At that moment, looking into his heartbroken blue eyes, I knew that my life was shattered into tiny broken pieces. Before that day, I thought that depression was just a joke, just something that I knew about but didn’t really exist. Like love before John, but completely the opposite. But now, I could sense it moving toward me, slowly but surely. And I wouldn’t try to push it away. Because life without John…I couldn’t explain it. The feeling that we felt toward each other I couldn’t explain either. My parents never told me about love, they didn’t bother. They’d thought that I would get divorced just like they did. Love was a misunderstanding. When I would ask about love, they’d tell me it didn’t exist. That was before mom died. Dad couldn’t take care of me; he was a drunk in rehab. So when mom died, he tossed me over to Aunt Sally’s like a bundle of dirty laundry. He never loved me, and I don’t blame him. I bet John doesn’t love me either." Taylor herself knew it was a lie. The fire that sparked three summers ago between John and Taylor was practically both of their salvations to the hell that they were living, with Taylor's broken home and John's abusing father. But, Taylor's heart is ripped open when John is forced to serve in the military. This is a heart-thobbing modern fairytale with a twist that will keep you on the edge of your seat for more. INTALIASWORDS(my website for works like this)


singforlovee

Soldier's Star


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Dec. 19 2011 at 11:36 pm
Aaawww! <3 But still... Dress up party my butt! I loved this! You should write more.