Teaching Happiness

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Next »

Chapter 3

There it was. The same as it has been since 1954. Marriot High School. Physically, it looks the same, with it’s large red brick walls and stone pillars. But now, when I picture Marriot, I imagine that it is a beautiful place where everyone is happy. I take a deep breath, and walk inside. I see Ryan immediately, walking toward me. A smile spreads across my face as I raise my hand to wave at him. He does the same, I start to say something when he walks right past me. My smile fades and I look around to see him talking to two girls standing by a row of lockers behind me. One of them caught my eye, and laughed. I blushed and ran off, with my head down, to my locker. With as much speed as I could muster, I threw my books into my backpack and went off to class. I walked into first period and knew that all eyes were on the blushing, brown-haired new girl. I drop my backpack onto the floor and sink into my desk.
“Wow. Looks like someone is having a good day already,” whispers the girl next to me. Samantha Newark. I’m not going to say that we were ever friends, because we weren’t and we still aren’t. I dislike her, she dislikes me. She laughs to her friend sitting beside her. I bite my tongue, knowing that I will most likely regret anything that I say to her now.
I open my backpack and take out my English book and use it to hide behind.
“Okay so my guess is you are just a really weird girl.” Ryan laughed I put the book down hard and stared at him.
“I guess so.” I put the book back up.
“Um okay. Is anyone sitting in the seat in front of you?”
“No.”
“Hi Ryan,” Samantha said, “Are you in this class now.”
“Yeah. I had to rearrange my schedule.” I put my book down again and looked at the desk. “So Katie, were your parents worried about you on Saturday?” He seemed genuinely concerned so I decided to drop the whole angry attitude.
I sighed. “Sort of. Well, my mom was at least. She was worried because I had been at the pond alone.”
“Good thing that Jake and I happened to show up, or you might still be there.” He smiled. “And you might actually be dead by now.”
“Come to think about it. Why were you there? You couldn’t have wanted to go swimming. It’s too cold.”
“That didn’t stop you,” he said chuckling.
“No, but I didn’t have someone nice enough to tell me that it is freezing.”
“True.” He turned to face the front as class begun. Suddenly, I had forgotten all about him with those girls this morning. The only thing that I could think about now was the way his shirt perfectly matched his green eyes. Even though, I could feel Samantha’s eyes attempting to burn holes in me, I ignored it. Instead, I drew pictures with my finger on the desk.
The class seemed to go by quickly because before I knew it, everyone was packing up their things, preparing for the bell.
“So you said that you had to rearrange your schedule?”
“Yeah. It’s completely different now.” He pulled the sheet with his classes printed on it out of his pocket, and handed it to me. I looked it over hopefully, and quickly returned it to him.
“We only have this class together.”
“Really? Well that’s no fun.” I laughed. The bell rang loudly causing me to jump. I slung my backpack onto my back and walked towards the door with Ryan walking beside me. Once outside, I turned right and he turned left. I walked the opposite from him. I walked away from the boy with the beautiful green eyes, and the dark brown hair.

This book has 25 comments. Post your own now!

KiraVogt2896 said...
Your such a good writter! I loved this book all the way through! Good job! Keep on writting! :) <3

RaisaMiri said...
This was such a heartwrenching story!  All I could think while reading this was if he's with another girl I will cry! and I almost did when that happened! but the ending was beautiful when it all worked out <3 great job!

Vanner96 said...
Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:56 am
This was good! I was trying to figure out how he can be innocent and then BAM! LOL Good job! :)

nemish23 said...

love it! love it! love it!

it's so true and heartwarming- it's a beautiful story.

WishDreamBelieve said...
the summary has already got me intrested

Mermaidmissy said...
Jan. 18, 2012 at 9:49 am
Ahh, your story is very good and so powerful, I hope you keep on writing some more pages soon. Can you take a look at some of my poems and book please. Thank You! :)

misteriousgirl said...
hey thats a realy good story i have read it 4 times:):):)

kitkatalase This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 4:51 am
is this it or are you gonna write more!? you gotta keep going!!:)

Jeera said...
Oh my gosh, this is amazing! You should finish it! I really want to read the rest.

killjoy1011 said...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 12:34 am
i loved loved loved you story i read the whole thing in one sitting i did not expect that to happen at all it kinda dissapionted me but i need you to finish i wanna know what happens next in class with them!!!!!

Kayly said...
Wow thanks everyone! I'm working on writing more I just have some writers block right now. But I'm planning on putting up a few more chapters by the end of this week :)

julialove94 said...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 8:47 am
Okay, just finished it ahaha. I'm not disappointed with the way it ended, however, it should continue! It's so freakin amazing! It needs to be published. This is definitly one of those stories that should NEVER be over looked!

julialove94 said...
I'm afraid to read anyone's comment for accidently spoilers, so I won't until I finish all the chapters you have up haha. But I just finished the first chapter and I could totally picture that being the first chapter to a totally amazing published book. So as I continue to read, I hope you continue to write, if it's not already finished, because so far, I absolutely love it :)

teenagedream said...
If you do write more pleezz tell when there will be more

LilLover5-15 said...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 1:55 am
plz finish it and she should totally punch him, just saying! :D

fall is near replied...
thats exactly what in was thinking!

FallenAngel1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Please write more. This is soooo cute, i was very sad when she told Ryan about how her sister died. Keep it up, this is very good and very emotional. GREAT JOB!!! :-) :-)

BlackRose55 said...
Yes! Please,please be more to it, I don't think it should end there, there HAS to be more to it!

You should really write more. Writing takes time but it would be worth it for people to read great stories like this one. Plaese write more.

Angie_101 said...
OMqq...i really wanna kno wht he wrote on thing....please write more soon.love yuhr story:)