Hidden Within

Author's note: This was an assignment from my language arts teacher and it turned into this story. She allowed...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This was an assignment from my language arts teacher and it turned into this story. She allowed us to write anything at all and with some thinking the character "robin" popped into my head and after changing somethings I got this. I don't really know what i want people to get for this but I hope some people enjoy it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Chapter 4

As days went by and my mom became well and I, now 15, started to pack and stopped going to school or work. The day I left I wrote a letter to my mother. Saying, ”Mom, I know your better now and that you love me, but I have to leave now. Please don’t think it was your fault but I cant take anymore of my so called “new father.” I’ll be safe and maybe me and you will see each other again someday. I miss and love you. Please be safe. For me… I love you so much mom. Don’t forget about me. Love your son, Robin.” It was harder to leave then I thought it would be but I left to escape my past and was never to return in the future. I knew where I was going now but I didn’t know how I was going to get there, or even if I was going to get there. I grabbed the picture out of my pocket and then it hit me, I needed to see her to met her, she needed to know what she did for me. I didn’t know what to expect but taking my extra money I ended up making it to New York. Whether by car , train, or walking. There were so many cars and people I didn’t expect so many things going on all at once. I took one last look at the picture studying it and for the first time I saw printed writing. It said “ B.D.” next to it. It was her birth date and it was today. I started running till I could find a taxi and once I made it I ran up to the door and knocked. But no answer and as I went to knock again I noticed a note saying “Be back at 12:50 PM.” At the sight of the note in the window I saw my reflection. It was me, the real me with no chains and no restrictions. Me in my black shorts and brown hoodie and my straight black hair with my last scar on my face disappearing. It was 12:45 so I sat down waiting. After a while I saw the lady down the street, I shot up and started running. I didn’t know why I was running but with nothing better to do I let my self run. Finally reaching her I stopped and asked” Do you remember me?” she looked at me and said “Of course I do Robin! Come, Come grab this and lets get you inside. Welcome to the family!” As she opened the door it was like a new world opening up to me. It was spectacular. “So today is Macys birthday.” She started saying “what shall we do?” I looked at her not really knowing what to do. “ I don’t know ive never had a birthday celebration before.” I said. She looked at me and said “well im glad your first one is with us.” So we decorated and cooked and when Macy walked into the house I felt like I couldn’t move at all she was so beautiful. She was kind of shocked to see me but, just like her mom, she understood once we explained it to her. I looked at her and said “You’ve helped me with so much and you didn’t even know it and I just had to tell you how much it meant to me.” That night was the start of my new life.