To Each Their Own...

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Chapter 4

No one knew it but I was actually dreading the fact that I had to go home after school. I knew Mrs. Wales was waiting at home. She was waiting to hammer me about my mom. But I didn’t want to hear one word of it. How can a mother leave her child for 16 years and then all of a sudden want to come back to be a part of that child’s life? I honestly hated my mom for everything she has done. It was great that I had Mrs. Wales to care of me but she could never replace my biological mother. No matter
It's been a while but I'm trying to get my mojo back. Hope you like this. Rate/ Comment if you do :)
how bad this sounds I would’ve rather have my mother dead. At least I knew she didn’t leave me by her own will. That would have left me feeling a bit better than knowing she dropped me off at some random foster home and left to never come back. I could’ve been anywhere; a druggie, a teen mom, or some rich and famous people could have adopted me. I kept constantly thinking of my mom and her many mistakes that I didn’t even noticed Jordan standing next to me.
“Sasha? You seem to be deep in thought.”
“Huh? Oh, yeah.”
“Is everything alright?”
“Everything is just peachy, couldn’t be better.”
Jordan cracked a small smile, “I may not know you that well but I can tell when you’re lying.”
I began to blush so I looked at the floor. “Me? Lying? What would give you that idea?”
“The fact that you can’t stop blushing hints at it a bit,” Jordan said while reaching for my face. Oh my gosh, did I have something on my face? I instantly reached for my cheek but Jordan beat me to it.
“You know you look really cute when you’re blushing.”
My face became even hotter, “Really? You think so?”
“But that’s coming from the guy who thinks you’re just really cute.”
I couldn’t help the wide-toothed grin that appeared on my face. “I… Well… I think you’re cute too.”
“Really?” Jordan honestly seemed surprised by my comment and began to smile too.
“Wow, look our bus is here.”
Jordan looked up into the sky. “Is it the Magic School Bus?”
I slapped him in his arm while chuckling, “No, smart aleck. Our trip home is here. The big, yellow death trap.”
His smile faltered but his eyes still sparkled, “Oh, that bus.”
As we walked to the bus I was half-expecting him to ask to sit by me. I was ready to do a big surprised smile and tell him I would love to. I was mentally preparing myself for this big moment. But as we walked unto the bus he went straight to the back with his friend, Dave, while I was left looking like a fool. So I quickly took a seat without looking in his direction. I was left alone. It was just me and my thoughts. Slowly, the bad mood I had before I talked to Jordan started to come back.

Bastille98 said...
Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:48 pm:
Your writing is amazing! I am not kidding. You have such great voice and the way you've developed Sasha's character is really proffessional. Write more, write more!! :)

T-anna replied...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:40 am :
Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate. You just gave me the motivation to keep writing. ♥