To Each Their Own...

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Prologue

"Sasha! Wake up!" That ever so familiar voice boomed from the other room. With much complaining and groaning, I got up and went to the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and almost threw up. My hair was a disaster! I bet not even a bird would call this mess its home. After vigorously combing it out (with a few words I’m not too proud to admit), I slipped on my over sized robe and trudged to the kitchen.

“Morning.”

“Good morning, Sasha. What do you want to eat?”

“A biscuit with eggs.” With a big smile plastered on her face, Mrs. Wales went straight to the stove and started to flip some eggs.

“What’s the wonderful Ms. Sasha Lawrence up to this fine day?”

“Nothing much, Wales. Just trying to figure out what to do with myself.”

“If you don’t know now, you won’t know in five minutes.”

“Challenge accepted.”

Mrs. Wales always found out ways to make my mornings just a little better. The aroma of freshly fried eggs begins to fill the kitchen.

“Oh, before I forget, you’re mom told me she would like to meet up with you later.”

A look of disgust crept on my face, so much for happy mornings.

“Why? Hasn’t she done enough to mess up my life?”

“Sasha!” Mrs. Wales said in her stern teacher voice. “She is your mother and deserves your respect.”

“I lost all respect for her when I knew what she did to me.”

Mrs. Wales dropped her spatula, came over and sat next to me. “How many times do we have to go over this?”

“I know, I know. ‘She did what was best.’ ‘She cares about you.’ ‘You’re life is better because of it.’” This speech has been told me since I learned how to talk. But no matter how many times I hear it, it doesn’t make it any better.

“Sorry, Wales, I don’t have much time for this, I got school you know.” I refused to get mad because of my so-called “mother”.

“Alright, deary. Just don’t be such a sour-puss.”

“Nobody says that anymore.”

There she goes again, making my morning great to bad to better. Mrs. Wales was the best foster parent to put me with. We’re two different puzzle pieces that just so happens to fit together ever so nicely.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Bastille98 said...
Your writing is amazing! I am not kidding. You have such great voice and the way you've developed Sasha's character is really proffessional. Write more, write more!! :)

T-anna replied...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:40 am
Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate. You just gave me the motivation to keep writing. ♥