Patricia's Notebooks

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

Chapter 6

I got to the top all out of breath and as I was pulling out the key (that opened to door to the main building), I turned around o see if anyone actually followed me. I saw Keene run up over the top of the hill with Acario following close behind. I guess Emily was in too bad of a mood to follow. I unlocked the door and yelled, “come on!” Then, I walked inside to the nice air-conditioned building.
I opened the fridge and not really seeing anything good, I opened the freezer. “Is Emily coming?”
Keene glanced back and said, “yeah but she wasn’t running.”
“What do you guys want for lunch?” I asked, gesturing at the fridge.
“Frozen pizza,” said Acario. “Before my mom left, she told me we could have that.
“Pizza it is,” I said while taking the pizza out and peeling the plastic wrap off. I set the oven to the right temperature and put the pizza in. “Hey,” I started hesitantly, “where’s Emily? Shouldn’t she be here by now?”
“Yeah,” said Acario, “I was wondering the same thing.”
“Is she mad at me?” asked Keene.
“I’m sure she’s not mad at you. If anything, she is probably angry with me. Lord knows why.” I said.
“Should I go look for her?” asked Acario.
“No, I will,” I sighed. “Just take the pizza out when it’s done.”
“Got it,” Keene said.
I walked outside and didn’t see a trace of Emily anywhere.
I figured that she went up to her room, so I climbed the stairs, located her door and knocked.
“It’s open,” I head.
I walked in and asked, “what’s wrong?”
Emily looked up and said, “It’s just that, I don’t want to live here. There is seriously one other person that’s my age in this town!”
“Yeah, and he’s making pizza for us right now.” I could tell Emily was upset, so I said, “you know, I would really like to live out here. Would you like it better if I lived here with you?”
“Of course that would be better. You’re my best friend.”
“Wanna know a secret?” I asked, wondering if I should really tell her.
“What?”
“One of the reasons my mom wanted to visit you guys out here was because she was considering moving out here. She’s an author so she thought it would be a good idea to move here for inspiration. I didn’t want to tell you because we weren’t sure about it, but if I tell my mom how much I want to move out here, she would probably agree.”
Really Patricia?” she asked while smiling. “That would actually be really awesome.” She hugged me and then I said, “Let’s go have lunch, shall we?”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6