Finally Flying

Author's note: I had started some it for a English paper in 9th grade. It's still not done but it's mostly the...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I had started some it for a English paper in 9th grade. It's still not done but it's mostly the outline right now.The story had made just about everyone that read it cry so it inspired me to continue writing it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 Next »

Chapter one

I was only seven when it happened. My mom hung herself. She was watching me and then all of the sudden her eyes got foggy, like they have been for awhile, but this time was different. She didn’t hit me or start talking to her new friend, that only see can see or hear, like she always did. No this time, this one time was different. At first she left the room and I could hear her talking to him. I was so absorbed in the puzzle that I was doing, that I didn’t notice her come back in to the room with a rope; by the time I finally noticed her, she was gasping for air. I was so shocked and scared that I was frozen. I barely noticed when she went limp, dangling like a doll from the ceiling by that tiny rope. At first I couldn’t believe she had done it. I mean her “friend” had told her to before but she always stood her ground and said, “No.”
When Daddy finally came home that night, he started to do the one thing I never thought I would see him do, cry. After mommy died, daddy started to get very sad and very depressed. He spent days upon days locked in his room not wishing to be disturbed, and if I bothered him, he would slap me. On the bad nights I would hear him cry him self to sleep. On the good days I got out of school for a shopping or movie day. But, with a snap of the fingers it would all be bad again.
About a month after mommy died daddy told me that he loved me, and he was sorry he had to do this to me, he said I had a lot to learn. I remember, right before he walked into the room, he grabbed his gun, gave me the phone and told me, “If you hear any loud bands come from my room, don’t go in there, just call the number I have in the phone. Will you do that for me Lexi?”
With out waiting for an answer he just left with the gun and shut his door with a loud SLAM! About five seconds later I heard the loud bang that I had been waiting for.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

dezluvsu said...
This sounds like a good book I'll read it to find out though.