Im With The Band

Author's note: what inspired me to write this book was my love for music and making it big. also being in a...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: what inspired me to write this book was my love for music and making it big. also being in a band. the hardships and a few fights that might happen.
i hope you guys like this book and think its good  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Next »

chapter 5:you?

I walked into the hallways which were crowded with students and made my way to my locker.
Once I was done putting my things in there I once again grabbed my phone, iPod and a $20 bill then slammed it shut turning a few heads.
I quickly made my way to homeroom so I get a seat. When I walked in there was no one in the room but the teacher. Something about this guy gave me the creeps so I just made my way to the back of the room and grabbed a window seat. Shoving my earphones in my ears I turned my iPod on and blasted out a random song which came on. I hummed along while staring out the window daydreaming. I always wanted to have a band. They would be kind of like a little family. Always there for each other. Sort of like being in a pack of wolves. All I needed was a band, a group of talented musicians. I could have asked Zac and the gang but doubt they would want to. As they had simply stated yesterday, they were too lazy to form a band. I want the band i'm in to become huge, big and really famous. The guys are too lazy for that I guess.
I felt the seat beside me move and looked up. Right next to me staring at me oddly, was Zac and Tom. I pulled my earphones out and turned my iPod off.
“Um… hi?”
“HEY! SKY,” Tom exclaimed excited.
“What’s crawled up your pants and got you excited,” I asked curious.
“oh nothing, just my- our birthday’s coming up and we’re having a small get together with some family and friends and were hoping you could come?” he asked me, a look of hope on his face.
I pretended to think about it for a while. I mean what could be the harm. I was just going over to hang out, free cake and singing ‘Happy Birthday’.
“Sure, I mean what could possibly happen right?” I replied.
“YEEHA! Thanks a lot sky.”
I frowned at Zac.
“Didn’t I tell you not to call me sky?”
“Oh sorry….. Sky.”
This boy is really trying to grind my gears isn’t he? I ought to slap him upside the head a few times.
I sighed and faced the front as Mr Teel took attendance.
Elijah and Brad had arrived while I was talking to the twins. Every so often I would catch Elijah looking at me oddly. Just by watching him I could tell that we could actually be great friends- best friends even, but he just won’t let me in.
Just to make it clear I have no intentions of starting a relationship with this baboon.
The next two periods were ‘okay’.
So far the day was good till period ¾ where I have science and chem. It’s a good thing these classes are connected because they basically are the same thing so there would be no point in teaching it to us twice.
Mr Gingerl walked into class late.
During the waiting period I talked endlessly with the twins. They seemed to be the ones I go on with great out of all the boys.
“So, we were thinking that you, Brad and Elijah can stay over after the party,” Zac continued on.
We had been discussing the party all morning. Well not THE party but what we would do after. Apparently their cousins were coming over and the twins didn’t like them so me, being the little devious girl I am, decided that we should prank them, seeing as they were sleeping over too. Mandatory, otherwise the twins would have said no.
“How about we dress them up in pretty dresses, make up, wigs and push their beds in the pool?” Brad piped in. I hadn’t even noticed him; I thought he wasn’t in this convo.
“Nah, too classic, we need something original, something that hasn’t been done...” I sat there thinking of a plan then BAM! It came to me.
“I GOT IT!!” I exclaimed happily.
“Care to share?” Elijah said smirking at me.
Hmm, he seems to have loosened up a bit.
“Nope, it’s a surprise but I’ll tell you when it’s been finalised ok?”
They nodded and that’s what brings us to where we are now. The moment when Mr Gingerl walked in.
The man looked oddly familiar.
I hadn’t paid much attention to him yesterday but he seems really familiar. Like we’d met before, not counting school. He reminded me of someone who was once important in my life. I just couldn’t put my finger on it. This was too annoying.
I sighed and racked my brain trying to find out who it was. He looked really young too. Just like my music teacher, fresh out of college.
But where could I possibly know him. He had black short hair, deep blue eyes and a five o’clock shadow. His body was medium built and lean and muscular.
I thought through my childhood memories till it hit me. This oaf used to be my neighbour. When I was a little baby he would babysit me. Well till I turned 13 and my dad trusted me to take care of myself.
Mr Gingerl couldn’t have been that much older than me because I remember having a little schoolgirl crush on him. I would gush over the phone to my friend about how good-looking he is. That was until the day he decided to leave me. I couldn’t wrap my head around why he wanted to leave till dad told me a week later.
Jake Gingerl had gone to college. This makes him about 5 years older than me. I don’t have any interest in him anymore. I would say I only think of him as a friend now.
When class ended, instead of bolting off towards the lunch room I took my time getting packed up. As soon as everyone was out of the room I jumped on Jake and hugged him, a few tears leaking out.
Even though I had had a crush on him, I also thought of him as a brother. He chased the bullies away. We were more like family than just babysitter and child.
“Whoa there Mrs Stone, this isn’t appropriate,” he said panicked.
I jumped down and looked him in the eyes. I then proceeded to slap him hard across the face.
He stared at me in disbelief.
“What was that for!” he yelled holding his cheek.
“That was for leaving me you jerk,” I turned and head for the door.
“Leaving you? I don’t know you, you’re just a new student,” he said confused.
“How could you just go without saying goodbye, how could you just forget about me ginger ninja?” I asked using the nickname I used to call him.
“Skylar?” he asked, looking in my eyes in disbelief.
“Yes,” my voice shook.
He enveloped me in a hug.
“Oh sky, i’m so sorry, I just didn’t know how to break it to you, you were like my little sister, it was just too hard to say goodbye I know I should have at least called and kept contact but I didn’t know what I would say or how you would react. I thought you might hate me.”
I sobbed into his shoulder.
“I don’t hate you; however I do hate how you didn’t call. I sat by the phone for months on end hoping you would call,” I said crossing my arms over my chest.
“I’m sorry sky.”
He hugged me again.
“Come on, I’m sure you’re hungry, you and your food habits.
“Hey! Nothing wrong with my food habits,” I replied with attitude.
He laughed heartily.
“Sure,” then we walked down towards the cafeteria.
“Shoot,” I yelled as I ran for my locker.
“What sky!” he frantically asked.
“I look like a racoon, I’ll see you later.”
I bolted to my locker, snapped it open and grabbed my bag.
I ran to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.
My hair was slightly messy and my makeup- well just look at a raccoon then compare the too. You won’t find much of a difference.
I wiped my entire make up off and re-applied it.
When I was done I brushed my hair a bit then dumped my bag back in my locker.
I made my to the cafeteria where I spotted the gang.
I walked over and sat in the middle of the twins. Zac on my left and Tom on my right.
“What’s crackin’” I said as I grabbed a slab of pizza from Brad’s tray.
He didn’t seem to mind as he was in his own dream world.
“Not much, got you a tray since you were busy with whatever you were doing,” he said slyly.
“I was just talking to an old family friend. It got a bit emotional because I missed him so much” I said, trying not to break down.
“You knew Mr Gingerl?” Elijah asked.
“Jake? Yup, he was my babysitter before he went to college. Jerk didn’t bother telling me he was leaving, just up and left. He was like a big brother to me I missed him so bad,” I replied.
For the rest of the lunch period we talked about Jake and random things.
When music came I was genuinely pumped. I couldn’t wait to walk in there and play around with the instruments.
It was like my own personal heaven. Well in my mind that’s what heaven would look like.
I grabbed an acoustic guitar and sat in the back corner where I was sure no one went.
I started plucking chords tuning it then played a soft Mexican tune.
Everyone was in their own little worlds with their groups chatting away.
The boys walked in and sat near me.
Zac turned in his chair and stared at me.
“What,” I said getting annoyed.
“Why did you bolt like that?” he asked.
“Hello? Music?” I stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
Elijah looked at me amused.
JJ walked into class and took his position at the front.
“Good afternoon class, I take you had a good day?” he greeted.
The class made small noises in response so he continued.
“As you all know, every year we have a battle of the bands. Now, we need a band from this school to enter the competition so me, Mr Gingerl and Mrs Huiha will be choosing along with a representative from the contest, Mr Johns.
I know this school has a few good bands so don’t hide your talent. We want to hear you. The world wants to hear you, so if you’re in a band signups are next Friday,” he said, the last part directly looking at me.
The class burst into excited chatter about the battle and wondering who would win.
I talked to the twins about it but they still wouldn’t form a band with the other two boys.
Not that I would say this to the twins but if i was in their bands I would have signed up already.
I mean I play a bit of bass; Tom plays drums and Zac guitar.
It could work.
I don’t understand how these best friends won’t make a band.
I decided to stay out of their business and think about something else.
We soon initiated a conversation on the Smurfs. I used to watch that show all the time as a child. Well I still do but who cares right?

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

CeciliaLee-Anne said...
Mar. 20 at 10:30 pm
Hey guys. Its Cecilia and I'd just like to let you guys know that I'll begin editing and uploading more frequently (ONE OR TWICE A WEEK) and I hope ya'll will like it.

crazy-polish-chick-1 said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 1:41 am
i want more!!!!! this is probably one of THE coolest bookest i have ever read!!!!! and trust me i have read alot!!!!! please add more its too good not to be finished!!!!! 

darklove38 said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:46 am
im in love with tis book