Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > "Just Another Act"

"Just Another Act"

Melissa M.
"Just Another Act"
Summary: I've been working on a play manuscript for a year now. Writing it makes me feel as if there's no bad in the world, and even if there was I could get rid of it with ease. Sucked into this world of mine with a smile, I hear my mom call my name. Instantly all the bad whooshes back.
I'm not like the average teenager. Although my friends like that about me, my parents don't. I don't expect this writing thing of mine is going to be a career. I also don't know what else I would want to do with my life. I wonder what people would think of me if they read what I wrote. Would they grimace but try and hide it? Would they enjoy it? No, not possible. Well, if that ever happened I wouldn't believe it anyway. Neither would my mom.

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

TashaB said...
Hey Everyone! I've written a book as well and it's a nail biter.... Everyone read it :) It's called HOW I FEEL by TashaB

renthead96 said...
I enjoyed reading the first few chapters of this book because of the narrator. I like her character, and that's what's great about using first person: your character can really shine through because it's them that's telling the story. I do have to say, however, that in the beginning when she's writing the script, it's not exactly correct in terms of playwriting. This could have been on purpose by you because perhaps you meant for the character to write that way. But if not, if you were trying to... (more »)

Indiewriter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks for all the advice! What'd you mean when you said you enjoyed reading the first few chapters? Did you not like the rest of it? As far as the play, ya I didn't do any research on that because It wasn't a real important part of the story. It was just a way to introduce some things and end it. It didn't matter so much if it was actually a good play it just sort of tied in the story. But I deffinately could of done a better job on that part. This is the first story I've ever written. I just w... (more »)

renthead96 replied...
By "the first few chapters" I mean that's all I've read so far. I haven't finished it yet. But it isn't bad at all, trust me! Especially for your first time writing a story. It was well written, I was just offering some constructive advice :) But keep on writing, you've got a lot of great ideas!