The Dating Department | Teen Ink

The Dating Department

May 7, 2011
By PulseExplosion, Cocoa, Florida
PulseExplosion, Cocoa, Florida
0 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.\" - TE Lawrence.


Summary:

Riley has never had a boyfriend. Scratch that. Riley has never been on a date. She's never been kissed, and no guy has ever shown any interest in her, and, quite frankly, she couldn't care less.

Amber needs a summer job, but all she really knows about is boys. She's just chock full of helpful hints for those who want to date.

So when Amber takes one of Riley's many jokes a little too seriously, the Dating Department is born, and Riley is the first customer...unwillingly of course. Amber sets to find Riley a boyfriend over the course of one summer.

Will she succeed in finding the right guy for Riley?

If Riley has any say in this, the answer is:

HECK NO!


SimplyImperfect

The Dating Department


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 43 comments.


on Jun. 8 2011 at 5:15 pm
ImNotPerfect BRONZE, Kansascitymissouri, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 6 comments
Keep it going,Its good and i read this short half about 3 times already because I LOVE IT.

on May. 26 2011 at 4:24 pm
PulseExplosion, Cocoa, Florida
0 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
\"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.\" - TE Lawrence.

Thanks so much! 

on May. 26 2011 at 1:47 pm
Zazawish777 GOLD, KC, MO, Missouri
16 articles 2 photos 100 comments

Favorite Quote:
life isn't passing me by, it's trying to run me over!

this is good. I like it- good dialog and adgectives. Keep it going!