Last Note

Author's note: I hope people understand that depression and suicide are really important issues and more and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope people understand that depression and suicide are really important issues and more and more teens have been dealing with them. I just want to spread the message. Don't ever try to make someone feel so low that they are depressed or try to commit suicide. If you ever feel like you just want to die, just remember that you are strong and you can get through anything. Don't give up.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Chapter 1

I wonder if they’ve read the note yet. I hope they understand why I—what’s that smell? It smells like laundry detergent, and my eyes feel like they’ve been glued shut. Why can’t I open them? If I’m in heaven or wherever else I’m supposed to be, why can’t I open my eyes? The smell of clean sheets and antibiotics hits my nose. My eyes shoot open. Wow, bad idea. Pain strikes my pupils like lightning.
“She’s up! She’s up! Oh, honey. Why would you do this?”
I hear sobbing and my mother’s voice, but I can’t sit up.
“Mom?” I croak as loud as I can, but it comes out barely more than a whisper. I grunt and groan as I try to sit up, but it’s no use. It’s like I’m in a full-body cast.
“No, not yet. Just lay down for now. You’ll be able to get up in a couple hours,” an unfamiliar voice says.
I don’t listen. I still try to sit up, but it’s a fight I can’t win. So instead I close my eyes angrily and curse in my head. I’m about to ask the doctor to let me get up when I hear footsteps going in the direction opposite from me. I feel a sharp pain for a second in my left wrist, and then everything goes black.

Cielo4ever said...
I LOVE this story...the first line got me...the one where she can't open her eyes? AWESOME!!! :)

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Oct. 19, 2012 at 11:13 am :
Hey the new chapters and edits of the old ones are up so check it up if you have time! :)

NhtOrdinary said...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 3:43 am:
I loved it.

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 10:11 am :
thanks!!! :)

Roxy5898 said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 3:07 pm:
I have to say, that was honestly AMAZING!! and i have to say, i love nevershoutnever too :) but thats beside my point. Never stop writing your description is brilliant and dialogue is not like some people's. It's more realistic, things that people would actually say and exactly how they would say it.

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 10:37 pm :
WOW thanks sooo much :) you really understood what i was trying to go for with my writing thanks!! and haha thats ok im in loveee with nevershoutnever :) wish he was younger than 22 :( lol

Roxy5898 replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 1:43 pm :
You are VERY welcome and only if he was my age i would marry him!

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 4:18 pm :
hahah same!

Roxy5898 replied...
Jul. 17, 2011 at 6:38 pm :
Aside from our obsession over nevershoutnever haha, i have to say you are truly an astonishing writer, and please keep writing its kind of addicting to read, almost like the Twilight series. Just please, it doesn't matter what its about just write! haha

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 11:42 am :
haha wow! i will haha :) im currently working ont he next chapter for this book im almost done but ive been super busy cuz its summer :P but i will be posting it soon!

Awesome Asian said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:58 pm:
This is the best book ever you should keep writing I'm addicted

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 1:01 pm :
thanks!!!! :)

Siddhu said...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 10:11 am:
I loved it... the details were superb.. the chicket scrawl towards the end of the page, the snowflakes from the ceiling, the sequence in her brother's room... the flow was beautiful...

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm :
thanks a lot!!!

citylightsgirl93 said...
Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm:
this whole thing was just brilliant. Thank you for sharing this brilliantness with everyone! great job and never stop writing!

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jun. 18, 2011 at 12:33 pm :
thanks so much!

MyShatteredSelf said...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 8:23 am:
Holy Shnozoly- absolutely-without a doubt-completely, and utterly AMAZING! You're a fantastic writer!

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 10:35 am :
wow thanks so much! :)

starbuxcoffee said...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 5:56 pm:
Wow, this is really amazing. I could not stop reading. Do the world a favor and NEVER stop writing. :)

NeverShoutNeverFan replied...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm :
wow, thanks SOOO much :) please do the world a favor and YOU never stop writing!!! :)

DinoNugget said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 8:16 pm:

I liked it a lot.  At first, with the short chapters, I thought, "Oh this'll be a snap!  Ten minutes tops."  But I was wrong.  You're a great writer!

Oh, by the way, I posted a story about a girl who can jump-if you will- into books like Leia wished she could do in Chapter 7.  It's called "To Kill the Mockingbird" but now I regret choosing that for a name.  :/  

And I love Maximum Ride, too. :P