Painless Scars

TheCreepyNeighbor
Painless Scars
Summary: You would think you'd want the rare disease, CIP, that prohibited pain to hit your nervous system. Unable to feel scrapes, burns or even the feeling of a truck spiraling out of control into your small car. Sage Caldwell, now has a dead friend and another in a coma faces the fact that her life is going downhill. Returning to school, covered in even more scars she never felt, she must face the world alone. But when she meets reckless Megan, she finally thinks her life is improving. But when Sage gets more wild then ever and her life is endangered for thrill -- she meets Tristan, the only one who can bring her back to Earth before she does something she'll regret.

Beachgirl1 said...
this is a great story, i like the beginning, it drags you in, i really liked the way you could feel the characters, the only thing that i would do would go into a little bit more of a back story on all the characters, but this is a great story! keep writing!

TheCreepyNeighbor replied...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 3:29 pm :
That will happen as Sage looks at more pictures and thinks back to her memories. I didnt' want to info dump.

Beachgirl1 replied...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 3:30 pm :
oh i see! great!

TNT25 said...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 9:51 am:

First I have to say I'm a sucker for stories that start out with something tragic happening. It's no fun to read if everything's all happy go lucky and only a few minor problems occur. 

Second, I really like the concept of Sage having ICP. It's interesting and fairly original.

Third, the relationships between characters and the characters themselves seem well developed, although I m curious to find out more about Sage's father.

Lastly, you can really feel the emotion... (more »)

Wildlife said...

Totally disregard my last comment. I wish I could edit it, but I don't know how...

Just curious, would I be correct in saying that the ancedote about Sage not feeling her broken bone is irony? She tells her friends she is going to show them super powers and in a way she does.

Mother Dearest is an interesting character and so is the father. Even though he was only given a few sentences. The background story of how the two would be interesting and if he... (more »)

KATastrophe replied...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 11:50 am :

Thanks. Nope, that's not how the story ends but I do need to fix up my summary and I will use your idea.

Yes, the father does come into play more later in the book.

Also, Sage really did not want to start anything with Tiffany considering drama is something that would be the least of her problems. I'll read Angel soon.

ArtemisH said...

This is so good!! I wanted to cry, I wanted to laugh, wow, just wow. You did an amazing job at capturing everyones emotions and feelings!! I loved the way Micah and Sage interacted!!! I have always wanted the older brother younger sister relantionship, I had an older brother, he died when he was three days old, so I never met him. But I feel like I know him, and sometimes I feel lonely when hes not there to talk to. People with an older brother are super lucky!! I know that one day I will see... (more »)

lucybrown97 said...

You captured Sage's emotions very well.  At first I was confused why she wasn't crying a lot (she lost her best friend after all) But now I think I understand- it's hard to believe something so horrible really could of happened, and I suppose you kind of freeze up about it.
Though there are a lot of stories that involve car crashes what makes yours original is Sage's disease and her family- both of them, Micha and Mother Dearest have very well developed personalities. ... (more »)

iluvnachoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 10, 2011 at 9:53 pm :

honestly, I love the story line. It's fresh new and intresting.

I also adore your style of writing. Just the way you position words, add a dash of sarcasm or whatever, I like the way it sounds. smooth, natural. such as how Sage calls her mom "Mother Dearest" or how you just simply say how it is "It was good to have him back. Especially now."

The only critisim I have for you is long sentences. I didn't notice it alot, but for an example"My body was flung forward, the seatbelts re... (more »)

TheCreepyNeighbor replied...
Apr. 15, 2011 at 5:16 am :
Well I didn't actually write it but a lot of time passes, because she was in the hospital for a while, and then at home and I know it would get boring to write her at home for too long, but your right. I should probably make Sage want to go back for some reaso. Thanks Nacho!