Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > Away From Tragedy

Away From Tragedy

TheGoodTwin
Away From Tragedy
Summary: Anna has had a stressful life with her parents always at her back. But one single moment in history changes that. She ends up going back in time for one single scene in her life. What happens there changes her, in a small, but big way.

This book has 23 comments. Post your own now!

Ms. Creeper said...
Sup Sam. I'm using Jimmy's profile. So...... Where is that one story you entered for that contest? The hands stained red one. You should put that back up.

Mantisman630 said...
Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:48 am
Well hello, this is your twin's friend! I am quite impressed with your writing style and quite impressed on how differently the two of you set into putting on your works. This story has a great balance between reality and a dreamlike state. However, the story does feel a little rushed and short. If you can extend the writing itself, you might achieve further likings and further expression in the development of the Character. All in all though, very nice job and hope you will continue. Sa... (more »)

TheGoodTwin replied...
Thanks! 

TheGoodTwin replied...
I never planned on extending the story though! Too much work, not enough time, and I wrote this for school freshman year. It's more of a short story than a book, and I'm not sure that I'd ever post a full fledged book online anyway--I'd rather see it in print. Thanks for the feed back though! Much appreciated. If you have time check out my other book: Among the Stars. It's in romance books. I'm not one for writing (or reading for that matter) Romance but I'm more prou... (more »)

Mantisman630 replied...
My thing is, I don't feel like I could express a complete thought without lengthening my words into a giant novel. Write now, I'm personally tackling the writing of a book called, "Vectors of Corruption," it has already hit over 78,000 words and is still going up! It is only about half done and the first half is up on my page, but the other half will probably take me another year to finish. Anyway, good luck, post more!

TheGoodTwin replied...
I've been instructed to tell you 3 things: liana will see u in math tomorrow. Liana says to stop stalking me. And to ask about the asian eagle??? Im quite confused.

Mantisman630 replied...
No stalking intended, as for the Asian Eagle, that is your twin's codename (or nickname) for Agent Liana Kabins in "Vectors of Corruption," she is still a fairly minor character within the book but it could bloom into more. Anyway, we've been calling her that slowly more and more as a nickname in school as well.

TheGoodTwin replied...
Oh, oh, that's harsh. She gets a nickname and I'm just the nameless wonder? I think it's only fair that if she's in your book as a minor character then I should be in your book as a major character. And uh, Liana is an eagle? I think that's a slight misnomer. I think the Asian sparrow or the Asian Hummingbird would be more fitting. haha

Mantisman630 replied...
No one exactly took the twin into account when someone was writing the book. And Asian Eagle stays...sparrow is too weak...hummingbird is too fast.

Mantisman630 said...
Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:44 am
Well hi, this is a friend of your twin! To say the least, I am quite impressed with your writing, it is pretty well balanced by bouncing between reality and an almost dreamlike state. Unfortunately, the story seem a bit short...if it can be lengthened and further described, you could pump out a full fledged novel...You have the perfect exposition and resolution, if you can implement a more intense sense of rising action to the climax, the book can only end positively. Anyway, good job and salu... (more »)

Mary_S. said...

I finally found it! :)

Well, I do really like this, and you have an excellent writing style, but there were kind of a lot of typos, mostly in the first chapter. They were mostly little things, though, because I can't even remember them off the top of my head, and I'm a grammar freak! ^_^ You're a great writer, and I really hope you don't ever stop!

TheGoodTwin replied...
Hahaha, ya, i know. Sorry about that. Thanks for commenting!

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
good story  i especially like your writing style  could you please check out and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i would appreciate the feedback

TheGoodTwin replied...

Thank You. 

And i will. 

TheGoodTwin replied...

Where is your story??? 

I can't find it

TheGoodTwin replied...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 12:16 am
nvrm. found it. 

rainbowwaffles said...

I really liked this! :) I think your writing style is great, and your imagery is really good.

I'm not sure if I would consider it a novel, though, probably more a short story. You should also check your punctuation regarding the dialogue. I'm not sure what the relevance of the second chapter was, but it fit in nicely, anyway.

Keep writing! (Well, I don't mean continuing this, considering that ending was very final.)

If you have the chance, could you please check out my re... (more »)

TheGoodTwin replied...

Thank you so much!!!! That feels great, especially because one of my friends didn't like it much. :( 

Well thanks, and i tried to find your story but i could seem to find it. 

And yes, it is actually a short story, but short story wasn't an option to file it under. 

Just a random question: 

What did you like about it???

TheGoodTwin replied...
Oops! typo. i meant i couldn't find it

TheGoodTwin replied...
And just one final thing: the second chapter was supposed to be a flashback to a previous moment in her life, but i couldn't find the stupid italicize button. LOL