There's No Such Thing As Perfect

Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to writing in times of need because writing is like a fairy tale to me. It takes me out of reality. I was inspired to write a book about myself. It's meant for teens and young adults, to show that when times get bad, there is hope.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next »

Bullied To Insecurity

From the day I understood, I had always wanted to be ‘popular.’  Well.. now I am to a point where being ‘popular’ is all about how much of a slut, you can be just to get attention for guys. Trying too hard to impress someone includes throwing your self at people and being someone that your really not. Which also comes with the low self-respect and insecurity. A lot of girls from the ages 8-22 are judge mental and insecure, which puts them through a process of attempting to humiliate former classmates, team mates, friends, co-workers ect. For example, if you’ve been taught about bullying, adults say that bullies hurt others just to make themselves feel better about their own character. In a way thats’ true, and untrue. Bullies hurt the feelings of other because the hurt in them (possibly from an unfulfilled childhood such as abusive parents, parents that have gone through divorce ect.) from their own past is just raging to lash out on someone not as strong physically, mentally or emotionally. As this is were some girls come in. Bullying is upon both guys or girls. Both harsh, unwanted violence or verbal abuse from another person. Many girls feel the need to judge other girls based upon looks, clothing, personality traits, cultural differences, and more. Therefor the victimized people don’t always have the self-confidence needed to undergo an attack. Which the person would start feeling bad about them self, then could lead onto depression or non participant in school, or other activities. After enough abuse, some children get thoughts of hurting themselves or suicide and unfortunately, some go through with suicide. No matter how bad anything gets, NEVER let your mind get to you. Taking your life isn’t the only choice to the problem. I promise you. Even I’ve been bullied, many times. Those of you that have been bullied, knows what It feels like. Not a good feeling at all. Honestly, I’ve been verbally attack from 3rd grade throughout elementary and even now! It feels like no matter what, you can never get rid of bullies. It’s hard, it really is hard to take all the hurt from people. The only way I got through each day, without breaking down and crying my eyes out is, I told my self that I was going to be okay. I said to my self “It’ll  be okay, a new day will come.” It really made me feel better. Just to take deep breathes. I’ve been in a lot of situations that some of my closest friends were being bullies to younger kids, and sometimes, you have to put your foot down and set them straight, stand up for the kids. Think about it, if your a by stander, make a difference and stand up for someone. What if it were you in their position? Would you want someone to stand up for you? That’s were karma steps in, my life revolves around karma. It might sound ridiculous but it’s nothing but the truth. I try to go out of my way to do something nice for someone, because then, someone will go out of their way for you. If you do something really bad, decide to gossip about the ‘new girl’ or the ‘nerds’, it’ll hit you. People will gossip about you. Soon enough you won’t have any friends. Not to be mean in any way, but it’s reality here. There’s the people that really need help because of bullies and have a reason to complain.. then you have the stuck up people that complain about how they hate drama, but really, they’re the ones starting the drama. That's when writing found me. I just started to write about everything that happened to me. It’s my writings. I really strive to be an author one day. Never thought I would until I actually had something to write about, My Life, and reality. I really would like to help whoever I can. That’s the reason I write. I enjoy helping others and writing. That's where it mixes with being insecure and being bullied. Whenever you feel bad about yourself, don't be afraid to write it down. It helps to vent, it really helps you think about everything and what your going through. Your never alone, and there are people who care about you and love you, even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Addicted said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 2:57 am:

Hi Brittany!

You have a wonderful story out in front of you but the book is rather full of little mistakes. For instance, "the" spelt as "Thee" and likewise. Reading it hence, makes it kind of difficult.

Best of luck for your endeavor. And please, check out my work, "the diary of a teenaged lunatic" and leave your comments.