Courage | Teen Ink

Courage

February 19, 2011
By blackrabbit GOLD, Norfolk, Virginia
blackrabbit GOLD, Norfolk, Virginia
15 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Let it Go"


Summary:

Meet Shelly. She's your average teen-aged girl. A great student, loved by her peers and overall happy. Or that's how it seems. On the inside she wants more. She wants to be beautiful like all the other girls in her school. Nice legs, small waist, cute button nose, she wants to be perfect. But the way she's trying to get there is proving to be too much for her to handle and she begins to wish for death. What happens when her wish comes true? Is the light at the tunnel really all that its cracked up to be?


Michelle W.

Courage


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Feb. 24 2011 at 12:38 pm
blackrabbit GOLD, Norfolk, Virginia
15 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Let it Go"

thanks :) I'll check it out a let you know

I guess you are right, it is pretty short, maybe I could add on to the middle or something. This was a project we had to do for creavtive writing, It ended up being like 3,000 words So I just decided to post it. Thats why its so short. I'm glad you like it though :)

This has given me me the boost I need to write more. So really thanks :D


on Feb. 23 2011 at 10:53 am
rainbowwaffles BRONZE, Stony Brook, New York
2 articles 0 photos 89 comments

I really enjoyed reading this! Is this the end of the novel? I think it's kind of short, but I guess it could be read as a short story as well.

This was a very powerful story, it shows how far eating disorders can go. I especially liked the similie in the second chapter comparing her stride to Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. There were a few errors regarding punctuation, but nothing major. Keep writing!!!

Could you please check out my realistic fiction novel, The Formation and let me know what you think? It would mean a lot. Thanks! :)