Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > Red Popsicle Summers

Red Popsicle Summers

Kalyn F.
Red Popsicle Summers
Summary: Hannah and Max are the best of friends, they have been since they were little tykes rolling around in their Huggies diapers, occasionally smacking heads but all in good fun. Things began to change as the two grow up and grow old, feelings began to emerge. What happens when one falls in love with the other? Or when thy both fall in love with each other? Disaster, Happiness, or a strange mix of the two? Join their friends and family in the journey these two make to discover their destiny together.

wordlover27 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 11:37 am:
This is the first time I read a whole book on Teen Ink! I was hooked on your story and just HAD to finish it! Just wondering though, why is it called "Red Popsicle Summers"?

cdmswimmer9 replied...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 11:40 am :

The title is tentative right now. It refers to the memory of Max's sitting out on the tree with Hannah, eating red popsicles. I'm really bad at titling my work. :/

Just wondering, would you pick up the book in the store

ThespianChickAnnie said...

Oh MAN, this is good! Like, seriously. Amazing. :)

I agree with remembermyname, you should TOTALLY write a sequel. :)

cdmswimmer9 replied...
Jan. 14, 2011 at 9:34 pm :
Thank you :)

remembermyname said...

Okay, first thing first, I freaking love this! It was not what I was expecting. AND that's a good thing. I was expecting the whole typical love story cliche. I loved.

Secondly, I was really hoping for Max and Hannah to fall in love, but when they didn't I was like, "Wow! That turned out pretty good anyway!" =)

Thirdly, MAKE A SUEQUEL OR SOMETHING! I was yearning for more when I  new I was almost done with the 25th chapter. I hate when the story ends at a re... (more »)

cdmswimmer9 replied...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 11:11 am :
Thank you so much! I will definitely look at your work. I wrote this a couple years ago and it was m first, so it makes me very happy to hear such great things about it. :)

remembermyname replied...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 4:09 pm :
NO problem!  Do you think you will make a sequel? It is going to be fantistic!

cdmswimmer9 replied...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 10:04 pm :
I have already started one. But I only did a few chapters before I stopped. This was about a year ago, I haven't really looked at it since.