Story Retell of Roald Dahl's | Teen Ink

Story Retell of Roald Dahl's

November 8, 2019
By RachelBibens523, Bennington, Vermont
More by this author
RachelBibens523, Bennington, Vermont
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

This piece is very mysteries and mildly interesting, there is no way you can read this story with boredom.  

It was a very cold and misty night, I told myself as I fixed the old wrinkly yellow curtain. I could feel the cold through the window, I would definitely not want to be out there. After looking out the window for a minute or two I realized that the dark night was very lonely, the streets were filled with nothing but its own stone. “No one will come to my bed and breakfast tonight,” I told myself, still in disbelief  I lit up the fire as I stepped over my hard, lifeless, stuffed dog. I then sang a sweet melody on my piano as I sat and wondered when a new guest will ever arrive. Soon after I heard some clicks outside. someone was definitely out there. I could hear the tiny clacks of the natural rubber hit the numbing stone. 

I ran straight to the window, because of the fire the windows started to fog over. I could just see out but whoever was looking in could probably see just enough to read my, “Bed and Breakfast” sign. Out of nowhere, I saw a young man, maybe late teens early twenties. He was prepared for the cold, wearing a brown and white checkered scarf,  a blue ribbon wrapped around the shiny brown of the new hat, a long blue coat that reached all the way to his knees. I was so interested in his outfit that I didn’t even realize he was staring right at me, we locked eyes for a time that felt forever, he was a handsome young man, I didn’t want to look away. I could tell he didn’t hear me when I said “ Come in!” because all he did was stand there, still. I moved from the window and stood right next to the door, I kept my hand on the doorknob. He rang the doorbell, I was so happy, finally a guest! I swung the door open faster than I could think, he looked kind of confused or scared. 

As quick as I could I invited him in. Once I opened the door he walked right in, I was so happy he felt welcome. His name is Billy, such a sweet young man I can already tell.  He asked about a room. He must have been so tired, he had a chunky suitcase on his arm, he must have been traveling. There is no denying he will leave, my cheap prices of sixpence a night must real him in. Luckily I had a nice room for him already, I hope he enjoys his stay.  I asked him if he wanted an egg for breakfast although eggs are expensive at the moment. “I should like very much to stay here,” Billy said. My face lit up with glee. I told him he was the only guest for the night after he put his long blue coat on my old hanger. I took him to his room, I paused as I went up the stairs though. I gave him a welcoming smile, I feel like I made him uncomfortable. 

I brought him to his room, he still acted uncomfortably but still, he stayed. I told him there was a warm water bottle under the covers of the bed. He seemed very confused. Although we just met, I still feel like this man is my new guest ...permanent guest. “Make sure before you got to bed to sign the paper downstairs on the piano, it’s the law!” I told him in a grief manner. I left the room and went into the other bedrooms, I kissed my other boys on the head. Once I got downstairs I started making the tea, I put poison in it. I hope he drinks it, if not we will have to do plan b. That plan is never very fun. Plan b is forcing the poison straight down his throat, that's never very fun. He came downstairs and wrote his name on the paper. He then became suspicious and said, “Why are their only two names from years ago, and why do I recall these names so easily?” He was so close to busting me, I made up lies about everything he was guessing. 

 

“Would you like some tea?” I asked nicely. 

“Yes please” Billy hesitated

“How many sugar cubes would you like?” I asked again

“3 is good.”

“Okay dear” I responded

He sat there and drank tea. He didn’t know what trouble he was about to get into. We continued to talk, but he soon realized how still my sweet dog and parrot were. He asked to see the parrot, confusion filled his face. 

“Why is the parrot so still?” Billy asked. 

“Oh, I miss my animals too much I stuff them so I can still spend every day with them!”

Billy then touched the dog and seemed very creeped out. He mentioned it was hard and cold. Billy had to sit down, he explained that he wasn’t feeling well. The poison is getting to him, now the fun begins. Billy laid in the chair, slowly dying, I was enjoying this. He stopped breathing I could tell because his eyes and mouth were wide open. I sat and admired his dead body for twenty minutes before I took him upstairs. I struggled to carry him up the stairs. I laid him in his bed and took out my tools. I stuffed him, I am so happy now. I now have three beautiful boys.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.