The Life Story of Dave | Teen Ink

The Life Story of Dave

April 9, 2018
By Hegemann BRONZE, Minster, Ohio
More by this author
Hegemann BRONZE, Minster, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you anything": Genesis 9:3


Author's note:

I am an avid hunter and fisher and love being outdoors. I wrote this book because I never really found a book that I could relate to and not have these unresanoble expectations of life.

As Dave setback in his rocking chair with his coffee and smelled the fresh pines aroma he looked at his watch and it read 6:30. He stared out into the field in front of his cabin where he saw a cow elk very cautiously walk 150 yards in front of him. He just sat there relaxing, taking it all in. Just then his wife came out and told him that it was time for breakfast. As he walked in, the aroma of bacon overtook him and he leisurely made his way to the table where his eggs and bacon lay out on the white old plates. As he sat there his wife joined him at the table and before they ate like always they prayed, thanking God for the food that he blessed them with. After the prayer they dug in. As Dave  ate the bacon he could feel the little burning of bacon grease as it oozed down his throat. He took a sip of his coffee and felt the warmth surge through his body. When he was done he sat up as the chair screeched behind him. He grabbed his dirty plate, turned on the faucet, and washed the excess food off of his plate. As he did this he looked out the window and saw a young rabbit hop around his yard stopping every once in awhile to graze on the fresh cut grass.
He put the dish in the dishwasher and headed downstairs to his room to get ready for the day. He got out of his robe and slipped into a set of his faded tan carhartt bibs. He grabbed a faded penguins hockey sweatshirt and a heavier tan carhartt coat. He then made his way to the garage to grab his boots and chainsaw. He then walked back into his house and grabbed three Nature Valley granola bars. As he started to head out he kissed his wife on the cheek and said love you. He then went outside to find a raccoon rummaging in his trash can. He went over to his trashcan and kicked the raccoon as hard as he could. When he did he heard the raccoon give out an oomph. As the raccoon ran away he said, “Get out of here you bastard.” He then got into his kubota and as he started it he could smell the exhaust. He then went into the woods by his cabin to find some fallen trees for firewood. As he was going down the path he found a fallen tree. He got off and went up to it. He got his chainsaw and started it. It started with a roar on the first pull. As he started cutting the tree he saw a swarm of fire ants come out and attack him. He dropped his chain saw and smacked his legs, cursing at the little devils. He stood their shaking his leg, punching his leg, and smacking it against a tree trying to kill the mother f***ers. Finally, he got them to leave his pants, but now his pants were ripped to shreds and he had bumps and bruises from wear his leg smacked the tree.
He grabbed the chainsaw and put it in the back of the kubota and headed back to the cabin. When he got back, he dropped off the chainsaw and grabbed a gallon of gas and a match. He then headed back to the tree. When he got there he poured the gas on the tree and when he struck the match he said,” This is payback mother f***er.” He then threw the match and the log went up in flames. He sat there and watched as the ants fell out of the tree burning and could smell the smoke as it went up into the air. He let out a little chuckle because he knew he had won this round. When the log was done burning he hopped back in the kubota and headed home. When he got home he hopped in the warm steam shower. As he stepped in the shower the hotness of the water felt like little needles on his leg. He gripped the shower curtain and clenched his teeth until the the pain went away. When he was done cleaning up, he stepped out of the shower and walked up to the mirror. He took his hand and wiped the window making streaks where his hand went. He looked at himself in the mirror and watched as the steam filled up the holes left by his hand.  
He got dressed and stepped outside. When he stepped outside the rush of the cold air swarmed him and for a split second he lost his breath in all the awe. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a thick cigar. As he lit the cigar and took his first puff he felt the fresh smoke ooze down into his lungs. It was cool and comfortable almost like it wasn't there. As he was leaning against the cabin his wife walked out and he stood there just looking at her in awe. As he looked at her, she had a certain glow to her. He didn't know if it was the way the the sun shone off of her brown hair as it blew effortlessly in the wind, or if it was the breathtaking blue eyes that almost took you into a trance, but all he knew is that she looked breathtaking. She looked over at him and smiled her beautiful smile. All he could do was just look at her, he couldn't speak all he could do was look. His wife looked at him and said with a soft tone, “Babe you can't get a better view than this I mean the sun is high and bright, not a cloud in view, and the sky just so blue.”
Dave  looked at his beautiful wife and said, “Babe this day can't begin to compare to your beauty.” They looked into each other's eyes lost in a trance of each other's beauty. All of a sudden Dave heard a noise inside the house. Dave walked inside and to his surprise it was his mom.
“ Oh hello Dave  thought I would stop by and give you guys some rhubarb pie.” Said Casey.
“ Oh thanks mom, but you didn't need to do that.” Said Dave 
“ Well I figured you guys would like some pie because you said you were thinking about making some soon and I had an extra one, so I thought I would save you some baking.” Said Casey.
“ Oh well thanks a lot mom.” Said Dave.
“ Ok well I guess I will be on my way then..” Said Casey.
“Alrighty see you later and thank again.” Said Dave  feeling sorry.
“ Yup no problem see ya¨ Said Casey. As Casey slowly walked out the door and got in her car . He walked back outside with Rose.
Rose  looked curious and said, “What did your mom want.”
Dave  said a, “She wanted to stop to give us some pie.”
“ Oh ok that is nice.” Said Rose  puzzled
“ Ya it was.” Said Dave.
Dave and Rose then went inside to there bedroom and layed down on their bed. As Rose slowly fell asleep Dave  got up and went back outside on the porch to look up at the stars. As he was looking up at the sky he saw a shooting star fly across the sky like a bullet and just as fast as it came it was gone. He stared into the blackness of the night he heard the slight bellow of a bull elk making a call to one of his mates. He then eased himself into the rocking chair. As he sat down the chair let out with a little crackle. Every time he rocked it made a slight little shriek just enough to hear it in the dead of the night. Dave  looked up at the sky and for a moment he thought the stars made out his dad's face. As he continued to rock he started to have a conversation with his dad. Praying that his wife would get pregnant soon. As the night trailed on he just stared out into the darkness until sleep overtook him. When he awoke the moon was at its highest point dominating the dark with its luminous glow. Dave  then got up and walked back inside to his bed. When he laid in bed he curled up to his wife and with her warmth made him sleep soundly and comfortably. He dreamt of his wife and a family together on this land, and having his kids playing in the mud puddles and making so much ruckus.

  When he awoke he looked over at his beautiful wife and just smiled, even though she was still asleep and he knew she would not smile back he still felt the urge to smile. He then rolled out of bed and got into his robe and slid into his slippers. He made his way into the kitchen where the coffee maker lay there waiting for him. He poured himself some coffee and stepped outside to sit on the porch. When he was in his rocker he began to feel a sense of danger. He didn't know what but he knew something wasn't right. Since he had this feeling he went inside to grab his 44 just to be safe. When he came back out there was a momma grizzly with her two cubs walking across the lawn 50 yards away. Dave  stood there in shock not knowing what to do. The momma bear heard his commotion on the porch and looked his way.
When the bear did so Dave  did something he should not of done. He looked at the bear and yelled. The bear then began slowly turning his way. He started to panic and he grabbed the 44 out of his pocket. As the bear drew closer slowly picking up speed Dave  grew more and more fearful. He looked down the sights and squeezed the trigger. The gun let off with a mighty bang. He looked up and their laid the 800 pound female motionless on the ground. The cubs walked up to their mom and licked and nudged her with their snouts trying to get her to get up. When the cubs knew their momma was dead they looked over at Dave  with their big sad brown eyes looking at him in sorrow. Then they made their way back into the woods. Just then his wife walked out of the cabin looking scared half to death. Rose  looked at him and said shocked,” What the hell happened.”
Dave  looked at her and said,” That momma bear started to come at me so I shot her.”
“ Well don't waste the meat. What are you Stupid?” Said Rose  a little demanding.
“ I was just gonna field dress her” Said Dave  with a little chuckle
“ Good because otherwise that would be good wasted meat.” Said Rose. Dave  and Rose  then made their way to the freshly killed grizzly. When Dave  cut open the belly a burst of steam exploded. The guts were warm and the blood oozed between Dave 's fingers as he pulled the guts out of the bear. After he got the guts out he hung the bear up on a tree to skin. As he was skinning the bear he noticed that the bullet had gone through the right front shoulder and came out the left back leg. Since the bullet did this it ruined some of the meat. Dave  took the meat that was ruined and put it in a box. After he was done with the rest of the meat he stuck it into the freezer so it would not get ruined. He then put the ruined meat that was in the box in his truck. He then hopped in his truck and headed on down to his brothers farm. On the way there the meat started to get an odor that was unbearable. It smelled like rotten eggs. Dave  pulled over and grabbed the meat out of the vehicle.
Dave  put the meat in the bed of the truck and said, “It's going to damn hogs they don't give a damn if it's rotten or not.” He started to drive again and on his way there a deer ran right in front of him. He slammed on the brakes and the deer just stared at him in the middle of the road. He rolled down his window and laid on the horn. While his horn was blowing he yelled at the deer and said,” Move out of the way you son of a b****.” The deer ran away like a bat out of hell.
Finally he made it to his brother’s farm. When he pulled up, his brother came out to greet him. Dave  got out of his truck and said,” Hey Grant how you doing?”
Grant said, “ Great what brings you here?”
Dave  responds,” Oh I shot a grizzly and some of the meat was ruined by the shot and I thought I would give it to one of your hogs.”
Grant says, “Ah’ got ya’. Yeah go ahead those dang hogs will eat anything.”
Dave  responds,” Hey after I give the hogs the meat can you show me some of your dairy cattle.”
Grant says with a little excitement,” Sure I would love to, you know I got this new heifer and boy is she a beaut.”
Dave  says with a little chuckle, “I bet so, you know sometimes I think you are a little too attached to your cattle.”
Grant laid out a bellow laugh and said,” I think you are right. How did I know you were gonna say that?”
Dave  laughed and said, “Because you are my brother.”
Grant laughed and said,” That is true.”
Dave  said,” Alright I better get going the wife is waiting for me at home.”
Grant said hitting the truck,” Alright see ya later.”
Dave  said hitting the truck,” See ya.” Dave  hopped in his truck and backed out of his driveway and headed back down the road. It was a peaceful drive back, he was jamming to his favorite music and their was nothing running out in front of him. When he got back home Rose  was sitting out back on the porch looking out into the yard. Dave  walked outside to the back yard and could tell something was wrong but he didn't know what. Dave  looked at Rose  and said concerned,” Are you okay?”
Rose  replied,” I don't feel to well I think I am sick.”
Dave  replied concerned,  “Okay, I will make you some tea to help soothe your stomach.”
Rose  replies, “Thanks, I would really appreciate it.” Dave  went in the cabin and made Rose  some mint tea. As he was making it, the aroma was so good he decided to make some for himself. Once it was done he grabbed the two warm mugs and headed back outside.
Dave  said with a soothing voice, “Here you go dear.”
Rose  replied,” Thanks.” Dave  then sat down on the rocking chair next to Rose  and began to rock. As he was sitting there, the moon was just over the tree horizon. He sat there and took a swig of his tea. A soothing sensation went through his body as the warm tea slid down his throat. Dave  looked over at his wife and smiled. Just as he had done earlier in the morning, except for this time she looked back and smiled. As usual she looked as beautiful as ever as the light made her eyes sparkle. She opened her mouth and said, “Can you believe tomorrow is our two year anniversary? I mean, think about it, those two years just flew by.”
Dave  looked back at his wife and said nervously, “Yeah I know, I almost forgot.”  They went back to looking out into the yard as the sun left a pinkish red outline over the trees. Not many words were spoken. They just sat there rocking looking out into the distance. The sunset was magnificent. Once the sun set was over and the moon started to peek out so cautiously like a bear coming out of its den for the first time, Dave  looked over at Rose  and found her sound asleep. He got up and picked her up and carried her into the cabin. Once he laid her down in the bed he just looked at her. She looked so peaceful and calm. Dave  walked back outside and sat down on the rocking chair. He sat there for a little bit then he got up and walked inside to get a radio. When he came back out he turned the radio on and plugged his phone in to listen to pandora. As he was sitting there he grabbed himself a cold brew and leaned back.
As he was sitting there the song Power of Love by Celine Dion came on. As the song played he could feel the warmness of the tears go down his cheek. He just sat there and cried as memories of his dad strolled through his mind. He sat there and remembered his dad helping him ride a bike and helping him get up every time he fell. Also playing cards with his dad and friends where he heard his dad cuss for the first time. Him and his dad would always stay up till two in the morning during the summer to play cards and talk even though he had to get up bright and early the next day. He remembered how you never saw his face without a smile.
Then what really killed him was the remembrance of his dad getting diagnosed with alzheimer's. No matter how hard they tried or how bad they wanted him to go back to his old self they couldn't. Memories of him and his dad going to the festivals and taking them fishing and just having fun. Once it hit the final days of his life, the worst thing was when he was in the nursing home. It wasn't a pretty sight. We were just all happy that he was finally getting better help once my mom decided to put him there.
Once the funeral was held sitting their in the pew in church he could not handle himself he just cried and cried. Just then Dave  snapped out of the memory and the next thing he realized that it was already midnight. He got up and walked inside and layed down next to his wife. He curled up to her and the next thing he knew he was asleep.

 When he awoke he looked over at his wife thankful she was still there and he just smiled. He then got up and headed into the kitchen and started to make breakfast for Rose. He made bacon, pancakes, and eggs. When he was done he poured Rose  a fresh cup of orange juice and put all the food on a platter. Then when he walked into the bedroom she was awake and he set the platter down and together they ate breakfast in bed.
After they got done eating Dave  got up and took the platter and did the dishes. After he did the dishes Rose  suggested to take a walk. Since it was their anniversary, he agreed. As they set off on a path through the woods in their backyard he kicked up a rabbit. As it sprinted across the path it nearly ran right into Rose. Rose  let out a little squeal and all Dave  could do was laugh. Rose  looked over at Dave  smiling and hit him.
Dave  hit her real lightly. She ran over to him and they fell over on the ground. They are laying on the ground laughing without a care in the world. As they stopped laughing they just looked up into the trees. They saw a squirrel hop from limb to limb above them.  As the squirrel was hopping, Dave  grabbed a rock and through it at the squirrel. Dave  missed and said, “Damn it, I thought I had it.”
Rose  laughed and said,” What did you think would happen?”
“ To be honest I have no clue” Dave  said laughing. They just laid there and laughed and laughed. They then got up and headed to a secret spot just beyond the treeline. Once they reached it there was a pond. Dave  looked at Rose  and said,” Want to go swimming?”
Rose  looked at Dave  confused and said, “Dave , we don't have any swimming gear and I don't want to get my clothes wet.”
Dave  looked at Rose  and smiled and said,” I know a way we can swim without your clothes getting wet.”
Rose  looked at Dave  and said,” Dave  I ain't heading back to…………. Oh, I know what you mean. Yeah, I want to do that.” So Dave  and Rose stripped and got ready to go swimming. Dave  and Rose  jumped in together and when they did Rose  shrieked a little. Once they got used to the water they started swimming and just floating. They were sitting there in the water close to the beach just watching the sun glisten off the stagnant pond. Once it got close to high noon they got out of the pond and put their clothes on and headed back for the cabin. When they got back Rose  showered while Dave  was outside in his rocker.
When Rose  got done she walked out back and sat on the rocker next to Dave . 
She looked over at Dave  and said,  “You know this day is really an amazing day.” Dave  looked at Rose  and said, “I am going to take you out to dinner tonight. I am going to bring you into town and take you out.”
Rose  looked at Dave  and smiled and said,” Really! Where are we going?”
Dave  smiled and said,” That is a surprise.” Dave  and Rose  then got up and got in Dave's truck and headed into town. Once they finally made it into town, Dave  pulled up at John's Smokehouse. Rose  stepped out, looked over at Dave  and said, “Sweetie, I am in the mood for a good slab of ribs.”
Dave  looked over at Rose  smiled  and said, “Good, I am in the mood for ribs too.” So Dave  and Rose  went into the bar and sat down. Dave  ordered him and Rose  a couple of beers. When the beers got there, they ordered the king baby back ribs. Once the ribs got there, Dave  and Rose  devoured them like hogs in a trough.
When they were done they had BBQ sauce all around their mouth and on their fingers everywhere. Rose  looked up at Dave  and started to burst out laughing.
Dave  looked at Rose  laughing and said, “What?”
Rose  looked at Dave  and said,” You have BBQ sauce in your hair.”
Dave  laughed and said, “I figured I did.” Rose  just laughed and shook her head.  Dave  went up to the front desk and asked for the bill. When the bill got there, Dave  nearly s*** his pants. The bill was $140 for two slabs of ribs. Dave  walked back up to the counter and said, “What the hell is this? Did we eat Gods ribs or something?”
The cashier looked at the bill and said, “Let me check.” When the cashier got back she looked at Dave  and said, “We got the wrong bill, we are terribly sorry.”
Dave  said, “Thank you, and sorry I snapped. My family has a history of not being happy when our bills are outrageous.”
The cashier looked at Dave  and said, “It is okay I would've done the same thing.”
Dave  then headed back to his seat. On his way he noticed a man in a booth with a marines hat on. Dave  looked at him and asked,” Is this seat open.”
The man looked up at him and said, “Sure, I would like that.” So Dave  sat down.
When Dave  sat down he looked at the man and said,” Hi my name is Dave .”
The man looked at him and said, “My name is Morty.” As Morty reached for his beer he noticed that his arm wasn't working quite right. He also noticed that his face had a slight burn on the one side. 
Dave  said, “Nice to meet you Morty. Say, did you finish your meal?”
Morty looked up at Dave  and said, “Yes I was just wanting to finish this beer then I was going to head.”
Dave  said, “Okay, well I have to get going, nice talking to you.”
Morty looked at him and said, “Nice to meet you too.”
Dave  walked back up to the cashier and said, “There is a man sitting in a booth over there you see him,” the cashier shook her head, “I would like to pay for that man's meal.”
The cashier looked at Dave  and said, “Alright.”
Dave  took the bill paid for it and then headed back to his booth. When he got their Rose  was sitting on the high table and said,” About time you got back. What took you so long?”
Dave  looked at Rose  and said,” Well I went back up to discuss the bill and on my way back I ran into a war veteran and I paid for his meal.
Rose  looked at Dave  and said, “Aww, that is the man I love.” Dave  looked at Rose  and just smiled. They got up out of the chairs and headed back home. By the time they got home it was dark. Dave  and Rose  sat at the table and decided they would play cards. Since Rose  didn't know many card games they decided to play the game Garbage. Dave  just looked over at Rose  and saw her deciding where to put the king. She looked focused with one hand on her cheek and the other on the card tapping it on the table.
As Dave  was looking at her she looked up and Rose  laughed and said, “What?”
Dave  laughed and said, “Nothing just looking at how beautiful you are.”
Rose  looked at Dave  and smiled a teasing grin. Dave  just smiled back. Finally the game ended with Rose  winning even though secretly Dave  let her win to make her happy. They went outside and sat on their rockers. Dave  looked at Rose  and said, “What do you say tomorrow I take you out elk hunting in the morning.”
Rose  smiled leaned over and kissed Dave  and then said, “I would love that.”
Dave  said smiling, “Then it is settled we will go tomorrow.”
Rose  said, “What will I all need.”
Dave  faced Rose  and said, “Well it isn't supposed to be cold so just your cameo under armour and jeans and boots.”
Rose  looked back at him and replied, “Ok, and am I carrying a gun or just you?”
Dave  chuckled and said, “You will be the one carrying the gun, I am just going to help and to be with you.”
Rose  said with a little chuckle, “Oh so the pressure is on me to feed the family, I see how it is.”
Dave  laughed then replied, “Well of course somebody has to. I'm kidding, I am still gonna go out just not tomorrow I want you to get an elk.”
Rose  laughed and said, “Oh ok if you say so.” Dave  just laughed and shook his head. Rose  then stood up and said, “Well since we are elk hunting, I am going to head to bed.”
Dave  replied, “That sounds like a good idea. I think I will go to bed too.” So Dave  and Rose  went to bed. When Dave  was in bed he felt Rose  curl up to him and as Rose  put her arm around Dave , he grabbed her hand in his and held it. When they fell asleep together it felt like only minutes, even though it was hours, when Dave's alarm went off.

 Dave  leaned up, sat at the edge of his bed, wiped his eyes, and looked over at Rose. She was still asleep. Dave  then slowly shook Rose  to wake her up. She woke up and smiled at him. They both got up and got dressed. Dave  grabbed the rifle, handed it to Rose  and whispered, “Are you ready?”
Rose  looked back at Dave  and replied, “Yup.” So Dave  and Rose  headed out the door and to the woods behind their cabin. They got in the blind above a field and sat and waited for sunrise. Dave  was looking out into the field in front and saw a cow run into the field. Just then Dave  saw a big bull elk trot in.
Dave  tapped Roses leg and pointed out in front of him. The elk were about 300 yards away. Dave  looked at Rose  and whispered, “Now Rose, relax okay. Get the crosshairs of the scope right behind the bull's shoulders and squeeze the trigger very slowly.” 
Rose  replied, “Okay, got it.” Rose  pulled up and put the crosshairs right behind the shoulder. Dave  was looking through the spotting scope. He was watching it and then bang the gun went off and the bull dropped dead in its tracks. Dave  put the spotting scope down, grabbed Rose, and gave her a big hug. Dave  looked at her and said with excitement, “Great shot.” Rose  was sitting there shaking in excitement. They grabbed their equipment and headed down to the fresh kill. As they were walking down Dave  had his arm around Rose  because she was shaking. Once they made it to the kill, the realized the bull elk was bigger than they thought.
Dave  looked at Rose  and said, “Today you are going to learn how to field dress an elk.”
Rose  looked at Dave  surprised and said, “I don't think so.”
Dave  replied laughing, “Why not you need to learn sometime.”
Rose  replied, “Ya sometime just not today.”
Dave  laughed and said, “Fine I will do it for you this time.”
Rose  smiled and said, “Thank you.” So Dave  grabbed his knife and got started. He pulled the guts out and he got up and wiped the blood off his hands in the grass.
Dave  looked at Rose  and said, “Alright I am gonna head back and grab the quad with the trailer. If a bear comes out don't be afraid to shoot it okay dear.”
Rose  looked up at Dave  concerned and said, “Are you serious?”
Dave  replied, “Yup. I mean there is a good chance it won't happen, but there's a chance it will happen.”
Rose  replied, “Well what about you? What if something comes at you when you are getting the quad?”
Dave  replied, “I have a 50-revolver if something comes at me.”
Rose  replies sceptical, “Okay just hurry up.”
Dave  replies, “Sure thing.” As Dave  leaves to head to get the quad he heard Rose yell love you. Dave  replied the same and got back on the way back. Once he got to the quad he got back as soon as possible. Dave  got back to see Rose  sitting on the elk waiting.
When Dave  got off Rose  said, “How are we gonna get the elk on that thing?”
Dave  looked at Rose, laughed and said, “We are gonna drag it on there.”
Rose  looked at Dave  puzzled and said, “I doubt we can do that.”
Dave  replied, “Yes, we can just watch.”
Rose  looked at Dave  and said hesitantly, “If you say so.” Dave  dropped the trailer so that the end was on the ground.
Dave  went over and grabbed the horns and said, “Alright grab the other side and on three we will pull the elk on the trailer.”
Rose  replied, “Ok.”
Dave  said, “One…...Two…Three.” They both let out a grunt and the elk slid onto the trailer. Once they got the elk on the trailer Rose  stepped back panting a little. Dave  looked over at her to see her smiling and started to laugh. Rose  then began to laugh with him. Dave  and Rose  hopped on the quad and headed back home. Once they got home, they went and grabbed a rope to tie onto a tree.
They then put the rope on the elks legs and hung the elk in the tree. Dave  then began to skin the deer. As Dave  was skinning the elk he looked over at Rose  and said, “Are you gonna help or what.”
Rose  looked at Dave  and said, “What do I have to do then?”
Dave  replied, “Just grab the hide and pull so I can skin it.”
Rose  replied, “Ok got it.”
Dave  said, “Start pulling.”
Rose  began to pull and she got the fat stuck to her fingers and she was a little skeptical. Rose  said to Dave , “Why is it so bubbly and so hard to pull?”
Dave  laughed and said, “It is bubbly because that is the fat and it is hard to pull because it is its fur and it is still attached to the animal.” Once they got done Dave  went inside and grabbed them both a cold brew. As they were drinking it Dave  looked at Rose  and said, “I will bring the fur and head tomorrow and drop it off.”
Rose  replied, “Okay, that sounds good. I’m gonna go inside to wash the sticky fat off my hands.”
Dave  replied, “Sounds good.” So Rose   went and headed inside. Dave  sat on the quad and drank his brew. He looked +at the deer and thought I think I will get it mounted for Rose  for christmas. Dave  grabbed the carcass and brought it to his truck and carefully put the antlers and fur in the bed of the truck.
Just then Rose  walked out with a paper towel drying her hands. She walked out and said, “It is a really beautiful day. What do you say we have a fire tonight with my sisters and brother-in-law?”
Dave  replied, “That sounds like a good idea, I will call them up. We are running low on beer so we might have to make a beer run into town.”
Rose  replied, “Okay sounds good how about you run into town, and I will call them?”
Dave  responded, “Sounds like a good idea.” So Dave  went inside, changed, and headed out to his truck. He grabbed his wallet on the way out and got in his truck. So Dave  headed into town with a 30 minute drive. Finally Dave  made it into town and headed to the nearest carryout. Dave  ordered three 24 packs of beer. Dave  also got a pack of gummy worms.
As Dave  was on his way back he started eating his gummy worms. He then started to rummage through his truck looking for the empty gatorade bottle that he uses for a garbage can. As he was looking down at the ground, a car behind him honked. He looked up and saw that he was driving in the middle of the road.
He got back on his side and waved to say he was sorry. It just so happened that the guy behind him thought he gave him the birdy. The man pulled up sideways to Dave  and rolled down his window and pointed to Dave  to pull over. Once Dave  pulled over the man got out and was full of rage. Luckily for Dave  Dave  was a bigger guy.
The man walked up to Dave's truck and told him to get out. Once Dave  got out the other guy realized that Dave  was twice his side. Then suddenly the guy wasn't so angry anymore. So Dave  got back into his truck and headed back home.
Once Dave  got back, to his surprise Krista Dickerson was there (Rose 's sister). Dave  walked in with the cases of beer and said hi to Krista. He put the beers in the cooler. Once he put the cooler on the back deck and headed inside, Rose's other sister and her husband came in. Dave  walked up and said hi to Gloria and Kyle Cheesman. Kyle and Dave  walked outside to get the fire going while the girls stayed inside and talked. Dave  and Kyle opened a beer and got the fire going. Once the fire got going the girls came outside.
Krista walked out and said, “So, Rose  beat you so far in hunting.”
Dave  laughed and said, “How did I know you were gonna say that?”
Krista laughed and said, “I don't know, how did you know?”
“I know because you are somewhat like your sister, and I married your sister. So you are pretty predictable,” said Dave . Kyle started to laugh and so did the others. Everybody started laughing so hard that Dave  and Kyle started to spit up their beer and were crying.
Once they got done laughing everybody's abs hurt so they all had a swig of their beer to try and sooth the pain with a little bit of the pain reliever. So everybody sat down and before anybody knew it they were all drunk. Rose  stood up to get another beer and she fell right back into her chair and everybody started laughing.  Although she was the first one to fall, she surely wasn't the last. Everybody was laughing so hard that nobody could talk.
Just then Dave  stood up and stumbled his way over to the cooler. Once Dave  made it to the cooler he grabbed a beer and went to head back to his chair. He started to walk the opposite direction when Rose  asked Dave  where he was going. Dave  had replied with slurred words that he was heading to his chair. Then everything went black.

 Dave  woke up sitting in a tree with half a beer left in his hand. He had a massive headache, so to help with the headache he finished his beer. He dropped out of the tree and then when he stood up he stumbled a bit. Once he got his balance he slowly walked out of the woods towards the cabin. Once he got out of the woods he saw tons of beer cans lying on the ground. Also he noticed everybody passed out in their chairs.
Dave  walked over to the smoldering fire and sat down in his chair. Next to him Rose  woke up and looked around and grasped her head as it hurt. Dave  looked over at Rose  and then just looked back over at the fire. He sat there for about thirty minutes not saying anything just sitting their with a throbbing headache.
Finally everybody woke up and they all were holding their heads. Kyle looked up and covered his eyes from the bright sun as he asked if anybody remember what happened last night. Everybody shook their heads. Then Krista bent over her chair and vomited. That one vomit caused everybody else to puke. Dave  could feel the burning in his throat once it was done.
Dave  walked in the cabin and took three tablets of Aleve. He then looked up at the clock and saw that it was already 12 o’clock. Dave  then picked up the phone and ordered pizza to be delivered. Dave  walked back outside feeling better and brought out everybody else an Aleve and a glass of water. Once everybody was feeling better they ate the pizza and they all felt a lot better.
At around 2 o’clock everybody headed home. Dave  and Rose  then walked inside and just laid in bed watching tv. They got up and ate the leftover pizza for supper then headed back inside and laid in bed until they fell asleep.

 Dave  woke up at 5:30. He rolled out of bed and made himself a nice big mug of coffee. Dave  walked outside with his coffee and sat on his rocking chair. Dave  then lit his cigar and took a big puff. He felt the cooling sensation as the drag of smoke filled his lungs. He just sat there and watched the sunrise.
Just then Rose  walked out with a cup of coffee and sat next to Dave . Dave  pulled out his cigar and set it on the ashtray. Dave  then reached into his pocket and grabbed out tic tacs and popped two in his mouth. Rose  looked over at Dave  and said, “Thank you.”
Dave  replied, “Yup. So what should we do today?”
Rose  replied, “Well I was thinking of heading into town and getting groceries.”
Dave  replied, “Sounds good. Care if I join ya?”
Rose  replied, “No not at all.
Dave  replied, “Okay then let me get dressed and shower and then I would be ready whenever.” Dave  stood up and walked inside the cabin and headed to shower. The shower felt nice as the warm water trickled down his body. Dave  got out got dressed in his flannel shirt, jeans, and boots.
Dave  walked outside and looked at Rose  and said, “Alright I am ready.”
Rose  then got up from the rocking chair and said, “Alrighty then. Let's get going.” So they headed into Dave's truck and drove into town. It was a warm day so Dave  had his windows down and had his music playing maybe a little too loud but he sure was singing. Rose  just looked over at Dave , smiled, laughed, and shook her head.
Dave  saw her doing this and turned down his music and said laughing, “What?”
Rose  laughed and said, “Nothing.”
Dave  then turned the music back up and began singing again. Rose  just kept laughing but decided to join Dave  in singing. Dave  and Rose  finally made it into town and headed to the general store. Dave  was good friends with the owner of the general store. When Dave  and Rose  walked in they saw Liam sitting at the counter.
Dave  walked over and as he raised his hand to shake he said, “Hey Liam, long time no see.”
Liam Replied shaking Dave ’s hand and said, “Ya long time, say I heard Rose  got a nice elk a couple of days ago.”
Dave  replied. “Ya she did, how did you find out?”
Liam replied, “Oh Mrs. dickerson came to the store oh what was it. I think it was yesterday. Ya yesterday.”
Dave  replied, “Ya that makes sense.”
Just then Rose  came up with the groceries and barely hit Dave  as she said, “Thanks for helping.”
Dave  replied, “Oh yeah, sorry.” Liam laughed as he rang them up.
Once they got done Liam said, “Hey Dave , what do you say me and you go elk hunting sometime.”
Dave  replied, “Say, that is a good idea. We can figure out the details later and plus I got a great spot on my property.”
Liam replied, “Sounds good. See ya guys later.”
Dave  and Rose  replied, “See ya.” Dave  and Rose  then got into the truck and headed back to their cabin. Once again, Dave  had the music loud and was singing and moving his left hand in the wind like it was surfing. Once they got back Dave  helped Rose  put the groceries away. Dave  grabbed milk and when he opened the fridge he laughed.
Rose  looked at Dave  and asked, “What are you laughing about?”
Dave  replied chuckling and said, “I forgot my mom brought us milk a couple of Days ago.” Rose  began to laugh and shake her head. Dave  shrugged and put the milk next to the other one. Dave  then walked outside after they were done and looked up at the sky. Dave  took a deep breath in and just looked at the beautiful blue sky.
Then Rose  walked out and Dave  looked at Rose  and said, “I think I am gonna go fishing.”
Rose  replied, “Sounds like a good idea.” Dave  walked inside the cabin and went to grab his fishing gear. Once Dave  grabbed it, he headed out the door and got on his quad. He then headed to the pond to fish for trout. When Dave  got to the pond he unloaded his fishing gear, chair, and radio. He turned the radio on, threw his line out in the water, and sat down.
He then grabbed his cooler and cracked open a nice cold beer. As he was mid sip he got a bite. Like always he threw anything that he had in his hand on the ground. He set the hook, and to his surprise it felt really big. He reeled the big sucker in, and when he put it in the bucket he found his beer laying on the ground pouring out.
Dave  picked it up and said, “Aw damn.” He looked at the beer can, shrugged, and finished the little bit that was left. He then threw his line back out in hope of another fish to make a meal. Just then, bam he got a bite. He flew out of the chair and yanked the pole back as hard as he could. He wasn't surprised that he had the fish on.
He started reeling like a crazy man and finally got the fish in. He put the fish in the bucket next to the other one and then headed for home. When he got home, he went into the kitchen to filet the fish.
Just then Rose  walked in and said, “Eh! Eh! You are not cleaning those fish in my kitchen.”
Dave  laughed and said, “I thought I would try and sneak it by ya.” So Dave  grabbed a cutting board and headed outside. He got his music playing again and was dancing a little as he was filleting the fish. By the time he was done cooking the fish, it was already almost dark.
Dave  put the fish on the table with a side of rice and his all so famous rosehip brew. They sat and ate and when they were done eating it was dark so Dave  headed to the living room to watch T.V.. Dave  sat down and flipped through the channels till he saw a documentary about animals in Colorado.
Rose  sat down on the couch next to him. She chuckled and said, “I can’t believe you are going to watch a documentary.”
Dave  chuckled and said, “Yup, they are quite interesting.” So as Dave  and Rose  were watching it, not to Dave 's surprise, Rose  fell asleep. Once the show was over Dave  woke up Rose  and they headed to bed.

 Dave  and Rose  woke up together because they were gonna head to church. Dave  went into the bathroom to shower and get ready. They had decided they were gonna go to 11:30 am mass. After Dave  was done getting ready he went into the living room and turned the T.V. on. Once Rose  was done getting ready she walked into the living room to see Dave  asleep, snoring in his chair. Rose  walked over to him and woke him.
He wiped his eyes and said, “I wasn't sleeping, I was just resting my eyes.”
Rose  gave Dave  a look and said, “You were snoring honey.”
Dave  replied, “Oh, I did not know that.” So Dave  and Rose  got in the truck and headed off to town. Once they got to church they sat in their usual seats and, also as usual, Dave  got a little bored and began messing with the little kid in front of them.
Rose  put an elbow into Dave's side. Dave  leaned back in the pew and paid attention for the rest of the mass. After the mass was over, Dave  and Rose  went out to eat at Peachy Keen for lunch. Dave  got The Hungry Man with a beer and Rose  got a chicken dinner with a pop.
Once they were done, they headed back home. When they got home they decided to watch T.V. When they turned the T.V. on, Dave  saw the movie BraveHeart. It had just started so he decided to watch it. Once the movie was over it was already 5 o'clock. 
Dave  got up and made dinner. It wasn't much; it was sausage, mashed potatoes, and cream corn. Once they were done Dave  didn’t feel like doing anything because he had to go back to work in the morning. So, he decided to go and sit outside with Rose  and have their own little fire.
As Dave  and Rose  were sitting outside, the sunset was stunning. It had light reds with hints of pink in it. What set it all off was that the sunset was over the tree line in their backyard. Rose  leaned over on Dave  and put her head on his shoulder. Dave  put his head on hers and put his arm around her. As the flames made their face glow they just sat there holding each other. Dave  then looked down at his watch and noticed it was already 10:46.
Dave  got up and said, “I got to get to bed. I have to work in the morning.”
Rose  stood up and said, “That is a good idea, so do I”
So Rose  and Dave  got up and headed off to bed.

Dave  woke up to Rose  playing christmas music in the kitchen. Dave  rolled out of bed to see his wife cleaning the kitchen and putting scented candles all over the house. Dave  walked out of the room and said, “Why are you putting candles everywhere?”
  Rose  replied, “Because we are having people over tomorrow and I want the house to smell nice.”
Dave  replied, “Exactly, they are coming tomorrow can't you put the candles up tomorrow?”
Rose  gave Dave  a dirty look and said, “Because they are already up, so now you are gonna have to deal with it.”
Dave  gave a little chuckle and said, “Okay and Rose   you know you look really beautiful when you give me that dirty look.”
Rose  smiled shook her head and said, “You know it is hard to be mad at you when you say stuff like that.”
Dave  replied, “I know, that is why I do it because I don't like the woman carrying my kid to be mad at me.”
Rose  replied, “Well it is working so stop doing it.”
Dave  just stood there and laughed and said, “Alright let me shower and get dressed then I will help you because I have the feeling you want me to help.”
Rose  replied, “You feel right, so hurry up.” Dave  then headed back into the bedroom to get clothes. After Dave  grabbed his clothes he hopped into the shower. The shower felt nice, warm, and soothing.
Since after he got out he would have to help decorate, he decided to take his sweet old time. Once Dave  was in the shower for about 30 minutes he could hear Rose  yelling at him to hurry up. When he heard this, he got out of the shower. He then decided to shave and took his time getting dressed.
Once he got out of the bathroom Rose  looked at him and said, “Bout damn time. Took you long enough.”
Dave  chuckled and said, “Yeah, yeah, I know.”
Rose  replied, “Well since you are out, help me put up the tree.”
Dave  replied with a joking sigh, “Fine, if I have to.”
Rose  just gave him a dirty look and said, “Come on you little jokester.” So Dave  and Rose  went and started working on the tree. Once they got the tree done, Dave  and Rose  sat on the couch right next to each other. Dave  put his arm around Rose  and gave a little tug. Rose  then put her head on Dave ’s shoulder. Dave  looked down at Rose, gave another tug, and then Rose  looked up at Dave .
Dave  then went down and gave Rose  a kiss. After they kissed Rose  smiled at Dave , then put her head back down on his shoulder.
Dave  then said, “You know honey, next christmas we will have two little usses running around.”
Rose then replied, “Yeah, ain't that a scary scene.”
Dave  chuckled and said, “Yeah, that is true.” Rose  and Dave  just laughed and sat there. Dave  then turned on the T.V. and decided he would watch a christmas movie. In just Dave's luck the first christmas movie he saw was The Grinch.
Once Dave  clicked on it to watch it Rose  looked at Dave  and said, “Are we seriously watching this? I mean come on, this is a kids movie.
Dave  replied, “Yes we are because I love this movie and I don't care if it is for kids. I enjoy it.”
Rose  replied chuckling, “Okay, if you say so.”
Dave  replied, “Ok good.” So Dave  and Rose  sat and watched the movie. Dave  would laugh at a scene and Rose  would laugh because Dave  was laughing. After the movie was over, Dave  got up and grabbed his phone. Dave  hooked his phone up to a soundbar and began playing country.
Dave  walked over to Rose  sitting on the couch, stuck out his hand, and asked, “Care to cut a rug?”
Rose  smiled and reached her hand out and said, “I would love to.” Dave  grabbed her hand and twirled her around. Roses hair flipped and flew behind her as Dave  swung her around. Rose  giggled as this happened and so did Dave . Just then Their favorite song “From the Ground Up” came on. Dave  grabbed Rose  by the love handles and began to slow dance with her. He pulled her close and just swayed back and forth. He looked in her beautiful blue eyes and could see the innocents. He just looked down at her as she looked up at him.
It was as if life held still. There was nothing else in the world besides the two of them. Dave just kept swaying with her swaying with him. Finally the song ended and they just stood there looking at each other. Dave took his hand and put the strand of hair that was on Roses face and moved it behind her ear. As he did this he felt like they were in high school except that his wife was pregnant.
He bent down a little and kissed her. Once he did this he felt like little kids. Dave  looked at Rose  again and said, “You look really beautiful today.”
Rose  replied with a smile, “Thanks.”
Dave  then said, “Well it's getting dark and we have your side of the family coming over tomorrow. What do you say we go to bed?”
Rose  replied, “That sounds like a good idea.” So Dave and Rose went to bed. Rose curled up to Dave.
Dave  turned around and said, “Sorry Rose but that isn't comfortable to have the baby right on my back,”
So Rose  turned around and Dave  curled up to Rose. Dave  fell asleep. In the middle of the night he felt something bumping him. He woke up to Rose  standing over him.
Dave  jumped a little and said, “What do you want.”
Rose  replied, “I am hungry.”
Dave  then got up and grabbed a pack of deer dogs to fry up. Once he got them cooked he gave them to Rose  and she devoured them. Dave  then cleaned her dishes and went back to bed.

Dave  woke up and looked over to see Rose  still fast asleep. Dave  rolled out of bed and put on his robe. He then headed into the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee. As the aroma of fresh coffee filled the air Rose  woke up.
She walked out of the room and said, “Can you make me a cup of tea please.”
Dave  replied, “I would love to.” So Dave  made a cup of tea for Rose. Once he gave it to her he walked outside and leaned against the cabin. He stood there and watched as the snow fell so effortlessly. Just then Rose  walked out.
She looked at Dave and said, “Geez it's cold how are you standing out here.”
Dave  laughed and said, “It's not that bad when you are used to it.”
Rose  laughed and said, “Whatever, you just aren't human.”
Dave  laughed and said, “No I am just different. I am still human. Unless those babies come out something freaky, then I will get checked.”
Rose  laughed and said, “Deal. Well I am going back inside, I am freezing my butt off.”
Dave  replied, “I will be in when I am done with my coffee.”
Rose  replied, “Okay, but you are crazy.” Dave  just laughed as the door closed behind him. Dave  stood there and looked out in his yard with his coffee. As he was drinking he thought he saw something moving by the tree line. He strained his eyes to try and make it out.
Finally he realized what it was. It was a moose; a cow moose to be exact. He ran inside and said, “Babe, you aren't gonna believe this but there's a moose in our yard. Grab the camera.”
Rose  grabbed the camera and said, “What's the big deal? It is a moose.”
Dave  replied, “The deal is there isn't a lot around here so this is rare.”
Rose  replied, “Okay, okay, here just take the camera. I am not going back out there.”
Dave  said, “Fine, just give me the camera.” Rose  handed him the camera and he ran back outside. He ran into the yard to try and get a better pic. He got within 150 yards and that is when he took the pic. After he took some he ran back inside because the snow got on him and made him cold. He then put the chip from the camera into the computer to see the pictures. The picture came out better than he thought.
Dave  looked at the picture and just smiled at what he took. Rose  just shook her head. Dave  looked over at her and said, “What?”
Rose  replied, “So you hate shopping with me but you are practically drooling over that picture.”
Dave  replied, “Well there is difference.”
Rose  replied, “How?”
Dave  replied, “Because this is rare and you can find clothes anywhere so it isn't to interesting.”
Rose  shook her head and said, “Whatever.”
Dave  looked at her and said, “Don't get mad okay, your family is gonna be here later and we have to get stuff done first.”
Rose  replied, “You are right. Let's get working, come on we have a lot of cleaning and cooking to do.”
Dave  sighed and asked, “Alright how about I cook and you clean?”
Rose  replied, “Fine as long as it gets done.” Dave  then went to the deep freeze to grab a turkey. He grabbed the turkey and started to baste it. As he was doing this, the turkey looked and smelled so good that his mouth started to water.
He started licking his lips at the thought of eating the turkey. He put the turkey in the oven and set the timer to be done in time for supper. He then started to work on making a batch of mashed taters. He had music playing, the oven on, and was singing. As he was cooking he remembered that he had to make burgers too. He grabbed the burgers and headed into the garage to cook them on the grill.
He turned the grill on and put the burgers on. As he walked inside some of the smoke got in and set off the smoke alarm. Dave  said, “Gosh darn it.” Then he grabbed a notebook and started fanning it to get it shut off. He then went back to cooking. Just then Krista came.
Dave  went over and opened the door and said, “Well hello Mrs. Dickerson, come in.”
Just then Dave  heard Rose  yell from the bedroom, “Who is it?”
Dave  replied, “It's your sister Krista.”
Rose  yelled back, “Okay I will be out in a minute just hold on.”
Dave  looked at krista and said as she was sitting down, “Would you like something to drink, like a beer or something.”
Krista replied, “Ya I will take a beer.”
Dave  replied, “Coming right up.”  Dave  grabbed a Busch Light for him and krista. He slid the beer across the table to her. He cracked open his beer and took a swig. The drink tasted swell as it went down his throat.
Just then Rose  came out and said, “Hi krista how are you?”
Krista replied, “Very good thanks and yourself?”
Rose  replied, “Good.” Just then the doorbell rang. Rose  walked over to the door and answered it. It was her sister Gloria and her husband Kyle with their kids.
Rose  said, “Hi welcome, come on in. Do you need help with anything.”
Gloria replied, “Yes please.”
Rose  then said,” Dave  could you come out and help Gloria?”
Dave  took a swig of his beer and replied, “Ya hold on.” Dave  set his beer down and headed outside to their vehicle. Dave  came walking in with bags and boxes stacked in his arms. Dave  set them down and slapped Kyle and said, “You got enough stuff?”
Kyle replied, “Ya I know tell me about it.”
Dave  laughed and replied, “Ya, oh well.” Dave  then sat down and Rose's godson Craig came running in and jumped on Dave . Dave  gave out a little umph and said, “What do you want?”
Craig replied, “What did you get me uncle Dave ?”
Dave  replied, “Well if I told you it wouldn't be much of a surprise now would it?”
Craig replied, “That can be our little secret nobody has to know.”
Dave  chuckled and said, “I ain't gonna tell ya.”
Craig then said, “Okay fine.”
Dave  then said, “I think the turkey is about done and same with the hamburgers.” Dave  then got up and sure enough the turkey and burgers were done. Dave  pulled the turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and the hamburgers out and set them on the table. Dave  said, “Food is ready!”
Everybody came around and Rose  said, “Alright everybody let's pray. Everybody hold hands.”
Dave  then said, “Please bow your heads. Lord heavenly father I thank you for this wonderful food and I want to thank you for letting this family be together on your sons birthday and I pray for everybody's health and well being in God's name Amen. Alright let's eat.”
Craig said, “Can it go from youngest to oldest in the eating order?”
Rose  replied smiling, “Sure.” So Craig and his sister Genoa headed to the line first.
Just then Krista said, “Wait where's mom at.” Everybody looked around. Then the doorbell rang. Dave  walked to the door and said, “Oh hi Liv there you are.”
Liv replied, “Ya, hi.”
Dave  then said, “It is time to eat come on in.” She said thanks and headed into the kitchen. After Craig and Genoa went through the line it was Dave  and Rose's turn because they were the next youngest. After Dave  and Rose  it was Krista, then it was Kyle and Gloria then Liv at the end.
After everybody got their plate and sat down at the table Gloria said, “Now since when did you get pregnant.” Rose  replied, “Oh it was a while ago. I am about 4 1/2 months.”
Gloria said, “You look really big for 4 1/2 months.”
Rose  replied, “Well that is because we are having twins so.”
Gloria said, “Oh really? Looks like you are taking after me. What are they, do you know what the sexes are yet?”
Rose  replied, “Yes we do they are twin boys.”
Gloria said, “Really are they identical or fraternal or don't know.”
Rose  said, “They are fraternal.”
Gloria replied, “Thats nice.”
Rose  responded, “Ya I know.” After everybody was done eating Dave  got up and took everybody's plates. He walked up to the sink and washed the plates and then put them in the dishwasher.
Then Dave  said, “Alright who is ready to open presents.”
Craig and Genoa shot up and said, “Oh we are!” And they ran into the living room. Dave  laughed and then started heading into the room along with the other adults. Once they walked in Craig was already half opening his present.
Kyle then said, “Don't open your presents. You guys know it goes from oldest to youngest.”
Craig put it down and asked, “But dad why?”
Kyle replied, “Because I said so. So put it down.” Craig then put it down and walked over to his mom and sat down with her. Rose  reached under the tree and grabbed the present for Liv.
Gloria handed it to Liv and said, “This is for you from us kids.”
Liv said, “Thanks.” She opened it up and it was a bed and breakfast coupon. Liv said, “Thanks that is just what I wanted.” Rose  then grabbed a present and gave it to Gloria. She opened it and it was tickets to a Brett Young concert.
Gloria picked it up and said, “Oh my, I can't believe it! I have been wanting to see them for years now. Thank you so much.”  Gloria hugged everybody. Then Rose  grabbed Kyle’s present. Kyle opened it and it was a piece of paper that said, “Kids free sleepover at uncle Dave 's and aunt Roses.”
Kyle picked it up and said, “Oh thank you so much. We need that.”
Rose  then grabbed a present for Krista. She opened it and it was a 4570. She looked at it and said, “Wow this is cool I can't wait to blast s*** up with it. Oops sorry Kyle and Gloria.” Then Dave  got up and went to get Roses present.
He looked around then said worried, “Well here's the thing. I forgot to get you a present.”
Rose  asked, “Are you kidding?”
Dave  replied, “Ya.” laughed and kept going, “Follow me.”  Everybody got up and followed Dave  to his mount room. Once she walked in she looked up and was in shock. Dave  said, “That elk you shot earlier this year, I got it mounted for ya.”
Rose  replied, “Oh Dave  I can't believe it.” She hugged Dave  and then they headed back into the room. Rose  reached under the tree and grabbed a little box. Dave  opened it and his jaw dropped. It was tickets to a Pens game against the Maple Leafs.
Dave  said, “How did you get these I have been trying to get these for days.”
Rose  said, “I know some people.” Dave just hugged rose. Then Rose grabbed the presents for Genoa and Craig. They tore them open like it was nothing. Craig got a toy gun and Genoa got a barbie. Craig took his gun and would keep shooting the barbie. Genoa got so mad that she took the gun from Craig and threw it.
Craig then grabbed Genoa’s doll and threw it too. Craig and Genoa began to both cry. Kyle walked over to them and said, “Come on quit crying okay they aren't broken.” Craig and Genoa then walked over to Gloria wiping their eyes. Gloria began holding them close and hugging them.
Kyle said, “Honey stop they will be fine.”
Gloria replied, “Oh Kyle stop it.”
Just then Liv got up and said, “I am gonna get heading I have a long drive back.” everybody said goodbye as Liv walked out the door. After she left Dave  started to get a fire going in the fireplace. Kyle walked over and leaned against the stone wall.
He took a swig of his beer and asked, “Did you see the hockey game last night against the capitals?”
Dave  looked up and said, “I did see that game. Man was it a nail biter. Did you see that Kessel got a hat trick?”
Kyle replied, “Ya I did, man it was a crazy game.”
Dave  replied, “I know tell me about it, I mean boy oh boy when the Capitals tied it up 4 to 4 with a minute to go in the third period, boy it was a nail biter.”
Kyle replied, “I know but when Malkin took the puck and scored, oh man!”
“Oh I know! I couldn't believe it!” Replied Dave.
Kyle said, “I thought we were gonna have it when Crosby had it, but he had to cross check.”
Dave  replied, “I know, that made me so nervous because then there was thirty seconds left and they were on a power play but somehow we pulled it through.”
Kyle replied, “I know, thank goodness I hate the Capitals.”
Just then Gloria said, “Kyle let's get heading the kids are asleep and I am getting tired, plus we have my side tomorrow.”
Kyle replied, “Alright I am almost done with this beer then we can head.”
Gloria said, “Okay.” Kyle then finished his beer and picked up the kids and him and Gloria waved goodbye to everybody and headed out the door. Now it was just Dave , Rose, and Krista sitting in the living room with Rose drinking tea and Krista and Dave drinking beer. After krista finished hers she said, “Alright I am gonna get heading.”
Rose said, “You have a long drive are you sure you want to go home when you are drunk?”
Krista replied, “Oh I ain't going home I got a place I can crash.” She then winked at Rose.
Rose stood up and asked, “Are you saying what I think you are saying?”
Krista smiled and said, “Ya. I have a guy that I am staying with tonight, but don't worry nothing's gonna happen.”
Rose said, “Okay if you say so.” Krista then stood up and headed out the door. Rose then stood up and said, “Alright we have your side tomorrow at your brothers house right?”
Dave replied, “Ya.” Rose then stood up and headed into the kitchen to start cleaning up. All of a sudden a car alarm started to go off. Dave got up and asked, “What the hell is going on?” He walked outside and started dying.
Rose then walked out and asked, “What's going on?”
Dave  said, “There's a moose humping your car.”
Rose said, “There is no way.” Rose  then looked and sure enough there's a moose mounted on her car humping it.
Rose asked, “Why would he be doing that?”
Dave replied, “You have to get what you can get, and that is your first question? Mine is where is he sticking his dick at?”
Rose´s head then tilted and said, “I don't know where he is sticking it. Maybe he just has a small penis and found a crack.”
Dave then walked inside. As Dave  was walking inside Rose  asked, “What are you doing?”
Dave replied, “I have a moose tag might as well shoot one that is enjoying himself for his last moment of his life.”
Rose shook her head and said, “Whatever.”
Dave pulled up and bang, down went the bull. He walked over to the bull and looked to see just wear he was humping. When he looked at the rear he saw a little hole where the light had been separated from the body of the car a hair. He looked over at Rose  laughed and said, “I think you may be right about this moose.”
Rose  chuckled and said, “Really? Wow what do ya know.” 
Dave then bent down and spread the moose legs to gut him, once he did this he looked down and started to burst out laughing. Rose walked over and asked, “What are you laughing about?”
Dave wiped his eyes and replied, “You are right, look at this thing it is the size of my pinkie.”
Rose replied as she walked over and said, “You s***ten me, no way.” Once she saw it she burst out laughing. Dave shrugged then grabbed it and ripped because he had to start gutting it. He then took his knife, stuck it, and went up till his ribcage. Once he got to the rib cage he grabbed his hand saw and began sawing the ribcage.
He then took his knife and began cutting where the guts meet the skin so he can pull the guts out. Dave grabbed the guts and he pulled as the warm blood made the guts slip in his hand. Finally he got the guts out but there was one thing left, the s*** tube. He dreaded taking that out because you can not take that out without a mess. He wrapped the s*** tube around his finger and pulled.
Of course it ripped and their was s*** and piss all over him. Dave wiped it off the best he could then wiped his hands in the grass. 
Once Dave got done cleaning up he walked inside to the kitchen to wash his hands. Rose looked at him and said, “Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t it illegal to shoot a moose at night?”
Dave replied, “Well technically it is, but it will be okay I mean it wasn't to much after sunset maybe like forty to fifty minutes.”
Rose replied, “Okay, if you say so.” Dave then nodded and headed to the sink to wash his hands. After he washed his hands he finished putting the food away in the fridge. Once he was done he hopped in the shower. When he hopped in the shower he leaned back as the warm water trickled down his body.
He then stepped out of the shower grabbed his towel and dried himself off. He got dressed and headed out of the bathroom to his bedroom. He threw his clothes on the floor and as soon as he headed out, Rose  said, “You better not have thrown your clothes on the floor.” Dave then backtracked and headed back into the room and put his clothes in the hamper.
He then went into the living room and sat in his chair while Rose was watching T.V. Dave grabbed his reading glasses and grabbed his newest issue of Outdoor Life. After he got done reading it he got up and put his glasses down on the end table. Rose  looked at him and asked, “What are ya doing?”
Dave  replied, “I am gonna go to bed because I have to skin the moose tomorrow, and I want to get it done before we head to my brothers for christmas.”
Rose  replied, “Okay then hold on I will join ya, there is a T.V. in our room.” So Dave and Rose headed into the room and Dave fell asleep while Rose watched her movie.

 Dave ’s alarm went off at 6 o’clock. He rolled out of bed and got dressed in his bibs and carhartt winter coat. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a knife then headed out into the garage. He grabbed his set of chains then headed out into the driveway. Sure enough the moose was still their. He wrapped the chains around the moose feet and lifted him up with an excavator.
He then got set to work skinning it. It was hard to skin because his skin was getting tough from sitting out all night. Finally it was 8 o’clock and he finished. Once he was done Rose  walked out with a cup of coffee and handed it to him.
Dave  said wiping his forehead and grabbing the mug, “Thanks.”
Rose  replied, “Yup, no problem. I am gonna head back inside since it is cold out here. I don't know how you are sweating.”
Dave  replied with a little chuckle, “I will be in in a little bit, I just have to put the head and fur in the freezer to save to make into a rug. After Dave  rolled up the fur around the skull he put it in the freezer and headed inside. Once he got inside he hopped into the shower to wash off the fat and blood. After he got out of the shower Rose was sitting there telling him to hurry up.
Dave headed into the room and put his clothes in the hamper and headed out into the living room.
Rose  said, “Thank goodness you are done! It took you long enough.”
Dave replied, “Geez we don't have to be there until noon and it is only nine.”
Rose  said, “I know but I need to stop at the store and pick something up and it is a long drive to your brothers.”
Dave  replied, “Okay just give me a minute to get my shoes on then I am ready.”
Rose  said, “Okay I will grab the presents and meet you out in the car.” So after Dave got his shoes on, he hopped into his truck and they headed off into town. Once they got into town Rose flew out of the vehicle and headed into the store. Dave  slowly took his time getting out and walking into the store. Rose was looking around for something.
Dave  walked up to Rose  and asked, “What are we looking for.”
Rose  replied, “They have these cute little toys here and I wanted to get some for Tyler and Travis.”
Dave  replied, “Okay, then I'm gonna grab me some beer and a heath bar.”
Rose replied, “Okay, go ahead.”  Dave then walked over to the liquor section and found him a bottle of Seagrams. He then saw Rose in line at the register. Dave  hurried over to the line and once he got there he grabbed himself a heath bar.
Dave  looked down at the register and said, “I thought you were getting something.”
Rose  replied, “I couldn't find them.” They then headed back into the truck and headed to Dave’s brothers. Rose  made Dave  listen to christmas music the whole way there.
Finally once they got there they got out of the truck, grabbed the presents, and headed inside. Dave walked into the living room with the presents and the alcohol.
Dave ’s brother Grant took the liquor and put it on the table and said, “You can go ahead and put the presents under the tree.”
Dave  replied as he started heading to the tree, “Okay thank you.”
Grant replied, “Yup no problem.” After Dave set the presents down he walked into the kitchen where Grant had set the Seagrams. Once he walked in their he had noticed that Grant had already made him a Highball on the rocks.
Dave  took a long swig and said, “You know, you make the best damn highball ever. Oops sorry didn't mean to say that in front of your kids.”
Grant replied, “Oh it is alright they hear me cuss all the time it won't hurt them.”
Dave  shrugged and said, “Okay, if you say so.” Grant nodded and took another swig of his drink. Dave then grabbed his drink and took a swig, and as usual it was good. Dave sat down and looked around. He saw Rose and Lucy playing with Tyler and Travis. As he looked at them he knew that he was excited to have kids.
Just then Grant smacked him on the shoulder and asked, “So, when she due?”
Dave  replied, “Well she is 4 ½ months so about April/May ish.”
Grant replied, “Ah spring birthday, that's nice.”
Dave replied, “Ya, I hope they aren't too ornery like their old man and uncle was.”
Grant chuckled and said, “Ya we were trouble together ever since I can remember.”
Dave laughed and said, “Ya, I agree. You know one thing though?”
Grant replied, “What?”
Dave  said, “We always got in trouble when Sam was with us, we would always get in trouble with him.”
Grant replied, “Ya, ain't that the truth.”
Dave  replied, “I only wish that my kids could meet him. That would have been nice.”
Grant replied, “Ya, I wish my kids had the pleasure of meeting him too. Heck, I don't even know if my wife met him. I mean he was still alive when I dated Lucy but I don’t know if he was ever home to meet her.”
Dave  replied, “Come to think of it I don't think Rose met him either. It's a shame she didn't. He was a hell of a guy.”
Grant replied, “Ya, oh well. Here let's have a toast to Sam.”
Dave  raised his glass and said, “To Sam.” Dave and Grant clinked glasses and took a swig. Next thing they knew the doorbell rang. It was Mom. She walked in with her armful of presents.
Grant walked up to Casey and said, “Here mom let me take those.”
Casey handed them over to him and said, “Thank you so much.” She then walked over to Dave  and hugged him and Rose  and Lucy.
Then Tyler and Travis came running over saying, “Grandma.”
Casey knelt down and put her arms open as Tyler and Travis ran in for a hug. Casey gave them a big hug and said, “I missed you guys. You guys know you have to talk to your parents to see when it works out for you guys to stay the night with us.”
Tyler and Travis shook their head and said, “I know Grandma we will.” Then they ran back into the living room. Casey then took her coat off, hung it up then headed into the living room. She sat down at the table looked at Grant.
Grant looked and said, “Do you want a highball?”
Casey looked back at Grant and said, “No I will have a mudslide if it isn't too much trouble.”
Grant shrugged and said, “No trouble at all.”
Casey replied, “Thanks.”
Grant replied, “No problem.” Grant set it down on the table in front of Casey and she took a drink. She set the glass down and looked over at Travis and Tyler playing on the ground. Then Rose  and Lucy joined Grant, Dave , and Casey at the table.
Rose  sat down and said, “What’s going on, are we not playing cards or what?”
Grant reached over to the island and grabbed the deck of cards and said, “Oh you betcha that we are playing. Did you and Dave  bring enough money for me to take.”
Dave  chuckled and said, “Oh I do believe me and Rose  always wins every year I mean if I remember right we bought your kids gifts with the money that we won from you guys last year.”
Grant laughed and said, “Oh that is one expensive present if you used all the money.”
Dave  replied, “Oh we didn't use it all on them no offense to your kids but we didn't spend 1,000 dollars on them.”
Grant chuckled, “Is that how much you guys won last year?”
Rose  replied, “Oh you betcha”
Grant then replied, “Alright then I need to win that money back.”
Lucy then said, “How about we open presents then eat before we play cards.”
Grant replied, “Okay I guess that will work, is it ok with you guys?”
Dave , Rose, and Casey replied, “Yup that is fine with us.” Everybody then headed into the living room and sat down on the couches and chairs. Tyler and Travis rushed over to Grant and Lucy and said anxiously, “Who goes first? Who goes first?”
Grant replied, “You guys can go first.” Tyler and Travis then ran over to the tree and grabbed their presents and ripped them open.
Tyler held his gift up in the air and said excitedly, “Cool.”
Travis Grabbed his present and said, “Wow a rope I can't wait to tie Tyler up with this.”
Grant laughed. Lucy then said, “No tying each other up.”
Tyler replied, “Okay mom I won't.”
Lucy then got up and grabbed the present for Dave  and Rose. Dave  unwrapped his and it was beef jerky and bullets.
Dave  said, “Sweet I actually brought my gun so we can try these babies out later if we want.”
Rose  replied, “How about we don't because we still have to eat and we are most definitely playing cards.”
Dave  replied, “Okay that makes sense.” Rose  then opened her gift and it was a gift card for a free spa.
Rose  said, “Oh that is awesome I have been wanting to go to a spa for some time now.”
Lucy replied, “Ya everybody needs a spa day.”
Dave  replied, “I don't and I doubt Grant does.”
Lucy then replied, “That's probably true now how about me and Grant open our presents.” Grant grabbed Lucy's present and handed it to her. Lucy opened it and it was a tickets to a Luke Bryan concert.
Lucy said with excitement, “Wow this is awesome I have always wanted to see Luke Bryan play. She put the tickets back in the box and said, “Alright now it's your gift Grant.” Lucy reached under the tree and pulled out Grants gift. She handed it to him and Grant opened it. It was the keys to a brand new chevy. Grant just looked down at the keys.
Grant said, “No F***ing way! How did you hide that from me.”
Lucy laughed and said, “It's in my shed.”
Grant said, “Wow I can't believe that” Lucy then stood up and grabbed the present for Casey. She opened it and it was a bed and breakfast gift card. 
Casey looked up and said, “Thank you so much I love these.”
Grant then got up and said, “Dave  I am gonna try out my new truck want to go tear up a field with me real quick.”
Dave  replied, “Way ahead of ya, but I am driving my own truck.”
Grant replied, “That is fine just hurry up.” So Dave  and Grant headed outside and into their trucks. Grant started his new trucks engine and it was like a purr of a cat. They drove so fast out of the lane that it left smoke. Dave  had a nice old diesel and was racing Grant down the road. Finally grant turned off into a field and started doing donuts. Dave  turned and joined him. Dave  went real slow tapped the bumper then flew it in reverse and took off. Grant hit the gas and was after him. They were making donuts and swerving trying to get Grant off Dave 's tail.
Dave  was looking back to see where Grant was and hit a bump. His truck flew up and he landed back on the ground with the tires squealing. Dave  then felt his phone vibrate. He picked it up and it was Rose  telling him to hurry up and get back. Dave  then turned and headed back onto the road and back to Grant’s house.
Grant followed and once they got back Rose  and Lucy were waiting for them. They got inside and sat down to eat. They had turkey and mashed potatoes and other sorts of stuff. After supper they decided to clean up and play euchre while Casey plays with Tyler and Travis. Dave  had to deal first. He shuffled the cards then passed them out. He looked down at his hand and saw that he had a shooter. He had the A, Q, J of spades, J of clubs, 10 then a K of hearts. Everybody went around the table and passed. Finally it was Dave ’s turn to bid. He passed the card to Rose.
Grant looked at him and said in disbelief, “No f***ing way.”
Dave  laughed and said, “Oh you better believe it.”
Grant sighed and said, “Alright what in.”
Dave  replied, “Spades.”
Rose  picked up the card then slid him something right away. Once he picked it up a smile went on his face. It was the K of spades that he was missing. Lucy who was next to him laid down an ace of hearts. Grant then laid then Dave  laid the 10 of clubs. The trick was his.
He now had to lead so he set his hand down and said, “I have the rest.” 
Grant Said, “Damn you. You always have good luck.”
Dave  chuckled and said, “It ain't luck I just know how to play cards.”
Grant said, “Alright.” The game then went on with Rose  and Dave  kicking Grant and Lucy’s ass. By the time all the card playing was over it was already 11 o’clock.
Dave  and Rose  stood up collected their winnings and said, “Alright we gotta get heading”
Dave  and Rose  hopped in the truck and started heading back. On their way back a deer ran out in front of them and Dave  nailed it. Dave  slammed on the brakes after he hit it and pulled off to the side of the road. He got out and looked at his truck. There was a little dent but nothing major.
He then walked over to the ditch where the deer laid motionless. He then walked back to his truck and grabbed his knife. He then headed back to the deer to gut. It was a nice mature doe. He got done gutting her and threw her in the bed of his truck. Hey then wiped his hands off in the grass and headed back into the truck. After he hopped back in they headed back on their way home. Once he got home he hung the doe up next to the moose.
He looked at them chuckled and said, “I have my work cut out for me tomorrow don't I.”
Rose  laughed and replied, “Ya you do.” Rose  then headed inside to shower and head to bed. Dave  sat there and looked at the moose and deer laughed and just shook his head. He then headed inside. He walked into the kitchen to wash his hands. He then went into the bathroom and hopped into the shower.
The shower felt warm and soothing while the outside was cold and brisk. After he was done showering he put his robe on and headed into the bedroom for the night.

Dave  woke up at 7:30 am. He rolled out of bed put on his robe and headed out into the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee. He sat at the table and just sipped his coffee. Once he was done he headed into the bedroom grabbed his clothes and headed into the bathroom. He changed brushed his teeth then hung his robe up. He then got his bibs on and winter coat and hat and headed outside.
He got outside and the cold hit him like a brick wall. He paused and let his body get used to it a bit. Finally he handed over to the moose and began working on it. He got out a table to put the meat after he got it off the bones. It was 12 o’clock and he was finally done with the moose. He had the meat in bags and in the freezer. Now it was time for the doe. He sat down grabbed a beer and relaxed for a bit.
He then set the beer down and grabbed his knife and started skinning the deer. The front legs were the part of the deer that was hit. As he was skinning it the skin practically fell off the meat. The meat in the front right leg was no good. He then decided to just saw the leg and give it to the dogs.
He finally got the skin off at 1:00. He then started working on deponing the deer. He finally got done with the doe at 3:00. He then cleaned up then headed into the house. He walked into the shower and washed the blood off of him. He then got out and walked into the living room and plopped on the couch. Then Rose  walked in from the kitchen and gave him a hot bowl of chili. He grabbed it and he gobbled it down. After he was done eating he headed into the kitchen to wash his dishes.
After he washed them he looked at Rose  and said, “What do you say we grab our skates and head to the pond and ice skate.”
Rose  replied, “Sure I would love too.” So Dave  went and grabbed his and Roses skates. They then headed out on a walk to the pond.
Once the got there Dave  said, “Alright you first my lady.”
Rose  replied, “Oh such a gentleman.” She then took off on the ice and said, “Try and catch me.”
Dave  replied smiling, “Ok.” Then he took off on the ice after her. He iced over to her and grabbed her. She shrieked then laughed. Dave  then let her go and skated off.
Rose  said laughing, “Come back here.”
Dave  replied laughing, “You have to catch me first.” Just then the ice below Dave  gave out and he fell through. Dave  then resurfaced and tried crawling back on the ice.
Rose  then stopped and said, “Dave !”
Dave  was freezing and replied, “Don’t come here you will break through just get off the pond and I will get out.” Rose  then hurried up off the ice. Then Dave  began to try and struggle to get out. Finally he got a hold on a crack in the ice and pulled himself out.
Once he got on the ice he slowly slid to shore. Dave  got on the shore, so Rose  took off his skates and helped him get back to the cabin. Once they got back Dave  got a change of clothes and wrapped himself in blankets. Rose  then made hot cocoa for Dave  to drink. He sipped his mug as his hands shook. He turned the T.V. on to help pass time.
Next thing he knew it was 20:00. He then got up and then grabbed himself a little snack. After he finished the snack he headed off into bed. His bed was warm and comfortable. He laid his head on the pillow and closed his eyes.

Dave  woke up at 8:30 am. He headed out into the kitchen to make himself breakfast. Just then he heard somebody knocking on the door. He walked over to the door and answered it.
It was Liam. Dave  said, “Hey Liam what you doing out here.”
Liam replied, “Oh remember when we said we would go and elk hunt.”
Dave  replied, “Ya and here come in so we don't waste heat.”
Liam walked inside and said, “Well I just got this lease to hunt some property about two hours from your place.”
Dave  said, “You s***ten me and you want a beer or something.”
Liam replied, “I aint s***ten ya and ya I will take one.”
Dave  then grabbed a beer for him and Liam. Dave  then replied, “Is this place good.”
Liam replied, “Oh ya I set some trail cameras out and take a look at some of these pics.” Liam grabbed his phone out and pulled up the pics. He showed them to Dave .
Dave  grabbed the phone and said, “Damn those are some big bulls.”
Liam replied, “Ya I know.”
Just then Rose  came out of the bedroom saw Liam and said, “Oh hey Liam how you doing?”
Liam replied, “Oh swell how about yourself?”
Rose  replied, “Good.”
Liam then looked back at Dave  and said, “How about we head out today.”
Dave  replied, “I am down.”
Liam then replied, “There's just one thing.”
Dave  replied, “What is that.”
Liam said, “We have to use a bow we can't use a gun.”
Dave  then replied, “That is fine I have always wanted to bowhunt for elk I just always used a gun.”
Liam replied, “good.”
Dave  replied, “Yup Let me tell Rose  then I will get dressed and I will be ready.” Dave  then walked over to the bathroom door and knocked on it.
Rose  said, “Ya.”
Dave  said, “Liam got a lease for a woods to hunt and asked if I wanted to go today so I thought I would let ya know I am going..”
Rose  replied, “Alright have fun.”
Dave  said, “Alright see ya.” Dave  then headed into the room and got his clothes on. He then grabbed his bow and meet Liam by their trucks.
Liam said, “You ready?”
Dave  replied, “Yup, I will follow you.” Liam hopped into his truck and Dave  hopped in his. Liam then began to head. Dave  followed. It took them everybit of two hours to get there. Then they got out of the trucks. Dave  walked over to Liam’s truck and saw two climber stands in the bed.
Liam said, “Here take this one and walk about fifty yards east and you will come upon the corner of a woods then their is a big oak tree climb that one.”
Dave  replied, “Alright sounds good where you gonna be?”
Liam said, “I will be about 200 yards from ya in another field.”
Dave  said, “Alright sounds good.” Dave  then grabbed his stand and headed out into the woods. He found the tree and climbed it. Once he got situated in the tree a cow walked out in the field. Dave  grabbed his bow just in case a bull walked in. Sure enough a bull did. It started walking 10 yards from him. He drew back. Once he got the sights on it it took off.
Dave  then but the bow down and said, “What the hell happened that was a decent sized bull.” Just then a monster bull elk walked out where the smaller one did. Dave s heart began pumping fast. His palms began to sweat at the size of this bull. It was walking the same path as the smaller one. It got 20 yards from him and he drew back.
The bull slowly kept walking towards Dave . Dave  was trying to control his breathing. Finally the bull was straight out in front of him. Dave  grunted a little and he released the arrow. It was a direct hit. Dave  began to shake like no tomorrow. He couldn't handle himself. He was following the elk as it ran in the field. It dropped. Dave  freaked out. He sat down in the stand and was making the stand shake. This was the biggest bull he has ever shot.
He then grabbed his phone and texted Liam saying he had just hammered the biggest bull in his life. He sat in the tree and waited. Finally he decided to head down and check it out. He climbed down the tree and started walking over to the elk. It only ran 40 to 50 yards from where he shot it. He walked over to it poked it in the eye and when it didn't move he threw his hands up in the air with excitement.
Just then he felt his phone vibrate. He looked down and it was Liam. The text had read, congrats I will head down towards your way. Dave  then headed back to the tree. After five minutes of waiting he heard Liam walking. Liam came through and gave Dave  a huge high five.
Liam then said, “Alright can I see the thing or what.”
Dave  replied, “Hell ya you can as long as you don't promise to take him.”
Liam chuckled and said, “Oh I won't trust me.”
Dave  laughed then said, “Alright good and follow me.”
Dave  began to walk and Liam asked, “So what happened.”
Dave  then said, “Well a doe came out and a smaller bull followed her. I pulled up on the bull then right before I shot he took off. And I couldn't believe it then this guy walked out and I nailed him.”
Liam replied, “Nice. Woah that is a big ass elk I have never seen him before.”
Dave  looked back up Liam and said, “Seriously hmm well then.”
Liam replied, “Ya now one question for ya, are you getting it mounted?”
Dave  looked at Liam with a huge smile and said, “Oh heck ya I am getting him mounted.”
Liam smiled and said, “I figured just thought I would check though.”
Dave  replied, “Yup now how do we get it out of here?”
Liam replied, “I can get the owner and ask for his Kubota to drag it out.”
Dave  replied, “That sounds like a plan I will wait here by the elk.”
Liam replied, “Alright then I will be right back.”
Dave  replied, “Alright.” Once Liam left to head back to the house an elk walked out of the woods about 100 yards in front of him. Dave  grabbed his binoculars to try and see what it was. It was just a cow. He watched the cow as it slowly walked back into the woods. After the cow fully went into the woods he looked down at his watch.
It has been twenty minutes since Liam left. Dave  looked up wondering where he was. Just then he heard the slight murmur of the engine coming through the woods. Then he saw the Kubota break through the trees coming at him.
Sure enough Liam was driving so it was coming at him like a bat out of hell. Liam rode over bumping over the tilled up ground.
Once Liam got there Dave  said, “Took ya long enough.”
Liam laughed and replied, “Yeah sorry about that Tim the owner was asking me about what happened.”
Dave  replied, “Got ya.”
Liam then said smiling, “Did you like my driving.”
Dave  laughed then replied, “Oh is that what you call it. Where I come from that is called flying.”
Liam laughed and replied, “Well once I get behind the wheel of an all terrain vehicle I can't control my lead foot.”
Dave  laughed then said, “Well then I should of went and asked but I was worried you were gonna hump the elk or something.”
Liam laughed and replied, “I know I don't have a wife but I won't stoop that low.”
Dave  laughed and said, “Oh so you stay true to your german shepherd thats nice.”
Liam replied, “Well ya I mean I can't be to mean to the dog that's all I got.”
Dave  laughed sighed then said, “Alright let's get this thing loaded up and headed to my house because I can use a drink of whisky.”
Liam replied, “That sounds like a plan.”
Dave  said, “What makes you think you are invited.” Liam then stared at Dave . Dave  then slapped Liam in the chest and said, “I am kidding of course you are invited.”
Liam replied, “Oh phew I got nervous their.”
Dave  then clapped his hands and said, “Alright let's get this thing on the trailer.”
Liam then grabbed the back legs and Dave  walked up and grabbed the antlers.
Liam then said, “Alright on three. One, Two, Three.” they gave out with a shove and the elk shifted onto the kubota. They then drove a few yards out into the field to gut the the elk. Once they found a good spot Liam stopped the kubota and Dave  went out and hopped on the bed and spread the elks legs. He took his knife and cut the elk right by his dick.
He then took his knife and went up the fire cutting it. Once he got to the rib cage he took his little handy dandy saw and began sawing the the ribcage. Once he got through the ribs he put the saw down and picked his knife back up. He put his hand in the deer body and pulled the guts down a little till he could see where they were connected to the top of the ribcage. He then took his knife and cut that strand of fat. He then gripped the guts and began to pull. He then got the guts out and of course all that was left was the s***ter.
He took the s***ter wrapped it around his finger and yanked. Like always it ripped and got all over him. He wiped himself off in the grass and then hopped back into the kubota. Liam then headed back towards the trucks. Once they got there Dave  grabbed his phone and called Rose.
Rose  picked up and said, “Hello.”
Dave  replied, “Hey Rose  um I got one and I am gonna mount it.”
Rose  replied, “Okay umm are you sure because you mounted mine and it will be really expensive.”
Dave  said, “Ya I am gonna mount it it is the biggest elk I have ever shot.”
Rose  then replied, “Alrighty then.”
Dave  then said, “So you are okay with it.”
Rose  replied, “Ya I will support you”
Dave  then said, “Okay then I am gonna mount it.”
Rose  then said, “Alrighty then.”
Dave  replied, “Okay well I gotta to go see ya soon.”
Rose  replied, “Ok see ya soon.” Dave  then hung up the phone and walked over to Liam.
Dave  looked at Liam and said, “Alright let’s get this thing in the back of my truck then we can get heading.”
Liam replied, “Okay sounds good.” Dave  grabbed the antlers and Liam grabbed the legs and on three then heaved the massive animal in the truck. Dave  then hopped in his truck. Liam got in his and drove up to Dave's window.
Dave  rolled down his window and said, “I will follow you back I ain't sure how to get back yet.”
Liam replied, “Alright that sounds good.” Liam then took off and Dave  followed close behind. On their way back to Dave's house Dave  couldn't help but imagining this big elk in his dead room. Finally after two long hours they made it to Dave's place.
Once they got there Dave  got out of his truck grabbed his tractor and hooked a rope up to the elks legs and picked him up. Once he got the elk up him and Liam began to skin it. This time around it only took them about an hour to skin it. After they got done skinning it Dave  put the head and the fur in freezer to keep it cold to get mounted.
After Dave  put it in the freezer he headed back to the elk to help Liam debone it. That took them about two hours and once they were done they bagged the meat and put it in the freezer. By the time they were done with everything it was dark so Dave  and Liam went inside for a couple of drinks.
After they had a couple Liam stood up to head home. After Liam left Dave  joined Rose in bed. He was out like a light.

Dave  woke up on the couch. He got up and sat on the couch wiped his eyes and was wondering how he got there. He stood up then headed into the kitchen to make some coffee. Once his coffee was finished he grabbed his robe out of the bathroom and walked out into the balcony to drink his coffee.
Once he stepped outside he noticed that it was snowing. He sat down in his chair and began to rock. As he sipped the coffee he had a real little headache. After he finished his coffee he walked back inside into the kitchen. He headed over to the sink to wash out his mug.
Then Rose  walked out of the bedroom looked at Dave  and said, “Good you're up.”
Dave  looked over at Rose  and said, “Ya say how did I end up on the couch I thought I went to bed.”
Rose  replied, “Oh you did but you were snoring so loud that I moved you to the couch.”
Dave  nodded his head and said, “Oh got ya.”
Rose then replied, “So how you feeling.”
Dave  replied, “Fine actually.”
Rose  said, “That's good. What do you say we visit your brother today.”
Dave  replied, “Ya I would like to do that.”
Rose  said, “Alright well you need to shower first and so do I.”
Dave  lifted his arm up then smelled himself. He coughed then said, “Ya I do I smell bad.”
Rose  replied, “Ya I know, well I am gonna shower.”
Dave  replied, “Rose  what do you say we save water.”
Rose  looked at Dave  and said, “If you think I am showering with you when you smell as bad as you do you are out of your mind.”
Dave  replied, “Okay okay if you say so.”
Rose  replied, “I do now you can shower first so I can eat breakfast.”
Dave  replied, “Okay let me grab my clothes.” Dave  then walked into his room and grabbed some clothes. He then headed into the bathroom to shower. He hopped into the shower and sat there as the the warm water overtook his body. After he was done showering he dried himself off and got dressed. After he got dressed he called Rose  and told her the shower was ready. Dave then headed into the living room and looked around a bit sighed then sat down.
Once Rose got out Dave looked over at Rose and said, “Hey I was thinking, what do you say about a bigger place I mean we have two kids on the way and we only have a single bedroom house.”
Rose replied, “Ya I have been meaning to talk to you about that.”
Dave replied, “Alright, but I mean I don't want to lose the land so would you be open to building?”
Rose replied, “Well how about we look for a house with a good bit of land and if we don't then I will be open to building.”
Dave replied, “Great that's what I wanted to hear.” Dave then grabbed his laptop and began looking on realtor.com. He licked where he was located so he put that general area in the search bar. He put in all of his requirements and hit search. There was a couple of options. As he was scrolling down he saw this one lot that had a two storey house and an abundance of land with a pond off the back of the house.
Dave took his laptop and went over to Rose to show it to her. She looked at the property and said, “It's worth looking into I will call them.” Rose then went into the kitchen and grabbed her phone and called the number. Once she got it Dave was sitting on the couch eager to hear the news.
Dave looked at her and said, “Well?”
Rose replied, “They said they would show it to us tomorrow.”
Dave replied smiling, “Alright I can't wait.”
Rose then replied, “Alright do you still want to head to the cemetery to visit your brother?”
Dave replied,  “Ya I still want to.”
Rose replied, “Ok then get your keys and shoes on and let's go.”
Dave said while getting up, “Ok I hear ya.”
Rose replied, “Good about time you did.” They got into Dave's truck and started heading to the cemetery. As they were heading a full grown bull moose ran out hit their truck. It all happened so fast Dave didn't have time to react. Once the moose had impact with the car the airbags went off knocking Roses head back onto the headrest of the seat knocking her unconscious.
Daves airbag went off hitting him in the chest knocking the wind out of him and knocking him out. Once Dave came to he was on a stretcher being rushed into an ambulance.
Dave began to freak out screaming, “Where is Rose is she okay.”
The doctor looked at him and said, “She is ok she is already on her way to the hospital she was knocked unconscious and has a minor concussion.”
Dave replied, “Good, then what's wrong with me.”
The doctor replied, “You have a minor concussion to so we are taking you into testing.”
Dave replied, “Ok good thank you Mr……….”
The Doctor replied, “My Name is Thompson Caleb Thompson.”
Dave replied, “Oh thank you Mr. Thompson.”
Caleb replied, “Yup no problem.” Dave then was in the ambulance and was on his way to the hospital. After a bunch of testing Dave and Rose was able to go home.
Rose looked at Dave with a wondering look. Dave then walked up to Caleb and asked, “Do you guys have a phone we can borrow because we really don't have a ride home our car is totaled?”
Caleb replied, “Ya here you can use my phone.”
Dave replied, “Thank you.” He then began dialing the number to his mom's phone. She picked up and said, “Hello.”

  Dave said, “Hi mom this is Dave me and Rose were in a car accident and was wondering if you could pick us up?”
Casey replied shocked, “Oh my gosh are you guys ok.”
Dave replied, “Ya we are fine we only have a minor concussion.”
Casey then said, “Ya sure I will be there what happened?”
Dave replied, “A moose ran out in front of our car.”
Casey replied, “Oh my.”
Dave said, “Ya we are fine though so could you hurry up.”
Casey replied, “Oh ya I am heading now.”
Dave replied, “Ok good see you soon.” Dave then hung up the phone and headed over to Caleb. Dave handed the phone to Caleb and said, “Thank you so much.”
Caleb replied, “Yup anytime.” Dave then headed over to Rose sitting in the waiting area.
Dave looked at her and said, “ Alright my mom is on her way.”
Rose replied, “Ok good.” Dave then sat down next to Rose and waited for his mother to show up. Once she showed up Dave and Rose got into her minivan and headed back to Dave and Roses.
Once they got back Dave looked at Rose and said, “ good thing we used the not so good truck.”
Rose replied, “Ya we still have two vehicles so we are good.”
Dave replied, “Are we still gonna check out the house tomorrow?”
Rose replied, “Ya I still want to.”
Dave said, “Good I was hoping you would say that. Well I think I am gonna take a shower then I might head to bed and relax for the rest of the night.”
Rose replied, “That is fine I was thinking of doing that to.” Dave then headed into the room to grab some clothes to shower. He then headed into the bathroom and hopped into the shower.
The showers warm water felt good on his sore muscles. He then got out of the shower and headed into the bedroom. He plopped down on his bed and turned the TV on. Rose soon joined him in bed. They had a restless night because of the sore muscles.

Dave woke up with a sore neck. He got up out of bed and headed into the kitchen. Once he was in there he grabbed an ibuprofen to try and relieve the pain.
After he took it he headed into the living room to watch some TV. He noticed that the movie Braveheart was on so he decided to watch it. Halfway through the movie Rose walked out of the bedroom rubbing the back of her neck.
Dave looked at her and said, “There is some ibuprofen on the counter of you want some.”
Rose replied, “Ya I am gonna have some thanks.”
Dave replied, “Yup.” Rose grabbed some then headed into the living room.
She sat down on the couch and said, “Ugh we are watching this movie?”
Dave replied, “Ya we are because I enjoy this movie.”
Rose said, “Okay it's whatever because we are gonna have to head to the one house soon.”
Dave looked at Rose and said, “Oh boy I forgot about that already. At the next commercial I will get up and change.”
Rose replied, “Okay good.” Sure enough right after he said that the show went to commercial. So Dave got up and headed into the room. Dave got dressed and when he got out he noticed that Rose had changed the channel.
Dave walked into the living room and said, “Why did you change the channel.”
Rose replied, “Because this is better, and because we can head now.”
Dave replied, “Alrighty then.” Dave then walked over got his shoes on and grabbed his coat. He looked over and saw Rose was still sitting on the couch. He looked at her and said, “Are you gonna get up and ready or what.”
Rose replied beginning to stand up, “Ya sorry there was a good part.” She then stood up and headed over to get her shoes and coat. They then got into the car and headed over to the house.
When they got there the family greeted them and invited them inside. The house was all newly renovated and had nice tile flooring and new carpet. The master bedroom had a walk in closet and a nice bathroom. The other bedrooms were new and each one and a bathroom near it.
After walking through the house for 10 minutes Dave said, “Alright and can we see outside?”
The owners said, “Ya you sure can.” Dave then walked outside and the view took him back. There was a clear blue pond 20 yards off the porch and there was a huge woods behind it.
Dave then looked back at the owners and said, “ How many acres is it?”
They replied, “There is 99 acres total.”
Dave looked at them in aww. Rose then walked over to him and said, “Are you okay you are like drooling over here?”
Dave looked at Rose and said, “This place is perfect we have to get it they have 99 acres and look at that pond.”
Rose replied, “I agree but it depends on the price.”
The owners looked at the and said, “We are looking for around $450,000 for the place.”
Dave looked over at Rose and said, “We can so do that price we need to take it.”
Rose looked at Dave and said with a smile, “I know we can so do that I will talk to them you stay out here and look in the pond for fish or something.” Dave nodded then headed over to the pond. When he got there he saw some bass big bluegill and perch and trout. Dave could not believe his eyes. Then he heard someone walking behind him so he turned around.
It was the husband. He reached out his hand and said, “Hi I am Logan Heitkamp.”
Dave shook his hand and said, “Hi I am Dave Fightmaster. Say I got a question how many fish are in here.”
Logan replied, “Oh there is a mess off fish this pond has not been fished in oh maybe five years.”
Dave looked at him in awww and said, “ Are you serious?”
Logan replied, “Ya my family isn't big into fishing. Also if you think that is good you should see the animals that we have on this property.”
Dave looked at Logan and said, “What animals do you guys have here?”
Logan replied, “Oh we have at least three different eight by eight bull in this property, and there is some big wall mounted moose, and a whole mess of deer.”
Dave looked at Logan and said, “You have to be s***ten me no way.”
Logan shook his head and replied, “I aint s***ten ya I got some trail cameras out we can hop on the quad and go check them real quick if you want.”
Dave looked at him and said, “Would I ever.” So Dave and Logan got on the quads and headed into the woods to check the trail cameras. Once they got back they put the chips into the computer and looked at the pictures. Sure enough there was a wall mounted moose three 8x8 bulls and a whole bunch of whitetails and mule deer.
Dave was shell shocked. He looked over at Logan and said, “Do you guys not hunt either.”
Logan replied, “No we don't hunt we just love the view.”
Dave replied, “Ya I will give you that because over the tree line you can see some mountains.”
Logan replied, “Ya it is a real pretty view. Well do you want to head back inside to the wife's?”
Dave replied, “Ya let’s head back to the wife’s.” So Dave and Logan headed back into the house. Once they got there Dave looked over at Rose to see her reaction. Rose looked at Dave and said, “Can I talk to you.”
Dave replied, “Ya sure.”
Dave then walked over to Rose and she looked at him and said, “ They literally just put up their house on the market and we are one a verbal contract that they will sell it to us we just need to get a contract made up before we get to excited.”
Dave looked at Rose smiled and said, “Ok that makes sense.” Dave then walked back over to the couple and said, “I love the knotted pine and the oak table.”
Logans wife Lisa replied, “Thanks I like it to.”
Dave asked, “What all comes with the house?”
Lisa replied, “We are taking everything except for the bed frames and well basically everything that made of wood.”
Dave relied, “That's nice.”
Rose then looked over at Dave and said, “Alright are you ready to go.”
Dave replied, “Yup.” So Dave and Rose got into the vehicle and headed back home.
As they were on there way back Dave looked over at Rose and said, “This house is perfect I mean it is closer to work for both of us and the property is bigger and the house is bigger and it has a sweet pond all in all it is perfect.”
Rose looked back at Dave and said, “I know it has a room that you can use for your hunting stuff and the house is in great condition.” Once they got back Dave went and grabbed the phone. Rose looked at Dave and said, “What are you gonna do?”
Dave replied,  “I am gonna call a house seller place and tell them to put our house on the market.”
Rose looked at Dave and replied, “Don't do that.”
Dave looked at Rose with a confused look and asked, “Why?”
Rose replied, “Because I was talking to Lisa and she is looking for a place to retire because they are older and I offered for them to look at our place.”
Dave looked at her shocked and said, “Wow when are they coming?”
Rose replied, “In a little bit”
Dave replied, “Ok got ya good thing the house is pretty clean. “Just then the door rang. Sure enough it was Logan and Lisa. They walked inside and Rose showed them around while Dave took Logan out to the yard to show him the property. After a long day of looking at a house and showing people the house, Dave and Rose plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV.
Dave then looked at Rose and said, “Well?”
Rose replied, “They liked the house.”
Dave let out a sigh and looked at Rose and said, “Good and I am whooped I am gonna go to bed.”
Rose replied, “Ok that Is fine I will join ya.”

Dave woke up in the new house and when he looked around he just smiled. It was there first official week in the house due to paperwork, bank, and moving. Dave sat on the edge of his bed looked back to Rose still sleeping and sighed. He then got up and walked down stairs. He made himself some coffee and sat down at the dinner table.
Just then Rose came hobbling down the stairs. Dave looked at her and said, “Good morning beautiful.”
She looked at him and said, “Good morning.”
Dave replied, “So how you feeling.”
Rose replied, “Fine but remember we have to go to the doctors today.”
Dave replied, “I know I remember.”
Rose replied, “Good.”
Dave nodded and said, “Say would you like some tea?”
Rose replied, “Yes I would love some tea thank you.” Dave then got up and headed over to the countertop and made Rose some tea. Dave handed the warm mug to Rose and sat down next to her.
Rose took the mug and said, “Thank you.”
Dave nodded then said bent over to Rose's stomach and said, “So you boys when you gonna come out so you can make me and your mom whooped instead of just your mom?”
Rose laughed then said, “I agree.”
Dave then replied jokingly, “Holy s*** you can talk but I thought there was only boys, just kidding that was your beautiful mother.”
Rose laughed then replied, “Ya but that guy's voice you heard is your weird father's voice.”
Dave laughed sighed then said, “I am gonna go fishing in the pond.”
Rose replied, “Alright sounds good I will see ya at lunch.”
Dave replied, “Alright see ya at lunch.” Dave then walked into his room where he keeps all of his hunting and fishing gear. He grabbed his pull some tackle and bait. He then headed out the door and over to the pond.
Once he got  there he set his pole, tackle, and bait down and headed back into the garage. He grabbed his lawn chair pole holder and a cooler of beer. He then headed back to the pond set up his pole and leaned back in the lawn chair and cracked open a beer. As he was sitting there he heard his phone buzzing in his pocket. He grabbed it and noticed it was Kyle Cheesman.
He picked it up and Kyle said, “He are you busy?”
Dave replied, “Well if you call sitting in a lawn chair fishing and drinking beer busy then yes.”
Kyle laughed then replied, “Ok well I was actually gonna see if you wanted to go fishing or something because gloria is out shopping with her friends.”
Dave replied, “Well hell do you want to come out here and drink beer with me?”
Kyle replied, “Sure I will be out there I will pack my own cooler.”
Dave replied, “Good then we can drink twice as much.”
Kyle laughed and replied, “Ya thats a good point.”
Dave then slapped his forehead and said, “Damn I can't drink too much I have to bring Rose to the doctor at five.”
Kyle then replied, “Oh ya I remember doing all that running to the doctors office.”
Dave replied, “Ya I probably am gonna have two maybe three beers then I will be fine.”
Kyle replied, “Ya that sounds like a  good idea.”
Dave then said, “You can still come out and fish if you want.”
Kyle replied, “Alright I will be out there. Kyle then hung up. Dave then looked down at his pull seeing it almost being pulled into the water. Dave flew out of his chair grabbed the pole and yanked. He missed it.
Just then behind him Rose said, “Is there a set of lips on the hook?”
Dave laughed and replied, “No but that would be pretty funny.”
Rose chuckled then said, “Ya and hey make sure you don't drink too much because you have to drive me.”
Dave replied, “I know I am only having one maybe two more after this.”
Rose replied, “Ok good.”
Dave then replied, “Ya and Kyle is commin out to fish with me.”
Rose said, “Oh that's nice, and I am gonna head back up to the house I just came down to make sure u weren't gonna drink too much.”
Dave replied, “Ya and I wasn't going to.” Rose then headed back up to the house. Just then Dave got another hit on his pole. He yanked and this time he got it. He started reeling and the fish was fighting hard. Dave was face down towards the reel concentrated on landing this fish.
As the fish got closer and closer to the bank the more anxious Dave was to get it in. As it got real close to the bank he looked up to see the beast of a bass jump in the air and splash back into the water.
Dave grabbed his pant legs and pulled them up one at a time with his hand. He then jumped onto the edge of the water and reeled again. Once he got the fish close enough he reached in and pulled the bass out.
Dave looked at it in shock and disbelief at the size of it. He threw it on the land and got back up on shore. He then grabbed the bass and grabbed his stringer out of his tackle and strung the bass up. He then re baited his pole and threw it back out there.
He then looked at his pole and said out loud, “Man I wasn't even trying to catch a bass, I don't know what I was expecting to catch but surely not a bass.” He then heard a car pull into his drive. Kyle then began heading down towards the pond.
Dave looked at Kyle and said, “Dude I just caught a huge f***ing bass.”
Kyle looked at him and said, “Bull s***.”
Dave then walked to the bank and pulled the bass out of the water. Kyle said, “Holy s***.”
Dave replied, “Ya I know.” Dave’s pole then began to tug Dave ran back up and by his pole. Then it gave a big strike and Dave yanked.
He reeled and reeled. The fish was coming in to his surprise. Then when it was getting close to the bank the fish took off. He know was fighting the fish as hard as he could. Finally he got it in and Kyle looked at Dave and said, “Dude you ain't gonna believe this.”
Dave replied, “What is it?”
Kyle said, “It is a channel cat.”
Dave replied, “No s*** well pull it out.” Kyle then pulled the fish out and sure enough it was a channel cat. He looked at Kyle and said, “Well hell grab my stringer I am gonna keep this thing.”
Kyle then looked at Dave and said, “Good because if you weren't gonna keep it I was.”
Dave laughed as he was rebating the hook. Kyle then but the fish back in the water on the stringer and set his line out. As the Day went on they kept catching nice bass and by the time Rose called them in for lunch the stringer was full of big fish. After lunch Dave and Kyle filleted and skinned the fish.
They then headed back to the pond to fish.
Dave looked over at kyle and said, “There is so much fish I only need half and you can have the other half and that is all I need.”
Kyle replied, “Ya half of those fish are plenty.”
Dave said, “Alright I don't want to stop fishing so do you want to just catch and release unless it is a fish that would take everything out of you to release.”
Kyle replied, “That is fine with me.”
Dave replied, “Alright.” Dave and Kyle fished on opposite sides of the pond. As Dave was fishing he looked up to see Kyle on the other side of the pond struggling to get a fish in. Dave reeled in his pole real quick and began heading over to Kyle.
When he got there Dave grabbed the net and said, “What do you got?”
Kyle replied, “I don't know to be honest, one moment my pole was still then I looked away a little bit and when I looked back my pole was nearly in the water.”
Dave said, “Alright take your time I have the net so don't try and rush it.”
Kyle replied, “I won't trust me.” Dave then went into the water up to his knees and waited for the fish to come in so he could net it. Finally he saw what it was.
Dave looked at Kyle and said, “Dude you ain't gonna believe this but you have a saugeye on your line.”
Kyle replied, “Are you serious?”
Dave got the saugeye in the net then held the net up for Kyle to see and replied, “Yup.”
Kyle looked at Dave in amazement and said, “Well I am gonna release it.”
Dave just looked at Kyle and said, “Are you sure.”
Kyle replied, “Ya I am sure because I don’t know how many saugeye are in this pond so I am gonna leave it in here to hopefully keep the population.”
Dave looked at Kyle and said, “That a smart idea. Here let's at least get your picture with it.” 
Kyle laughed and replied, “Did you honestly think I wasn't gonna get a picture with it.”
Dave replied, “Well you are and odd bird so I don't know.”
Kyle laughed and said, “Ya but I wasn't that bad until I met you.”
Dave laughed and said, “Ya I know.” Kyle then grabbed the fish and held it up. Dave took his phone and took a pic. Dave then said, “I will text ya this.”
Kyle replied, “Alright sounds good.” Kyle then looked down at his watch and said, “Geez om pets it is late I should get heading.”
Dave replied, “Ya it is probably getting close to when I have to bring Rose into town.” Kyle then grabbed all of his stuff and put it in his truck and headed out. Dave then gathered all of his things and put them away and headed into the house. Rose was getting her shoes on when Dave walked in.
She looked up and said, “Good perfect timing I was just about to go out and get ya.” Dave then grabbed the keys to the vehicle and got Rose her coat. When he walked back in she had her shoes on and he gave her her coat.
Once she got it on Dave asked, “ Are your ready?”
Rose replied, “Yup.” Dave then opened the door for Rose and they headed off into town. When they got there Dave opened the door for Rose and they headed on in. When they got in there the doctor put the cream on Roses stomach. For all Dave new the thing the doctor was putting on Rose was some magical wand.
The ultrasound photo came up of the baby and the doctor looked at them and said, “I will be any day now when you have your babies.”
Rose looked over Dave and smiled. Dave looked back and said, “Ya in a few days you're gonna be in a lot of pain.”
Rose replied, “Ya but it is all worth it.”
Dave said, “Well that's good.” Rose nodded and smiled. The doctor then whipped the cream off Roses stomach and put her shirt back down. Rose got up and off the chair and headed out with Dave. They stopped and picked up some ultrasound pictures for Rose to put in her scrapbook. They then got in the truck and headed back home.
They picked up some supper on there way back. When they got back Rose went inside and sat down at the dinner table and looked at the pictures. Dave sat down across the table from Rose. Rose looked up at Dave smiled and said, “Can you believe than any day now we will be a mom and dad.”
Dave replied, “No I can't believe it, the time is flying by so fast.”
Rose said, “Ya I know but do you think we are ready to be parents I mean we are going from no kids to two kids?”
Dave replied, “Well it will be a journey but we are ready I mean you baby proofed the house even though I didn't want to.”
Rose laughed and said, “Ya you said the kids will build character by getting hurt even though they are babies.”
Dave replied laughing, “Ya you have to start young.” Rose laughed and just shook her head. Rose then walked into the kitchen and grabbed ice cream out of the freezer and got herself a bowl. She then walked into the living room and turned on the T.V. Dave still sitting at the table looked around and started imagining little kids running around and bumping into things.
He thought about him getting up to help the kid that just ran into the wall and hearing Rose yell from upstairs to check on him. All of a sudden the clank of Roses bowl on the kitchen countertop awoke Dave up from his daydream. Dave looked over at Rose and said, “Please don't put your bowl down hard like that so you don't break it.”
Rose replied, “Oh ya sorry.”
Dave said, “It is fine.” Dave then got up and headed into the garage. He grabbed a stool turned his T.V. on and grabbed a seagrams and a 7up. HE made the mixed drink and sat down and watched the Pittsburgh Penguins play the Detroit Red Wings. The Pens were up 2 to nothing with five minutes to go in the 2nd period. Dave could tell he was starting to get tired so he decided he would go to bed after the game was over.
Finally the game ended with the Pens winning 3 to 2. Dave got up and headed into the kitchen and dropped off his glass on the kitchen counter and then headed off into bed. When he slid into his bed he let out a awww because lying down felt nice. Dave then turned on the T.V. and set the sleep timer on. He set the remote down on his end table and as soon as his head hit the pillow he was out like a light.

Dave woke up to Rose poking him. He got up and said, “Whats going on?”
Rose replied frantic, “My water broke.” Dave then flew out of bed put cloths on and looked at the clock. It was 5:02 am. Dave then came back in and helped Rose out of bed and helped her slip into easy clothes. Dave then got her in the car and they headed into town. Dave was driving the speed limit and Rose was sweating and looked at Dave and yelled, “Will you get there already I am about to have a baby.”
Dave replied, “Honey calm down ok I am driving the speed limit because I don't feel like getting in a reck. Now just keep breathing and relax ok we are almost there.”
Rose replied, “Ok just hurry up.” Dave pulled into the emergency room parking lot and got out of the car and ran over to Rose's window. He helped her out of the car and they walked as fast as Rose could to the door.
Dave said, “Hi my wife’s water broke.”
The nurse replied, “Ok the doctor will be out soon.” Dave and Rose then sat down and as soon as they sat down the doctor came out and grabbed Rose. They headed into the delivery room.
The doctor happened to be Doctor Thompson. Caleb said, “You are already 10cm dilated. If you wouldn't of got here when you did because 10 minutes later she would have one of the babies popping out already.”
Dave replied, “Wow that would be an odd site.”
Caleb then said, “Ok Rose start pushing, and Rose you might want to grab Dave's hand, and Dave she is gonna squeeze hard so be ready.”
Dave grabbed Roses hand and said, “ It can't be,”Rose then squeezed Dave’s hand and screamed as she pushed, “Accc damn that hurts.” She then pushed again and Dave eyes got big again and said, “F*** that really hurts.”
Caleb then said, “Come on Rose the first one is almost here one more push.” Rose gripped Dave's hand let out a scream and shoved. All of a sudden a screaming baby was out in the world. Dave looked over at the doctor and saw the baby.
Dave then said, “Holy s*** look at the head on the baby honey how in the hell did that come out of you.”
Rose just smiled at Dave. The doctor then said, “Ok Rose now the next one.”
Rose then started pushing and screaming and squeezing. Rose stopped pushing to breath and asked, “Is he almost out.”
The doctor replied, “You are almost there just keep pushing.” So Rose started pushing again and a minute later the other baby came out into the world screaming. The doctors then rushed the baby into another room and got him ready.
After they left Dave looked at Rose and said, “Nice job honey you did it the boys are in the world.”
Rose looked up at Dave and replied looking exhausted, “I know I can't believe it.” The doctors then came through the door with both the boys in there arms. The doctor handed one to Rose and the other to Dave.
Dave then looked up at the doctor and asked, “Is it possible that we could get like a name tag or something so we can tell the difference between them to I mean they look identical.”
Rose hit Dave. Dave looked down at Rose and said, “What I mean come on there is no way that if we name them now that you will be able to tell them apart.”
Caleb then said, “What if I take one back and put a green cloak on him?”
Rose replied, “That would be great thank you.” So Caleb then grabbed the baby out of Daves hand and walked into the room and put the green cloak on him. Caleb then gave the baby back to Dave.
Dave looked at Rose and asked, “ The one I am holding is gonna be Remington the one you are holding will be Hunter is that ok?”
Rose replied, “Ya that works.” Just then they heard a knock on the door. Dave walked over to the door and saw that Casey and Grant and Lucy were at the door. Dave welcomed them in. Lucy and Casey gave Rose a hug.
Casey then asked, “What are their names?”
Rose replied, “Well this one here is Hunter and the one with Dave is Remington.”
Grant looked at Dave and said, “I really like the name Remington it is bold and strong.”
Dave replied, “I know that is what I thought.”
Rose asked, “So Casey and Lucy do you want to hold one?”
Lucy and Casey replied, “Oh yes I would love to.” Casey got to hold Remington while Lucy held Hunter.
Casey looked up at Rose and said, “They are both very beautiful.” Then there was a knock on the door again. Dave walked over to the door ad opened it. It was Roses siblings Kyle, Gloria, Krista, and her mom Liv. Dave let them in and Kyle stood by Grant and Dave while the girls surrounded the babies. Then the door was knocked on again.
Dave walked to the door and when he opened it he saw that it was his good friend Liam and his cousin Marcus. Dave said, “Well hell I didn't expect you guys to be here come on in.”
Liam replied, “Ya I can't believe it either Britney is actually using the restroom then she will be out.”
Dave looked at Liam and asked, “Who is Britney?”
Liam replied, “She is my girlfriend.”
Dave replied, “Nice what is she like.”
Liam replied, “Well you will get to meet her so just wait.”
Dave replied, “Ok, say Marcus how you doing.”
Marcus replied, “I am doing well.” Marcus then said hi to Kyle and Grant. Dave Kyle, Grant, Liam, and Marcus all sat and talked while the girls all were sucked up to the babies like flies on s***. Gloria looked at Dave and asked, “What are their full names?”
Dave replied, “Well the one in the green is Remington James Fightmaster. That is because of my dad’s name and the one in blue is Hunter Henry Fightmaster because of your guys's dad.”
Gloria replied, “Thats nice.”
Dave replied, “Ya it was Rose's idea to do that.”  Dave, Kyle, Marcus, Liam, and Grant were talking while Rose and the moms talked. It started to get dark so everybody left and Rose and Dave and the kids were in the room. Dave looked at Rose and said, “The doctor said if you feel fine we can leave tomorrow afternoon.”
Rose replied, “Good because I want to get out of here.”
Dave took a big sigh and said, “Alright I think I am gonna get some sleep because it was a long day of visitors.” So Dave leaned back in a chair and closed his eyes. Dave was out like a queer at a sports bar.

Dave woke up to a aching back. Dave stood up but his hands behind his back and leaned backwards to crack his back. He heard a line of cracks go down his spine. After he felt a new man he let out a big yawn and went into the hallway to get some coffee. As Dave was walking out in the hallway a man in a hospital gown bumped into him as he was running down the hall. The man was screaming and waving his arms.
Dave looked back as he was running shook his head and started walking toward the coffee machine. All of a sudden a whole slue of doctors came running in the same direction of the man yelling call the police. Dave then looked more interested in what was going on. He grabbed his coffee and headed after the doctors to see what was going on.
He took a turn and saw the patient holding something in his hand. Dave started to walk closer until a doctor stopped him and said, “Sir don't get closer this guy is dangerous.”
Dave looked at the doctor and said, “What Is going on?”
The doctor looked at Dave and said, “This man psychotic and he is weapon in his hand threatening to hurt patients if we don’t give him medicine.”
Dave looked at the doctor and asked, “What kind of weapon?”
The doctor replied, “He is holding a 38 magnum pistol.”
Dave’s eyes got big and he looked at the doctor and said, “Alrighty then I think I am gonna go back to my wife and kids and get the hell out of here.” Just then the cops ran in right by Dave and went as close to the patient as he would let him. Dave then began to hurry back to Rose and the kids. As he was running he heard a real loud bang that made him nearly drop to the floor.
Dave then ran as fast as he could. Once he got to the room there was a nurse frantically getting Rose and the kids ready. Once they were ready Dave looked at the nurse and said, “Thanks.”
The nurse replied, “Don't mention it now just hurry up and get out of here.” So Dave and Rose got out of the hospital as fast as they could with the kids. They then headed home and Dave was getting stressed out by Rose constantly nagging him telling him to drive safe stay the speed limit and his favorite hurry up.
Finally they made it home and Dave walked into there room laid down and tried to fall asleep. Rose then walked in and said, “Honey get up you have to watch the kids while I nap.”
Dave got up and said, “Alright I am gonna take them shooting then but I won't lose them dont worry.”
Rose looked at Dave and said, “ Dave don't even think about doing that.”
Dave replied, “ What If I shoot over the pond and have them be taking a nap in the crib in our room.”
Rose replied, “ If you can get them to sleep go ahead.” Dave then grabbed the kids and laid them down in the crib and to his amazement they actually fell asleep. Dave then crept out of his room and headed to the gun cabinet and grabbed amio and headed out to the woods. When Dave got close he noticed something big moving swiftly in the brush.
Dave then decided to check it out. He loaded his gun and slowly walked over ready to blast anything that would come out and scare this s*** out of him. As he was walking towards he heard it very lights breathing. As he got closer he noticed large footprints in the mud.
He knelt down to get a better look at them and when he did a bear came out of the brush charging towards him. Dave scrambled backwards trying to get up and get a shot. He is trying to get the gun safety off to shoot it and as the bear gets five feet from him the bear stopped looked at him then turned around and left.
Dave was still shaking with fear as he had seen his life flash before his eyes. Dave just stood there in shock at what just happened. Then Rose came behind him and said, “ What is wrong?”
Rose made Dave jump and Dave turned around and gave Rose a hard hit to the face. Rose fell and Dave looked at her and said, “Rose I am so sorry I didn't mean to hit you, you just scared the living s*** out of me.”
Rose got up rubbing her jaw and said, “What happened?”
Dave replied, “I saw something moving in the woods and when I checked what it was a bear came out and charged me and then it stopped five feet in front of me and went back and I was stunned in fear.”
Rose replied, “Oh wow I don't  know what to say.”
Dave replied, “Ya I know and by the way what you doing out here I thought you were gonna take a nap.”
Rose replied, “I am then I had to tell you something but now I can't remember what it was.” 
Dave replied, “Sorry about that.”
Rose replied, “It's alright I am gonna head back into the house.”
Dave replied, “Alright sounds good.” As Rose headed back into the house Dave picked up his gun and said to himself, “ I am gonna find that bear.” Dave then headed into the woods after the bear. When he found the tracks he started to follow them. When he was walking he tripped on a branch and face planted into a pile of bear s***.
Dave stood up wiped the s*** off his face and said, “ This damn bear better f***en hope I dont find him because I am gonna kill him and her whole f***en family.” Dave walked over and he got to his food plot. Sure enough the bear was grazing in his food plot.
Dave pulled up and lined his sights up his sights to make sure he it it square in the ribs. Just before he shot two cubs came out of some brush close to her and laid down next to their momma. Dave pulled down and decided not to shoot.
Dave sat there and watched as the cubs played around their mommas feet. Dave just sat there and smiled. Daves kids changed him. A couple of months ago he would have shot her no problem but ever since he had the twins he sees these bears differently.
The cubs seemed happy playing as the momma forged around for food. He then realized that she didn't come after him to hurt him she came after him to protect her cubs. Dave sat there for over an hour just watching them graze the field. Finally when they headed into the woods Dave got up and headed back to the house.
When Dave got back Rose asked him, “I thought you were gonna get that bear could you not find it?”
Dave sat down in his chair looked up at Rose and said, “ Honey you won't believe this but I went out and found the bear in the food plot. I pulled up on her and right before I was gonna shoot her cubs came running out and laid down in front of the mom.”
Rose looked at Dave and said, “And you didn't shoot why?”
Dave replied, “ I don't know I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on her when she had her cubs running around her feet. I mean normally that wouldn't bother me but today I just couldn't do it so all I did was sit and watch them roam around in the food plot for over an hour.” Dave then looked at Rose again and said, “ Man I am hungry I mean I didn't even eat lunch.”
Rose replied, “ I know that is what I was gonna tell you earlier that I was gonna make lunch but oh well I can make some supper because I am getting hungry to.”
Dave looked at Rose and asked, “ How are the boys?”
Rose replied, “Fine I guess I mean they finally are sleeping well.”
Dave replied, “That's good.” Just then the babies started to cry because they were hungry.
Rose looked at Dave and said, “It's your turn to get the kids I was stuck with them while you had your little excursion outside and plus I am making you supper.”
Dave got up sighed walked over to Rose and said, “Ok if you say so it's a good thing I love you.” Dave hit Rose in the butt and Rose jumped hit Dave with the spatula and said smiling, “Don't do that.” Dave then walked over to their bedroom to check on the kids. When he got there Hunter and Remington were balling his eyes out in their cribs.
Dave picked them up in each arm and and rocked them and sang the song that Dave's mom used to always sing to him. Finally they fell back asleep so Dave set them back down in the crib then headed back to the kitchen to Rose.
When Dave got back Rose looked at him and said in surprise, “ You got them back to sleep that quick?”
Dave replied, “What can I say I am good at what I do.”
Rose laughed and replied, “Ya is that why it took us two years to have kids.”
Dave replied smiling, “Ouch. That was a good one though.”
Rose said, “I know that is why I said that.”
Dave laughed then replied, “Oh so know you are miss know everything.”
Rose said, “Ya who said I wasn't.”
Dave replied, “Me.”
Rose said, “Oh is that right?”
Dave replied, “Sure is.”
Rose laughed and shook her head then said, “Well since you are supposedly so good at what you do why don't you set the table because it is almost time to eat.
Dave got up and replied smiling, “Ok I will and it will be the best darn table set you have ever seen.”
Rose laughed then replied, “Ok if you say so now set it before the food is done.”
Dave set the table then headed into the living room and sat down on his chair. He grabbed the newspaper and began reading the comics section.
Just then Rose said, “Dave the food is ready.” Dave set down the paper then headed into the kitchen. He sat down at the table and got him and Rose a plate then they folded hands and prayed. When they got done praying they dove into there food. For Daves luck it was hamburger helper with deer meat.
After a couple of spoonfuls he looked over at Rose and said, “This is delicious thank you.”
Rose replied, “Thank you.” Finally when they were done Dave took the dishes and cleaned them while Rose went to check on the boys. When Rose got back Dave was sitting in his chair on youtube watching hunting videos.
Rose looked at Dave and said, “Do you think we could watch a movie instead of these. Dave then got off youtube and as he was scrolling he noticed that the Penguins were playing the Blue Jackets in the playoffs. Rose looked at Dave and said, “This will work I don't mind hockey.”
Dave said bringing his fist down to his side, “Yessssss!” Dave was watching it intently.
Then Rose got up and said, “I am going to bed good night.”
Dave waved his hand behind his head and said, “Night honey.” The game ended with the Penguins winning four to one. Dave got up turned the T.V. off then headed to bed.

Dave woke up to Rose shaking him awake. Dave rubbed his eyes looked at the clock then looked over at Rose and said, “Why are you waking me up at five am?”
Rose replied, “ I can't get the boys to stop crying.”
Dave replied, “I don't hear them crying.”
Rose replied, “Ya they are I just moved them into the kitchen come on.” So Dave got up and headed into the kitchen with Rose.
When Dave got there he heard them crying. Dave looked at Rose and said, “ I will calm them down you can go back to bed.”
Rose replied, “ Thank you.” Rose then headed into the bedroom and drifted back off to sleep. Dave grabbed the two boys in his arms and swayed the back and forth. He could not get them to stop crying so Dave grabbed his truck keys and headed to his truck to take them on a drive.
Dave hopped in and headed to town towards his job. When Dave got to his work he pulled in. Dave got out and saw a coworker. He walked up to Dave and said, “Dave how you doin I thought you had today off?”
Dave replied, “ Hey Alex ya I have today off but the kids are crying so I thought I would drive here just to see how stuff is going.”
Alex replied, “ Well things are going good how are the kids doing?”
Dave replied, “They are ok they are a handful especially twins.”
Alex laughed and replied, “Ya I bet.”
Dave said, “Say how is the wife?”
Alex replied, “Fine did I tell you that we are trying to have kids.”
Dave replied, “No, good for you guys.”
Alex said, “ Ya I hope she gets pregnant soon though because she gets real pissy with me when she takes the test and it comes back negative.”
Dave replied, “Ya that makes sence Rose was the same way.”
Alex then looked down at his watch and said, “Alright I should get to work see ya Dave.”
Dave replied, “See ya Alex.” Dave then walked back to the car and headed back home. When Dave got home both boys were asleep so he set them in the crib then he walked into the kitchen and grabbed himself a cup of coffee. He then headed out to the porch and sat in his rocking chair looking over the pond and the edge of his woods.
He sat there and just looked out over the property thinking how blessed he and Rose are to have this beautiful property and two healthy boys. He just sat there and stared off into the distance. Then at 6:30 Rose walked out and leaned against the house looking out over the property.
Dave looked at Rose and said, “It sure is quite beautiful out here I can't believe we own this property.”
Rose replied, “ I know……. Hey Dave look there is a baby elk walking with its momma over on the tree line.”
Dave scanned the tree line until he saw the momma and baby grazing the fresh fertile grass. Dave looked up at Rose and said, “Rose why don't you go inside and get the camera because it looks neat with the due on the ground.”
Rose asked, “Sure where is the camera at?”
Dave replied, “It should be in the mudroom.” Rose nodded her head then headed into the house to get the camera. Dave sat on his rocking chair and watched as the elk walked slowly across his yard.
Finally Rose came out of the house with the camera and stuck it out for Dave to grab and said, “Found it.”
Dave grabbed the camera looked at Rose and said, “Thank you.”
Rose replied, “Sure thing I am gonna go check on the boys then I will be back.”
Dave replied, “Alright sounds good.” Rose then walked inside and Dave got up out of his chair and leaned against the beam. HE took a picture of the elk. Out of curiosity Dave looked at the picture he took. The picture looked beautiful.
While Dave was admiring the picture Rose walked out and asked, “How does the picture look?”
Dave looked over at Rose and said, “It looks beautiful come here and take a look.” Rose walked over and grabbed the camera out of Dave's hand.
Rose looked at the picture then said to Dave, “Wow this picture is beautiful I can't believe how beautiful it looks. You know who would love this picture……. My mom we should get this framed because she has a bunch of pictures of animals in her house.”
Dave asked, “Ya we should do that isn't her birthday coming up soon?”
Rose replied, “Ya it is in two weeks.”
Dave asked, “Alright I think I am gonna head into town to get breakfast do you want anything?”
Rose replied, “Well it depends on where you are going.”
Dave responded, “I don't know I was thinking something quick like McDonalds then I was gonna swing over to the store and get groceries.”
Rose replied, “Oh then I will have and egg mcmuffin with an orange juice no ice please. Thank you.”
Dave replied, “Sure thing.” Dave then headed into the house grabbed his wallet and truck keys and headed to the garage. When Dave opened the door a robin flew in the house nearly hitting dave. Dave put his keys and wallet down grabbed a broom and headed after the bird. He walked through the house swinging at the bird cursing at it.
Rose opened the back door and the bird flew out like a bat out of hell. Dave then said by again to Rose and headed for his truck again. Dave got in his truck and headed into town. When Dave was on his way he noticed a opossum walking on the road in the lane next to him. He looked to make sure there was no oncoming cars.
When he was all clear he swerved over to hit the opossum. After he hit it he swerved back looked at his rearview mirror to make sure no cars saw him hit it. Once he got into town he swung over the the general store. Dave pulled in and just his luck he got front row joe. He grabbed a cart then headed into the store. As he was in there he saw an old classmate.
Dave walked over to him and said, “ Hey John how's it been.”
John turned around looked at Dave stuck his hand out and said, “Hey Dave long time no see.”
Dave shook his hand and replied, “Ya no kidding say last I heard you were in jail what happened.”
John replied, “Ya I am on “parole” if you know what I mean.”
Dave looked at John and asked, “Does that mean you broke out of jail?”
John replied in a low town,” Yes I did and the cops are after me so keep your voice down. Say can I hide out at your house for a couple of days.”
Dave looked at him in shock and said, “No you can not hide out at my house I have kids and I am not getting into a mess like this.”
John then hit Dave laughed and said, “Ha I got you good. I mean I was in jail but I am actually on parole.”
Dave looked at John hesitant and said, “Ok well good for you. Well I have to get going I have to get breakfast for the wife. See ya John.”
John replied, “See ya Dave.” Dave then walked through the aisles looking for some milk and some popcorn. Once Dave had all the stuff he came for he headed for the checkout. Finally he headed to McDonalds to get food. He swung through the drive through then headed back home. When he gotto the garage he saw Rose fumbling around in the kitchen with one of the kids in her arm crying.
Dave walked in with the breakfast and asked Rose, “Is everything alright?”
Rose replied, “Oh thank goodness you are here Hunter won't stop crying and I was trying to change Remington's diaper but I couldn't with Hunter all over the place.”
Dave looked at Rose and said, “Here you eat your breakfast and take a break I will deal with the kids.”
Rose looked at Dave and asked, “Are you sure.”
Dave replied, “Yes I am sure just relax.” So Dave walked over and grabbed Hunters fufu and grabbed a toy for him. He then picked up Hunter and rocked him until he stopped crying. He then set Hunter down and changed Remington's diaper. Right when Dave took Remington's diaper off Remington started peeing all over the place.
Dave got it in his face and on the wall behind him. All of a sudden Dave heard Rose laughing in the background. Dave turned around to give Rose a stinky look but when he turned around and saw Rose laughing he couldn't help but laugh. Dave wiped his face then put the clean diaper on.
Dave then set Remington down in his crib and Dave went and cleaned the wall. Finally Dave sat down and ate his so called breakfast which was now more like a brunch. When Dave got done eating he threw away his trash and headed into the living room. He sat down on his chair and turned on the news.
The headline of course was his friend John. He had actually escaped jail. When Dave saw this he yelled at Rose in the kitchen to come in the living room. When Rose got in she asked Dave, “Yes dear what do you want.”
Dave replied, “Do you see this guy here John.”
Rose replied, “Yeah what about him?”
Dave replied, “He was an old classmate of mine and I just talked to him in the store.”
Rose looked at Dave and said, “Ok I am confused.”
Dave looked at Rose and said, “He is wanted he broke out of jail that is what
I am getting at.” Dave then got up and picked up the phone and dialed 911. He told the person that he had just talked to John at the general store. Dave then hung up the phone and locked the doors in the house.
Rose looked at Dave and asked, “What are you doing?”
Dave replied, “Before I found out he actually broke out of jail he asked if he could stay out in our place for a while so I just want to make sure he doesn't come in.”
Rose replied, “Well does he know where we live.”
Dave replied, “I don't think so but I just want to be safe.”
Rose asked, “What did he do?”
Dave replied, “He got drunk one night at a party and he had sex with a minor.”
Rose replied, “Well why would he break out of prison I mean that can't be a bad bade sentence.”
Dave replied, “I don't know how bad it is but they are treated very badly in prison.”
Rose replied, “Oh that makes sense. Say Hunter s*** his pants can you change it please.”
Dave looked at Rose and replied, “Sure it will get my mind off of John.” Dave walked and got Hunter and set him on the table to change his diaper. Then there was a knock on the door. Dave put Hunters pants back on then went and opened the door while he wiped his hands with a kleenex.
When Dave opened the door there was a policeman outside the door. Dave looked at him and asked, “Is there anything that I can help you with officer?”
The policeman responded, “ Yes we are after John Heuker and we chased him into your woods and was gonna tell you that we are gonna enter your woods.”
Dave replied, “Sure but can I go with you guys.”
The policeman replied, “There might be shooting.”
Dave replied, “I got a gun I can handle myself. Plus I know how we can sneak up on him.”
The policeman looked at Dave hesitant and said, “I suppose so.”
Dave walked over grabbed his gun and met the cop at the back door. He walked out and said, “Follow me.” The cops followed him into the woods. Dave looked down and saw shoe prints. He followed them and new where the path led.
Dave looked at the cops and said, “One of you guys come with me then the rest follow this path we are gonna meet you at the end of the path.” Dave and a cop walked off the path towards the end of the path. Dave got to the tallest tree in his woods stood underneath it looked up then looked at the cop and said, “Hold my gun I am gonna see if I can see him.”
The cop grabbed his gun then Dave began to climb. He got to some fullage at the top and leaned out to try and see. Just then Dave saw somebody move just 50 yards away.
Dave climbed out of the tree and told the cop the direction. The cop radioed in the general direction. Dave looked at the cop and said, “Alright you go up about 10 yards and you will see a tree that is hollow inside sit there and I will walk over and flush him over to you, and don't worry you will be able to see us but we won't be able to see you.”
The cop nodded then headed over to the tree. Dave walked over and when he was within 10 yards of John Dave said, “John.”
John replied, “Dave is that you?”
Dave replied, “Ya I am coming to you then follow me out.”
John replied, “Ok glad I can count on you.” Dave found John and Dave led them right to where the cops were. John looked at Dave and asked, “Why did you turn me in.”
Dave replied, “because you tried to get my family involved.” John just looked at Dave with a dirty look as they took him out of the woods and brought him to the cop car.
The one cop walked up to Dave and said, “Hey thanks for helping and I believe that this gun is yours.”
Dave replied, “Yes it is thank you and no problem always happy to help.” Dave then walked inside and put his gun away.
Rose looked at Dave and asked, “Are you hungry for supper because I am.”
Dave replied, “Yes very hungry.”
Rose replied, “Good because I was thinking fish.”
Dave replied, “I will make the fish don't worry.”
Rose replied, “I was hoping you were gonna say that because I hate making fish.”
Dave replied, “I know.” Dave then grabbed some fish and some batter then headed out into the garage to his fryer. After he got burnt a few times by the oil the fish were finally done. He walked in set the fish down on the table then sat down with the family. Rose made some baked potatoes to go with it.
After they got done eating Dave looked down at his watch and said, “Holy s*** balls it is 7:30 already man where did my day go?”
Rose looked at Dave and replied, “I know this day went by quick.” Dave then walked into the living room sat down in his rocking chair and turned on the tv. Just as he sat down one of the boys started to cry. Rose yelled from the kitchen, “Dave can you check on the boys?”
Dave got up and replied, “Sure.” Dave got up out of his chair and walked into their bedroom and noticed that Hunter was crying. Dave picked him up and noticed that his diaper was so full that the s*** was going up on his stomach.
Dave changed his diaper washed off the baby's belly and put a new diaper on him. Dave then grabbed Remington and Hunter and headed into the living room. Dave sat in his chair with Hunter and Remington on either side of him.
Rose walked in to lay down on the couch and stopped to see them. Rose looked at him and said, “Aw look how cute you guys are adorable.”
Dave looked at Rose and said, “Come on don't call me adorable.”
Rose laughed then laid down on the couch.”
Dave tossed the remote to Rose and said, “You can watch whatever you want.” Rose took the remote and turned on Netflix. Dave looked at Rose and asked, “What are you gonna watch?”
Rose replied, “I want to watch Wet Hot American Summer.”
Dave looked at Rose and said, “Alright sounds good.” When the movie was over Rose looked over at Dave to see Dave and the two boys asleep. She walked over to him and woke him up. Dave got up grabbed the kids and headed to bed.

Dave woke up to a screaming kid at the head of his bed. Dave rolled out of bed and went over and grabbed Remington. He walked him over to the changing table and changed his diaper. Just then Hunter started to cry. Dave set Remington down in the crib grabbed hunter and changed his diaper. Dave then set Hunter down and crawled back into bed.
Dave woke up to see the sun peeking in on the shades. Dave got up wiped his eyes and noticed that Rose and the kids were gone. Put clothes on and headed out of there bedroom. He walked into the kitchen and saw Rose making breakfast with Hunter and Remington sitting in their high chair.
Dave walked in hugged Rose and asked, “When did you get up and why didn't you wake me?”
Rose replied, “I noticed that you got up and changed their diaper so when I woke up I took them out of their crib and brought them into the kitchen so that way you could sleep in.”
Dave replied, “Thank you the extra sleep felt amazing. Also I am gonna go into work today for a little bit Alex texted me saying they needed help.”
Rose replied, “Ok that is fine my mom was gonna watch the kids today because I was gonna go shopping and I told her that you were coming with me. But I really wasn't gonna shop I just wanted the day off.”
Dave replied, “Good I shouldn't be long at work they just need help on one of the cars.” Liv then pulled into the driveway. She knocked. Dave yelled, “Doors unlock come on in.”
She walked in hugged Rose and asked, “ How are you guys doin?”
Dave replied, “Great what about you.”
Liv replied, “Good, are you ready to go shopping Dave?”
Dave replied, “Well I have to go to work for a little bit then I am gonna meet up with her.”
Liv replied, “Got ya sounds like a plan.”
Dave nodded then kissed rose on the cheek and said, “Alright I gotta go I will see ya in a bit.”
Rose replied, “Ok see ya in a bit.”
Dave looked at Liv and said, “See ya Liv.”
Live replied, “See ya Dave.” Dave walked out into the garage hopped in his truck and headed off to work. Dave pulled up at Honda and used his key card to get in. Dave walked over to his branch and saw Alex.
Dave walked up to Alex and asked, “Alright what do you need help with?”
Alex looked at Dave and said, “We can't this guys car figured out I mean the check engine light is on but we can't figure out how to get it off.”
Dave replied, “Did you check the gasket?”
Alex replied, “Ya we did but it's fine.”
Dave replied, “Alright let me take a look.” Dave looked under the hood and noticed a wire had been broken off. Dave said to Alex, “Get me the crimpr.” Alex walked over grabbed the crimper and Dave crimped the two wires together. Dave looked up and said, “Now check it.”
When they started it the check engine light went off. Dave looked at Alex and said, “Just a wire came off not a big deal.”
Alex replied, “And while we have you here you got a message.” Dave walked over to his little desk and read what it said. It stated that his brother Grant had some trouble with his tractor. Dave called grant back to see what was going on.
Dave looked at Alex and said, “Alright I am gonna head over to my brothers so are you guys all good here?”
Alex replied, “Yup we should be good thanks.”
Dave nodded then hopped into his truck and headed off to Grants. When Dave pulled up he saw grant looking at his tractor's engine. Dave got out walked up to Grant and said, “He Grant how ya doin and what's wrong with her.”
Grant replied, “Good and she just died on me.”
Dave replied, “Alright let me take a look at her.” Dave walked over to where Grant was standing and exhamend the tractor.
Grant said, “I may be seeing things but I think my fuel line is broke.”
Dave looked at the fuel line and noticed a crack in it. Dave looked at Grant and said, “Well you are right it is shot I can order one tonight and install it tomorrow does that work?”
Grant replied, “Ya I got another tractor that I can use.”
Dave replied, “Alright then I will see ya tomorrow.”
Grant said, “Alright sounds good see ya tomorrow.” Dave then headed back to his house. When he got back he noticed Roses car was gone. Dave walked inside and hopped inside to clean himself. Dave then called Rose to find where she was at.
She had said she was heading out to eat and could join her if he wanted. Dave looked at his watch and noticed that it was already noon. Dave about crapped his pants his day flew by. Dave then hopped in his truck and headed to meet Rose for lunch.
Dave sat down and said, “You look nice.”
Rose replied, “Thank you how was work you were gone longer than I thought you would.”
Dave replied, “It was good and ya Grant called me up and asked if I could help him with a tractor of his that broke down so I headed down to his place.”
Rose replied, “Ah that's nice of you did you get it fixed?”
Dave replied, “No, I need to order him a new fuel line.” Rose nodded her head and then ordered her meal. Dave did the same.
They ate then Rose asked, “ Alright what do you want to do today?”
Dave replied, “ I don't care I will do whatever you want to do.”
Rose asked, “Do you want to go and watch a movie?”
Dave replied, “Sure what movie?”
Rose replied, “I don't know we can decide when we get there.”
Dave replied, “Sounds good.” Dave and Rose then headed to the movies. When they got there they decided to watch the movie The Boss. Dave and Rose both laughed so hard. After the movie was over they had to go to Liv’s and pick up the kids.
When they were about to leave Rose looked at Dave and asked, “ Do you want to stop in at my sisters I mean we are close.”
Dave replied, “Sure that sounds good.” Dave then headed over to the Cheesman's. Dave pulled up and walked up and knocked on the door. Kyle opened the door and invited them in.
Kyle walked over and got Gloria. Gloria looked at them and said, “Hey how are you guys doing?”
Rose replied, “Great what about you guys.”
Gloria replied, “We are doing good say what you guys doing here?”
Rose replied, “Well we were just at moms so we thought we would swing by.”
Gloria replied, “Well good glad you guys are here.”
Kyle looked at Dave and asked, “Do you want a beer?”
Dave replied, “Sure what you got?”
Kyle responded, “We have yuengling and miller light.”
Dave replied, “I will take a yuengling.” Kyle grabbed the beer then him and Dave headed down into the basement.
Dave asked, “Do you guys have the NHL network?”
Kyle replied, “Yup.” Kyle then scrolled down to see what was on. Kyle asked, “Does Capitals game work?”
Dave replied, “That works.”Dave and Kyle then sat down at the bar and had their drinks.
Kyle asked, “ Who do you want to win.”
Dave replied, “I want the Maple Leafs to win but I think the Capitals will win.”
Dave finished his drink and just then Rose yelled down the stairs for Dave to come up. Dave walked up stairs to see Rose getting her coat on. Dave walked over grabbed his coat and said, “See ya Kyle.”
Kyle replied, “See ya.” They then headed out.
On there way back Dave looked at Rose and asked, “Why did we leave so early?”
Rose replied, “I didn't want to be over there annoying them with the boys.”
Dave replied, “Oh got ya well did you have a nice time talking to Gloria?”
Rose replied, “I did what about you?”
Dave replied, “Good we watched a little hockey.”
Rose replied, “That's good.” Finally when they got back it was about time for supper so Dave grabbed some sausage from the freezer to grill up. Dave and Rose sat down to eat when the boys started to cry. Rose changed Hunters diaper while Dave changed Remingtons. After seeing that Dave wasn't to hungry but he still ate.
Dave then grabbed one of the boys walked into the living room and sat down on his chair turned on the hockey game and relaxed.
Rose sat down on the couch with the other boy and asked, “Hockey really.”
Dave replied, “I am gonna watch hockey you can go watch something else if you want.”
Rose replied, “No it's fine I will watch hockey.”
Dave then got up and made himself a mixed drink and sat down and rocked with one of his boys on his lap. After the game was over Dave looked outside and noticed that there was still a an hour or two of sun left. Dave handed the remote to Rose and said, “I am gonna fish I will be back.” Dave walked into the garage grabbed his lawn chair and grabbed two beers and headed out to the pond.
Dave set his chair down baited his pole cast it out then plopped himself down in the chair and cracked open a one of his beers.  He sat there and just looked over the tree line and watched the sunset. After it got so dark for Dave to see his pole he reeled it in grabbed his empty two can and grabbed his chair and gear and headed in.
When Dave walked in Rose was lying on the couch sleeping with Hunter and Remington sleeping with her. Dave walked over woke her up and got them all to bed. Dave then walked back turned off the TV and headed to bed. When Dave laid down he remembered he had to order the part.
Dave got up grabbed his computer and ordered the new part. He then headed to bed and go to sleep.

Dave woke up and and grabbed the boys and headed into the kitchen. He grabbed the boys there bottle and heated it up to give them. He fed it to them and made breakfast for himself. Dave then grabbed the phone and called Grant. He told him he would be over around one to install the fuel line. After he hung up the phone he saw Rose walking into the kitchen.
Dave looked at her and asked, “What are you doing up.”
Rose replied, “I don’t know I just woke up.”
Dave nodded and said, “Alrighty then.”
Rose looked at Dave and asked, “What is your plan for today?”
Dave replied, “Well at one I am going to grants to replace the fuel line then maybe seeing if I can get a wild hog you?”
Rose replied, “I don't know probably clean and don't forget we have my mom's easter tonight.”
Dave replied, “Oh ya I totally forgot about that.”
Rose replied, “I figured you did that is why I said it and we have to bring deviled eggs.”
Dave said, “Are you gonna make that because I know you like to.”
Rose replied, “Yes I was gonna make them.”
Dave said, “Good well then I might go after some hogs now. I will be back see ya.”
Dave then got in cameo and grabbed his gun and headed out into the woods. He walked up in his treestand and sat down. Just a couple of minutes in Dave heard the low ruffling snort that they have. Dave grabbed his gun to be prepared just in case if it walked out into the opening in front of him.
Sure enough the hog came out in the opening. Dave pulled up aimed and pulled the trigger. The pullet soared through the air and hit the bore right above the shoulder which caused the hog to drop dead in its tracks. Dave walked down out of his stand and went and retrieved the hog before a bear came to inspect the noise. Dave dragged it back to the house where he hung it up to butcher it.
He skinned the bore and then cut the meat up. He cut bacon slivers off for fresh bacon. While he was butchering the hog he saw the mailman drive up with the fuel line. Dave cleaned his hands with the hose and signed for the package. He set the package by his truck then finished up the hog. He put the hog in the freezer then cleaned himself up.
Dave then hopped in his truck and headed to Grants. He texted Grant saying he was on his way. When Dave pulled in Grant was waiting by the tractor. Dave walked up got the old fuel line out and installed the new one. It didn't take him that long and when he was done Grant offered him a beer. Dave declined and headed back home.
When Dave got back Rose was sitting in the living room with the TV on watching a movie. Dave sat down on his chair and said, “Hey Rose whats up.”
Rose looked at Dave and replied, “I think I am gonna have a lazy day just watch the boys and watch some movies.”
Dave asked, “Alright then do you mind if I go out get some wood and get some work done around the house?”
Rose replied, “Sure that is fine I can take care of the boys.”
Dave asked, “ Are you sure?”
Rose replied, “Yes now go get doing work.” Dave walked out of the room and into the garage. He grabbed the chainsaw the maul and hooked the log splitter up to the four wheeler. He then hopped on the four wheeler and headed into the woods to cut up some dead trees. He rode on the path and stopped at a tree that had fallen over the path.
He hopped down and took his chainsaw and walked over to the tree. He pulled the cord and the chainsaw let out with its glories roar. He then began to cut the wood. After he had the tree section that was over the path split he started the log splitter. He sat down on a log and began splitting the wood. Finally after an hour of sweat, back pain, and wood the was finally done. He stacked the wood along the path. He then checked the rest of the paths. He back was hurting so much he just would cut the tree in the path then move it out of the way.
He then headed back to the house and hopped on the lawn mower. He mowed the lawn which took him another two hours to complete. While he was mowing he noticed some branches that he needed to cut down off the tree.
When he put the mower back in the garage he grabbed his tree pruner and headed back into the yard to give the trees a little trimming. He moved all the brush into a pile whipped the sweat off of his face and looked down at his watch. It was 5:30. Dave walked into the house and plopped down in his chair and relaxed.
Rose looked at Dave and asked, “Do you want to hang out tonight with a old friend of mine and her husband?”
Dave replied, “Sure but I am gonna need a  shower and a nap before we go though.”
Rose replied, “Good they said we could come anytime after eight.”
Dave asked, “What made them ask?”
Rose replied, “Well she posted a picture of her and her husband on facebook and I told her we should meet up sometime,and she said well what about tonight we have nothing going on so I said sure.”
Dave nodded and replied, “Alright sounds good well I am gonna go shower then take a nap.” Dave walked into his room grabbed some clothes and hopped into the shower. When Dave got out of his shower he put underwear on and headed into bed. As he laid down he let out a sigh and closed his eyes.
The next thing he knew Rose was in the room waking him up. Dave looked at the clocked and saw that it was Seven. Dave rolled out of bed and got up and got dressed. He then walked into the living room and sat down in his chair and turned on the TV. He heard Rose messing around in the kitchen so he said, “Honey can you grab me a beer and some food.”
Rose walked in with a baloney sandwich and a beer. Dave grabbed it and said, “Thanks”
Rose replied, “No problem.” Dave engulfed the sandwich and drank the beer. When it was 7:30 Dave got up put his shoes on and headed out the door to his truck with Rose waiting in the seat.
When Dave got in the truck he looked at Rose and asked, “Where are the kids?”
Rose replied, “While you were sleeping my mom came and got them.”
Dave said, “Wow well thanks.” Dave and Rose then Pulled up at Rose's friends Alexis's. They pulled in and Rose walked up to the door and rang the doorbell.
Alexis answered the door and invited them in. Dave walked in with Rose and walked over to the kitchen. Dave walked in and the house was very ornate. Dave thought to himself that they must have a little bit of money. Dave walked in and said, “This house is very nice.”
Alexis replied, “Thank you me and my husband spent a lot of time and money into this place.”
Dave looked at Alexis and replied, “ Oh so you are married.”
Alexis replied, “Yeah he is away on business right now.”
Dave said, “Oh got ya.” Dave made a motion for Rose to come over.
Rose walked over and asked, “What?”
Dave replied, “Can I go home I mean my back hurts and I am tired and her husband is not here.”
Rose replied, “Just have one drink then you can go home and I will go with you then bring a car back so I have a way home.”
Dave replied, “Ok that's good .”
Dave finished his beer set it down on the table and winked at Rose.
Rose looked at Alexis and said, “Dave has to go to work early in the morning so we are gonna go home then I will come back because we only brought one vehicle.”
Alexis replied, “Ok that is fine it can give me a chance to call my husband.” So Rose and Dave hopped in the truck and headed home. When they got there Dave hopped out and headed into the living room. When he got there he said goodbye to Rose and sat down on his chair and turned on tv. The house was dead silent because Rose was gone and so were the kids.
He walked into the kitchen made himself a high ball and sat back down on the chair. He grabbed his computer and began to search trips to canada. When Dave was younger his family would always make a trip up to canada every other year. The fishing was great and he had made some friends up there.
He had kept in contact with them by social media and email and all that good stuff. As he was searching he wanted to stay in the same resort as he had when he was a kid. He got on the website and looked up Elmhirst Resort. The resort was expensive but it looked like it was worth the money.
One of the good memories he had there was when he went up when he was younger his grandpa had passed away they had planted a buckeye tree in front of the cabin he always stayed at in remembrance of him.
They had put a buckeye tree there because his grandad was always there and had gone there since he was a kid also because he grew up in ohio. Dave then texted Rose to ask if they could go on vacation to Canada. When Rose replied sure Dave set up the Dates and for two weeks long in the middle of july so there would be good Muskie fishing and Walleye. After Dave booked the trip he set the computer down and realized that his tv was still on. He leaned back took swigs out of his drink and watched his program. After a couple of mixed drinks he heard Rose walk in the door.
Dave turned around and asked, “Hey your home how was it?”
Rose replied, “It was good and what made you want to go to Canada?”
Dave replied, “Well when I grew up I always went to Canada and I want to start that tradition up again.”
Rose replied, “Oh ok got ya. Well I am heading to bed you can join me whenever you feel like coming to bed.”
Dave looked down at his drink then looked up at Rose and said, “I will be in in a little bit I am almost done with this drink.”
Rose replied, “Alright sounds good.” Rose then walked to there bedroom. Dave finished his drink turned off the TV and headed to bed.

Dave woke up and rolled over to look at the clock. To Dave's surprising it was already 9 o’clock. Dave rolled over and noticed that Rose wasn't there. Dave got up and got dressed and headed into the bathroom to shower. After Dave got done showering he put his clothes on and headed into the kitchen.
When Dave got in there Rose was at the oven cooking pancakes. She looked  over at him and said, “Oh good you're up I was just about to go and get you the first batch is almost done.” Dave sat down at the kitchen table and asked, “We have your mom's easter today don't we?”
Rose replied, “Yes we do because we had your mom's last weekend.”
Dave said, “Ok that is what I thought.” Rose then set a plate of pancakes down in front of Dave. Dave said, “Thank you.”
Rose replied, “You are welcome.” Dave got up grabbed the syrup out of the fridge and began to eat the pancakes. After he got done with the plate Rose took the plate and put another stack of pancakes on it.
Dave engulfed the pancakes and when Rose went to grab his plate a third time Dave said, “No thank you Im good.”
Rose then cleaned off his plate then said, “I have to go shower so get stuff ready to go because we are gonna leave after I get out of the shower and dressed.”
Dave replied, “Alright that sounds good.” Rose walked into the bedroom and Dave grabbed the eggs out of the fridge that Rose had made and set them on the counter. Dave then walked into the room and sat down on his chair and turned on the tv. After about 30 minutes of waiting Rose walked out of the bathroom ready to go.
Dave got up put his shoes on grabbed his keys and headed out into the truck. Rose hopped in and they headed off to Roses moms house. Not to Dave's surprise but they were the first ones there. Dave looked at Rose and asked, “Why are we the first ones here.”
Rose replied, “That is because our kids are here remember.”
Dave replied, “Oh ya I forgot. Ooops oh well.”
They got out and headed up to the door. Rose rang the doorbell and then headed in. She walked in and Liv walked over and asked, “Hi how are you guys?”
Rose replied, “Good how were the boys?”
Liv replied, “They were good they didn't cry to much.”
Rose replied in shock, “Seriously?”
Liv replied, “Ya they were good kids. If you want them they are sleeping in the bedroom.”
Rose looked at Dave and asked, “Can you go and get them?”
Dave replied, “Sure.” Dave walked down the hall and into one of the bedrooms. He grabbed Hunter and Remington out of their cribs. When Dave picked Remington up he felt his full diaper. Dave set Hunter down and changed Remington's diaper. Dave then picked Hunter up and headed into the living room.
When Dave got in he saw the rest of the family there. Dave set the boys down in a high chair and walked over to Kyle and asked, “Hey how you doin?”
Kyle replied, “Good you?”
Dave replied, “Good.” Dave then walked in the kitchen and made himself a 7 on 7. He looked at Kyle and asked, “You want one?”
Kyle replied, “Yes please.” Dave made Kyles drink and he set it down on the table next to him. Kyle grabbed it and took a swig. Dave then began to walk outside. Dave stepped outside and looked out into the woods from Liv's porch.
Kyle walked out and said, “It sure is nice here.”
Dave replied, “Yes it is and I bet Liv was stressed out because she semi looked like it when we got here.”
Kyle replied, “Ya, say how do you like it in your new house?”
Dave replied, “Good I love it there is so much fish in the pond and so much wildlife. Sometimes I just sit and watch the animals walk by.”
Kyle replied, “Wow that is nice.”
Dave said, “I know heck one time I was going shooting and a bear scared the s*** out of me and I went after it and all I did was watch the bear graze the field with her cubs.”
Kyle replied, “Wow that is nice.”
Dave replied, “It was say I notice the kids aren't here where are they.”
Kyle replied, “My mom is watching them they came down with something so my mom said she would watch them while we were here so we could come obviously.”
Dave replied, “That's nice of her.”
Kyle replied, “Ya it was especially because my mom had them all day today so me and Rose had the whole day to ourselves.”
Dave said, “That is nice say I forgot to ask how was the concert? I was at work when Rose dropped them off and I just kept forgetting to ask.”
Kyle replied, “It was really fun we had a great night. When we were there we saw some old friends that happened to go so we were with them most of the night so it was really fun.”
Dave replied, “That is good how was the music?”
Kyle replied, “It was good.”
Just then Gloria walked out and said, “ It's time to eat.” Dave and Kyle walked inside and walked into the kitchen. Before they ate they prayed and then they went and got food. Dave sat down at the table where Liv had set little seating positions. Rose sat at the table next to the boys and fed them as she ate.
Finally they got done eating so they headed outside and sat down on the porch. After about an hour on the porch Kyle and Gloria got up to say they had to go because of the kids. After Kyle and Gloria left Dave looked at Rose and asked, “When do you want to head home?”
Rose replied, “ We can leave now.” So Dave and Rose popped up and said their goodbyes then headed to the truck. They hopped in the truck and took off towards home. Finally when Dave and Rose got back it was turning dark. Dave walked in the house with Hunter and Rose came in with Remington.
Dave set the boys down in the crib and headed to the kitchen. Dave looked at Rose and asked, “Do you want to play a hand of cards?”
Rose replied, “I would love to.” Dave walked made him and Rose a drink then walked over to the table where Rose was sitting with the cards.
Dave asked, “What we playing?”
Rose replied, “What about dummy rummy?”
Dave replied, “Sounds good.” Dave began to deal. After about an hour of playing cards Dave looked at the clock and saw that it was 10 o’clock. Dave said, “One more hand then I am gonna head to bed.”
Rose replied, “Sounds good to me.”
Dave ended up losing the round so Him and Rose headed off to bed. Dave checked on the boys to make sure they were fine then he headed into bed. He turned on the tv and watched the tale end of the movie Grumpy Old Men. After the movie ended he closed his eyes and fell asleep with contentment.


THE END!!!!!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.