You.. | Teen Ink

You..

By ZealousHeart, St. Joseph, Missouri
ZealousHeart, St. Joseph, Missouri

Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.

Summary:

Seventeen year old Brandon Baker is reeling from the events of last Spring that brought his plans for a breezy last summer of high school to a screeching halt. After the attempted suicide of his best friend, Devon, Brandon must learn to move on from the events of a few months ago. But is forgiving and forgetting so simple when the past that you're trying to escape won't let go of you.

ZealousHeart

You..

theblondechick GOLD, Kingsport, Tennessee

I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited.
-Sylvia Path

Oh, wow! It's so heartbreaking. I was only planning to read the first chapter, but the characters just sucked me. They had so much character and depth. I felt for Brandon and Devon, and even Stacy. (How I would love to know their backstory!) You write with maturity and an understanding that I don't see in a lot of writers my age. I would love to see you finnish this. I certainly would be up to read it.

AutumnMoon BRONZE, Lebanon, Maine

"We see our better selves in the eyes of those who love us." -Cassandra Clare

I was very impressed by this story. It was heartbreaking and hopeful all at the same time. I am truley interested in what happens to the characters and I feel like I know them. About half way down your third chapter (when Stacy and Brandon are talking in the car) you forgot the 't' at the end of 'but.' Besides that, it looks wondeful. Great job!