Impossible Dreams | Teen Ink

Impossible Dreams

December 5, 2013
By TaylorMadrid, Madrid, Iowa
TaylorMadrid, Madrid, Iowa
0 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Masks: She had blue skin and so did he. He kept it hid and so did she. They searched for blue their whole lives through, then passed right by and never knew.


Summary:

Angel lost his leg from the knee down two years ago. He no longer can do the things he loves to do. This all changes when the doctors say that he can get a prosthetic leg. With the help of a friend, can he play again?


Taylor R.

Impossible Dreams


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 5 comments.


on Dec. 29 2013 at 2:54 am
mereCat PLATINUM, Horsham, Other
46 articles 0 photos 183 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am finally colouring inside the lines I live between"

Thanks so much for all your comments on my work :) i'm always glad to hear what people think - good or bad!

TaylorMadrid said...
on Dec. 28 2013 at 5:38 pm
TaylorMadrid, Madrid, Iowa
0 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Masks: She had blue skin and so did he. He kept it hid and so did she. They searched for blue their whole lives through, then passed right by and never knew.

Btw I'll try to read and comment on your work:)

TaylorMadrid said...
on Dec. 28 2013 at 5:37 pm
TaylorMadrid, Madrid, Iowa
0 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Masks: She had blue skin and so did he. He kept it hid and so did she. They searched for blue their whole lives through, then passed right by and never knew.

THhnks so much for responding. After 20-some people had read the book and not posted any comments, I was starting to loose hope. I am really glad that you could relate to my story and enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it...

on Dec. 27 2013 at 3:07 am
mereCat PLATINUM, Horsham, Other
46 articles 0 photos 183 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am finally colouring inside the lines I live between"

I do like the book; I think it's well written and the idea behind it is powerful and individual. Is there any more? Or is it ending withthis hope for the future? I think it's a good way to  but it's quite abupt, I'd like to see him and Skylar overcoming his challeneges. Last year I fell off a friend's horse and broke my wrist, shortly after, I broke my elbow. Because, for me, dance is everything I was really worried that my dancing was going to be damaged by my injuries (obviously nothing as bad as Skylar or Angel but both were quite bad breaks) and the doctor said i couldn't do any sport or anything for however many weeks which was pretty devastating. I had to miss doing my ballet exam twice, as well as doing a contemporary dance show at school. However I went to every single dance class all the same and stood and the back just doing footwork meanign that I was able to keep on top of all the dancing even if i couldn't do it properly and my bones all healed up fine :) I'm really glad there's a story about something similar (alot worse than mine but similar) on teen ink because i have a really vivid memory of my best friend's party the day after i broke my shoulder and everyone else was dancing around and i was sitting on the couch in pain feeling completely rubbish and pretty disabled. Her mum insisted on cutting up my tortilas for me whcih just made me feel even more stupid and disabled and it seemed pretty hopeless but i overcame it in the end. By the way, i'm really glad it's not just me who's desperately searching for people to read and comment on my work. I totally understand that need for feedback so you can improve your work! Sorry, very long comment, congrats for reaching the end!

TaylorMadrid said...
on Dec. 9 2013 at 2:11 pm
TaylorMadrid, Madrid, Iowa
0 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Masks: She had blue skin and so did he. He kept it hid and so did she. They searched for blue their whole lives through, then passed right by and never knew.

Hey, I was just wondering if you like the book. Any response would be very helpful so that I could potentially improve it.