To Die a Samurai | Teen Ink

To Die a Samurai

By violinpolo1 GOLD, Cedar City, Utah
violinpolo1 GOLD, Cedar City, Utah

I have an enormous sea shell collection, I keep it scattered on beaches across the world.

Summary:

I step into the halls, heading for the gardens once again. On my way, I pass Kamakura’s room. Through the rice paper walls I heard hurried whispers. I stop to listen. Almost immediately the whispers stop as well. I hear a window screen slide and soft thuds as whoever Kamakura had been speaking with exits the room. I frown. Cockiness and disrespect towards the emperor, and now secret whispered meetings? Just what is he up to? I shudder to think. Kamakura had been bitter when his uncle took control, but everyone until now assumed he had accepted the change. Now I think perhaps not.

I change directions and head back to my room. I don once again my yukata kimono and head to the cooking house. I show one of the cooks my family symbol and he gives me what I ask, several pounds of animal fat. Servants and nobles alike stare openly as I scramble up and down pillars and pile objects to allow me to reach the higher, solid wood walls of the shogunate house. Ninja comply with the demands of whoever bids the highest, and Kamakura has a lot to bid. I can’t be sure that’s what he is plotting, but I’m certain he is going to attempt to regain power. His sudden change in demeanor only makes it seem likely that whatever he tries, it will be soon.

Natalie C.

To Die a Samurai

violinpolo1 GOLD, Cedar City, Utah

Thank you for the compliments! I'm glad I was able to create an engaging story.

IMSteel BRONZE said...
IMSteel BRONZE, Wallhala, South Carolina

"Learn from Yesterday, live for Today, hope for Tomorrow" - Albert Einstein

"Brevity is the Soul of Wit" - The Which

This is a great story! It is simple, but elegant, very like the Japanese culture itself. You delivered information perfectly: in a way that didn't disrupt the reader's grasp of the story. Great read!