Pick Up Lines and Flirting

By iWriteForFood SILVER, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
iWriteForFood SILVER, Murfreesboro, Tennessee

"Logic will get you from point A to point B. Imagination will take you everywhere." ~Albert Einstein

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Summary:

When Clara's mom forces her to got to summer camp to 'do something with her summer,' Clara isn't exactly happy about it. But with an energetic counselor, a few awesome friends, and one extremely cute boy, she just might change her mind.

Emily B.

Pick Up Lines and Flirting

on Oct. 11 2013 at 11:58 am
Forever-A-Camper BRONZE, Blacksburg, Virginia

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If any mind fills with clouds, I will chase it away and fill it with sunshine.
JUST FOR TODAY, I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things I can correct and accept those things I cannot.
JUST FOR TODAY, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought, and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.
JUST FOR TODAY, I will make a conscious effort to to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking.
JUST FOR TODAY, I will refrain from improving anyone but myself.
JUST FOR TODAY, I will do something positive to improve my health. If I am a smoker, I'll quit. If I am overweight, I'll eat more healthfully - if only just for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.
JUST FOR TODAY, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.

yay!!! you are such a great writer.  do you think you could read my poem? In Search of the Music?

on Oct. 8 2013 at 9:09 pm

I don't know about a second summer, but I'm definitely considering writing something about after camp is over and they're all back to normal lives. If I do, it will definitely be up here, but I make no promises as to when that will be. Possibly as early as December or January, but like I said, I make no promises. :)

on Oct. 8 2013 at 5:24 pm

I loved this book so much.  Do you plan on writing a second summer?

on Oct. 7 2013 at 3:18 pm

Camp Willow Lake is actually not real. I based some of the aspects of it on a camp I go to every summer, but for the most part, it is made up. Thanks for reading!

on Oct. 6 2013 at 5:31 pm

Oh my gosh!!! i love your story. I'm only half way through chapter 2 but I'm in love with it.  If my name doesn't make it obvious I'm a huge Summer Camper.  i'm just curious is Willow Lake a real camp or made up?

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!