Dear No One

By , Netanya, Israel
Author's note: One thing that inspired me was finally accepting the fact that I failed, and learning how to move...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: One thing that inspired me was finally accepting the fact that I failed, and learning how to move on from there. That is the message of this story and it doesn't matter what the struggle is, you can manage to relate with this story.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

An Unexpected Turn

Dear No one,
It wasn't supposed to be this way. I was supposed to be good at school. At every subject, in every test, ALL THE TIME. But I failed. Literally. I failed the only thing I thought I was good at. One day I'm so motivated to excel, the next I', crying in the bathroom because I feel like I can't handle and adjust to high school standards. What if I can't? I feel lost. I hate this! It's not fair, and I know life isn't supposed to be, but I was taught that if you work hard you'll be able to do anything. I don't even believe in myself anymore. It seems so far. Success. It seems like something so unreal. I don't know how to live without school and good grades; It's all I really have. I never had a lot many friends, but I wouldn't let that get to me too much. I play the piano, but lately it seems like I've only been practicing to try and raise my concentration level for tests. Like suddenly, everything I used to do for fun is now something I do for school. The only pure thing I have left is this. My thoughts. How I feel. I'm so tired of crying over grades. I should cry about tragedies, not D's. I don't sleep. I wake up for the few hours I do, go to school for eight hours, then come back just to study until it gets dark. I thought that if I'd devote myself to this, it would be worth it. That I'd feel so good, but I feel worse everyday. I've talked about this to everyone I know. Now it's time to write this to someone I don't Please reply.
Sincerely,
A frustrated teenage girl
P.S.
What are your difficulties in life?

Fold. Envelope. Stamp. Random, yet possible address. Now, to the post office.
"Well, here it goes" Madeline said to herself as she shoved the envelope into the mail box. She walked away thinking how great it would be if "No One" could become "Someone", and even better - with an answer to her problem.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

. said...
Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:53 am
great story