Seattle Streets

Author's note: I hope everyone really understands the importance of friendship and of pushing yourself to do...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope everyone really understands the importance of friendship and of pushing yourself to do what scares you after they read this book.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

The Beginning

As we all huddled around the fire carrying on conversations of no real importance, you could feel the boredom. “Cut it with a knife” as the saying goes. You could hear the crackle of the fire, rain pounding down on the tin roof, and thunder roaring in the distance, along with the whispered conversations between my friends and me. Finally I spring to my feet with an idea that is brilliant beyond belief. “I have an idea” I croak. “What?” they all reply in unison. “Okay that was weird!” “But back to my idea.” I exclaim. “Here it is: we have a contest where each of us dresses up as someone who is like our exact opposite, our alter ego and roam around downtown Seattle for a whole day like this. Then we will all meet up here the night after and tell our tales. The person with the best story will get free soda and pizza.” They are all silent for a minute and I begin to get worried. Bad idea, definitely a bad idea! But all of the sudden they all start talking and giggling and saying things like “What a great idea!” ya! They loved my idea. Now I need to figure out who my alter ego is going to be.
We all sit around for the rest of the night planning one an-others exact opposite. First we all discuss what Gabby’s alter ego is going to be like. “Gabby is like crazy neon color, and in your face. So what would be the opposite of that?” I ask meeting each pair of eyes. “You” Gabby replies. “Somewhat yes, but not exactly I still wear pops of color and can be a little in your face in certain situations, you will have to wear black, gray, or white. No colors. Also, you will need to be like quiet, and cower from people when they get too close to you. That will also make it a funnier story!” I say as I laugh. Everyone laughs with me. We go on to discuss everyone else's “costumes” and then we all head home. Gabby decides to stay the night at my house. Machaella decides to go home, and the boys decide to stay at Dalton’s house (where we were at in the first place).
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »