Finding Me

Author's note: I don't really know where the idea for this one came up but I think people are really going to dig it.
Author's note: I don't really know where the idea for this one came up but I think people are really going to dig it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Prolouge

I open the top on the first bottle of smear'n' off ice and hand it to Jamie and I pull out another one. "Are you sure about this Jamie, I don't want to get in trouble."
"Taylor would you chill out, its just alcohol you'll be fine." Jamie takes a swig from her bottle and I open mine. "Beside this stuff won't give you more then a buzz unless you drink something else with it." I take a small drink and it cools my mouth. "See its not so bad."
"I'm gonna go find Eric." I say and walk away from her. I search the bottom floor and can't find him anywhere. "Hey, have you seen Eric?" I ask a couple guys that are sitting in the living room.
"He was headed upstairs a few minutes ago." Someone says.
"Why?" I ask.
They all look up at me. "Oh s***, Eric's in trouble."
I take the stairs two at a time and I hear his voice from Catie's parents bedroom. I throw door and don't believe what I see on the other side. Eric my boyfriend for the last seven months and my best friend Catie, making out.
"What the hell are you doing?" I scream.
They both jump back and look at me. "S*** Taylor..."
I turn around and run back down the stairs. Eric comes after me. "Taylor come on it didn't mean anything. It just kind of happened."
I ignore him and go out the back door. I finish the bottle of smear 'n' off and throw the bottle in the trash. I grab a cup of beer and chug it. "Damn Taylor I didn't know you drank." My brothers best friend, Jared, says.
"I do now." I say and grab another cup. "Is Bobby here?" I ask.
"Yeah somewhere, you need him?"
"No I need to avoid as much as possible, don't tell him you saw me."
"I won't but he already knows you're here, we saw your jeep."
"S***!" I say and finish the cup. I reach for another one but he stops me.
"You should slow down, you have to drive home." He says.
"I just saw my best friend making out with my boyfriend, and you're not going to let me drink?"
"Oh that's a bummer..." He looks at me for a minute. "Promise me you won't drive."
"I promise I won't drive." I say and he moves out of the way.
I grab two cups and walk out into the yard. I down them both and my mind goes foggy. But I'm not satisfied because I can still picture them kissing in my head. So I head back to the house for more. I pass the keg and go into the kitchen, Jamie comes up to me.
"Are you out of your mind?" She grabs my arm. "Drinking beer?"
"Why don't you ask Catie if I'm out of my mind, or maybe Eric...I think you can find both of them up stairs!" I shake her hand off and go to the bar. I grab a bottle of Tequila and head back outside.
"What are you doing?" She asks following me.
"Making myself feel better." I turn and look at her. "Catie made out with Eric!"
Her jaw drops and I walk away. I go back out side and grab another cup from the keg. I go back to my place the yard and drink the cup of beer and the I open the bottle and poor some into the cup. It burns going down but I start to feel it after the first cup. I drink about half the bottle and then go looking for Eric.
I find him in the living room with my brother and a couple other older guys. "Hey." I say and tap him on the shoulder.
He turns around and looks at the open bottle my hand. "Taylor..."
I slap him in the face with every ounce of strength I have. "You son of a b****!" I scream. "I hope you enjoyed it cause we're done! Do you hear me!"
Bobby comes over to me. "Taylor whats going on?" he asks. He looks at my face and then at Eric and then to the half empty bottle in my hand. "Have you been drinking?"
"He kissed Catie!" I yell. "He kissed my best friend!"
Bobby takes the bottle from my hand and Jamie pulls me out of the house. "Just relax Taylor, lets get you home." Jamie says.
"I don't want to go home." I say.
"Right,well how about you go to sleep in your jeep for a little bit?"
"That sound good..sleep." She helps me get in the car.
She stands outside smoking a cigarette. "Catie go back inside, don't do this right now." I hear her say.
I sit up and my head spins. I crawl out of the jeep. "Taylor, I swear it didn't mean anything. You're one of my best friends, I would never hurt you on purpose?" Catie says.
"Well you did hurt me!" I slap her hard, but not as hard as I slapped Eric.
I get in the driver seat of the jeep. "Taylor what are you doing?" Jamie asks.
"I'm going home." I say. "Where are my keys?"
"Taylor you're wasted, let me drive." Catie says.
"No!" I say. "Where the hell are my keys."
"I'll tell Bobby to drive you then come on don't be stupid." She says.
"I'm going home." I put the jeep in reverse and slam my foot on the gas. I barely miss a car on my way out of the driveway. When I get out to the road I turn towards home. The headlights in front of me are dancing in my vision but I keep the wheel steady.
When I pull into the drive way I lean over the passenger seat and throw up and then I lean back in my seat trying to make my head stop spinning. I pass out in my jeep in front of my house. When I open my eyes someone is shaking me.
"Taylor?" The man says. "Are you alright Taylor?"
"What?" I groan as my head pounds.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine, go away."
"Come on." He pulls me out of the jeep and I pass out again.