Asian Life

Author's note: My life inspired me to write a story and I want everyone to be given a chance in life and never...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My life inspired me to write a story and I want everyone to be given a chance in life and never give up on your dreams. With hard work you will get there one day.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next »

After school

When I left school life was a mess, I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I knew I had to choose fast. I wanted to do well and help my mum and dad. My grades weren’t that good. I could never revise at home. When I hit year 11 the teachers used to always ask do you have a place where you could revise at home. No I had 2 bedrooms and there were nine for us. How could I revise? My sister had one room all to her self. She used to always moan and cry so my mum let her have her own room. She was at college she needed a room for all her work. The other room was more like a family room we were all cramped up. But how could I tell them my parents would get into trouble and it wasn’t them to blame. Downstairs was noisy to so I could never revise, upstairs there was always some one in the room. The room we had all shared was always dirty there was damp on the ceiling and no space to put anything. I used to revise sometimes but I found it really hard. I used to miss dinner so I could go to the library and revise. I wanted to do well, I tried my best everyday. But I was just not good enough. I used to lie in school that I had my own bedroom; my friends could never come around because this bedroom never existed. Their bedrooms were real my friend Nila her bedroom was massive. She had glowing lights and everything pink. Her parents were so rich and they gave her whatever she wanted. There were 7 of us we couldn’t have what ever we wanted it was just too much. But her she was treated like a princess. She never asked to come to my house that’s what I liked about her. I wanted to be so successful. I wanted to give my mum, dad, sisters and little brother everything they ever wanted. But how could I do that. I needed someone to help me but did not know where to go or what to do.