Snowstorm

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Chapter 1: Alarms and Tacos

Travis
First off, let me say this. The words I am writing in this notebook cannot convey the coolness of this mall, but here goes nothing. The mall is circular. That’s right, circular. In the center of the mall is a sort of spring looking elevator. It was shaped in a spiral, and the elevator boxes - which are what you go in - travel on the spiral. There are two of them, and they look sort of intertwined. You go into an elevator, and then you press which floor you want to go to. There are 59 floors. You also press if you want to go to the west or east side of the mall, because the mall is really big and it takes a really long time to get from one side to the other. On one wall is one of those”**YOU ARE HERE**” maps, and it showed my location as Attu (Google it if you don't know where that is).
Well, my location was a surprise, but that means that I’ll meet really exotic Eskimo people here. Anyway, I’m hungry, so I’m going to go get a pizza. There’s this Italian place on floor 17W (17 West) called Pizza Lords, and I’m looking forward to Alaskan pizza.

Sam
Hello reader person (I hope you are a person, because if your not, another sentient race that might attack the humans exist)! Welcome to Alaska. I hope you realize that you are not actually in Alaska, but if you don’t, then here it is. You are not in Alaska (GASP!). You are just reading about being in Alaska. But I hope that you are smart enough to understand that this is just a book. Well, I have a few hours until my schedule, otherwise known as the Holy Covenant, begins. I was surfing the web, and I found this really cool restaurant. I don’t remember the name right now, but I’m going there. Bye!

Ok. I finally got to the restaurant, and as soon as my taco arrived, the extremely loud alarm started going off. If 140 decibels of sound cause deafness, then this alarm was 200+ decibels. Apparently, a huge storm was coming, and the mall had to be evacuated. Well, I’m not going. This is Alaska! Aren’t big storms supposed to happen? I’m just going to stay inside the mall and enjoy a nice, juicy taco. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... spicy ground tofu. Wait a minute... why’s that kid in that pizza shop still there?