Life's Long Journey: Cindy's Choice

Author's note: I was inspired to write this piece when I read an article about the 9/11 attack. I was fascinated...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this piece when I read an article about the 9/11 attack. I was fascinated and completely scared after reading it. I decided to write about a girl's journey after she was being affected by the attack, as well.
I hope people will understand that real people are going through or have gone through something similar, sometimes resulting in something far worse then becoming Gothic. I hope people will be able to put themselves in Cindy's shoes and figure out how they would deal with a loved one dying. I hope people will learn and love my story!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9

Chapter 9

When Cindy arrived at the orphanage, she immediately felt lonely. There were numerous boys there and about seven girls. There were boys of many ages, three were Cindy’s age, and a ten, five, seven, even a three year old. There was only two girls who were Cindy’s age, but one girl stood out to Cindy. She was often picked on for being short. She had blonde hair, the same shade as Cindy. As time the day went on, she often stood up for the girl. She was 14 years old, only two years younger than Cindy. This orphanage had the kids do chores. Cindy was in charge of emptying trash and lawn chores.
This week was very important because it began the open house for parents to come and look for a child to take into their homes. Today was the first day. The first family arrived at 9:30. It was a man and a woman. They were very chubby. The woman was very jolly. The man, however, didn’t seem to want to be there. They left about an hour later. They did find a young girl they wanted. Her name was Shelby. She particularly didn’t like the couple, but she was seven and was under aged to make any decision. The next day, a girl arrived. Cindy found out she was from her neighborhood. She soon recognized her.
“Sara? Sara Waldon? Is that you?”Cindy inquired of the girl.
She looked at Cindy. She looked confused.
“Yeah, who are you?” she asked.
Cindy was shocked.
“Remember? I’m Cindy from school? Why are you here?” Cindy asked Sara.
Sara didn’t answer. She just walked away. Cindy then knew why. Both her parents were gone.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9