I AM ME

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »

Practicing

Walking quickly away, I walked towards a man who was handing out scripts.
“ Character?” he asked, not bothering to look up.
“ Uh... Korra,” I said as quietly as possible. His eyes widened as he looked up.
“ Here you go, Miss,” he said, smiling.
I nodded at him and went back to my trailer. I highlighted my lines and noticed that they took up most of the page. I’d have to memorize a lot!
Since it was Saturday, no tutor! Yeah! Instead, I hung out in my trailer, watching movies and memorizing the lines. Kim came over later and we did our lines together, telling each other when to put a little more emotion into a line. Her hair was straighter and bouncy. Her eyes had green contacts in it and her skin was paler than before. She was wearing a black shirt with a brown vest over it with tight jeans underneath, tucked into black boots.
“ Woah,” I said when she stepped in.
“ You look so different,” she said, staring at my face.
I took a glance in the mirror and saw a flicker of shock come over that girl’s face. I looked so different. I looked at Kim again and smiled.
“ You’re always so quiet. You listen more than you talk, don’t you?” Kim said.
“ Yea, I guess. There never really was any need for me to talk, back in Chicago. I liked to blend in...” My voice trailed off. I was really blending in now. How many girls auditioned for a movie part and actually made it? Not many.
How was I going to be able to do this? I wasn’t brave... or smart. I was just regular. I was probably going to freak out at the sight of those cameras.
“ Ash! Ash!” Kim’s voice cut into my thoughts. I looked up at her. Her eyes looked worried.
“ I just... How am I going to do this?” I asked.
“ Ash... Look at me,” said Kim. My eyes had trailed to my lap and they snapped back up at her.
“ You are special. You are the lead of a movie. A movie! You are going to do fine. Everyone gets nervous before a performance, even if it’s big or small. I bet Emma Watson got nervous the first time she had to go in front of cameras! Now... relax!” Her green eyes were narrowed and glaring at me.
I gulped and nodded.
“ Now.... Come on. Let’s practice!” she said, dumping her script on my bed.