Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

AvengedJasonfoldForever said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 10:20 pm:

J7X Feedback: you asked for it!

I used to call this simon feedback but J7X is only 3 letters and I am lazy. However one thing that I am very incredibly passionate about is comedy and I've studied the art of satire to the point where I actually taught a 12th grade honors english class how to write a good satire after my "high school survival guides" caused a stir... 

all credibility aside I think this story shows promise for you as a writer but not necessarily a satirist. I ... (more »)

AvengedJasonfoldForever replied...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 11:12 pm :

in case it didn't post;

I don't like Twilight either but I think she's a good writer from what little I've read of hers. (the movie sucked)

sorry for assuming that you wrote romances (all excuses aside lol)

Annnnnd I've been working on a sci-fi novel for 5 years trying to make my protag super unique and stuff. Most fantasy/sci-fi protags are the same--especially in teen lit. I wonder if yours is/are unique because you seem like a pretty mature writer and that usually lead... (more »)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 11, 2011 at 11:40 pm :

It's okay for assuming I write romances; a lot of teenage girls do. :)

And thanks for saying I'm a pretty mature writer.  I like to think I am.  (Yes, me and my super ego).

I have a favourite piece of sci-fi/fantasy (it's sort a mix, but it's more sci-fi than fantasy), but currently I'm writing a second draft.  I've been neglecting it lately, but when I finally do get around to finishing it, I will post it on Teen Ink.  Right now the title I'm working with is... (more »)

AvengedJasonfoldForever replied...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 12:08 am :

wow that's a long school year I graduated in may...

anyway I have a tendency to hesitate sending first draft stuff in favor of sending 2nd drafts too but I think for the sake of feedback it doesn't matter which you send unless you're changing the whole story up or something.

make things faster you can send it to .j.h.e.w.e.t..t.7.2. at y.a.h.o.o.. (no periods in it) if you're cool with using email instead of this slow website lol

.Izzy. said...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 5:45 pm:
I just read Romeo and Juliet in my English class a few months ago, I really loved that book, though I did think Romeo was a bit of a creep even in the original :b This was very funny and I really enjoyed it. Good job!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 9, 2011 at 10:19 pm :
Thanks for the comment, .Izzy.!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody.  And you're right, Romeo was a bit of a creep in the original.

NavishJ. said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:42 pm:

This was excellent! :) In the beginning, I have to be honest, I was a little confused. The man was talking in old English, "What wondrous place didst that alchemist bring me to?" And then, Juliet and Paris were talking about texting. I thought that was odd. But, then, in the end, I understood that the man (Shakespeare) time-traveled to the future for an idea for his play.

Also, I have to say that there should have been more to the ending. The beginning was fine, but the ending went a l... (more »)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:30 pm :

Thanks for the feedback, NavishJ!  I apologize for not separating Shakespeare from the text more, but this was my first submission and the italics I originally had those passages in got lost in the copying and pasting process. 

I know the ending was a bit quick, but really, there wasn't much to say.  And my English assignment was due. :)

I didn’t really describe Romeo and Juliet because I wanted people to use their imaginations.  Everyone has a differen... (more »)

msp49 said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:15 pm:
This was great!  I'm not a fan of parodies, but I thought this was hilarious!  Good job and keep writing!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm :
Thanks, msp49!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody.

WiseGirl said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:14 am:
It's great! Love it!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:31 pm :
Thanks, WiseGirl!  I'm glad you took the time to read my novel.

WiseGirl replied...
Jun. 6, 2011 at 10:48 am :
No problem!

DinoNugget said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 8:38 pm:
Haha!  This was very funny!  I enjoyed the story very much.  Romeo as a creepy (pervert) stalker was very fitting.  Juliet's reaction to all of his antics was extremely realistic.  All in all, I loved this story.  Write on!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 8:40 pm :
Thanks so much, DinoNugget!  I got the idea of Romeo as a stalker from the reaction of my class when we read it.  Everyone was saying Romeo was a stalker, so I made him one!

DinoNugget replied...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 8:50 am :
Now that I've thought about it, I realized that you left out Morcutio!!  He totally MADE the Shakespeare play.  Another thing is that if Cat was to by Tybalt in the play, shouldn't she have been all against the union of the two instead of being somewhat encouraging?  Those are the only two things I have a small problem with.  Other that that, it's good.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 3, 2011 at 12:48 pm :

Actually, I didn't leave them out.  Shakespeare's inspiration for Mercutio and Benvolio was the two Cat fought against, Miranda and Betty. 

And in my parody, no one opposes Romeo and Juliet being together, except for Juliet.  This is because everyone opposes their union in the play.  The Big Idea here was to see what would have happened if Romeo and Juliet had a chance to love openly.  I think their love progressed so quickly in the play because i... (more »)

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 2:15 pm:
I thought this was hilarious. 5 stars.  But there are a few things that should be fixed.  It took a while to figure out that the different perspective was Shakespeare.  I liked how you kept it in the dark that it was him.  But I think you should've put something like a line or dots to let us know it was someone  else.   And I was a little confused about the timeline.  At first you made it clear that it was recent times,  and then at the Epilogue someh... (more »)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 2:20 pm :

Thanks for the comment, JoPepper!  I apologize for not making it clear some sections were from Shakespeare's perspective, but this was my first submission.  In the original format, those passages were in italics, but I guess that format got lost in the copying and pasting process. 

I don't know how I was unclear about the timeline.  At the end of my novel, I very clearly have it that Shakespeare takes Romeo back to Medieval London with him.

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 2:38 pm :
Oh whoops didn't notice that sorry.  Yeah I wish they would keep the italics in whenever we submit something!!!! I love your story!!! :D

Jun. 2, 2011 at 2:41 pm :
Sorry guess I read over that.  Yeah I wish they would keep the format we put our writing in.  I love your writing!!!!!! :D