Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

IncorrectlyWired said...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:04 pm:
Okay, I was reading this in a library and had to try hard not to laugh out loud. It was a really funny take, and I loved that a time-travelling Shakespeare was inspired by something completely off. My only complaint would be, her reactions to his creepyness weren't quite strong enough in my opinion. Also, her boyfriend's reactions were almost non-existant, and some of the dialogue seemed dead/ forced. But overall, I loved this. It was really good.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jul. 5, 2011 at 1:27 pm :
Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody. :)

Rosaa said...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 9:37 pm:
I loved reading your parody! I think this is more entertaining than the original version which we had to read in freshman English this year(= but I was a little confused with the change of characters from Juliet to William Shakespeare - at first, I thought Will was Romeo and then when I read more, I realized who it was. But overall, great job! You're a great writer. ;)

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 10:04 pm :
Thanks for the comment, Rosaa!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody.  My apologies for not making the POV switch clear, but this was my first submission.  Again, thanks!

TwinnBears27 said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 8:41 pm:
Very nice story. It was both amusing and dramatic, and it flowed nicely.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 12:13 pm :
Thank you! :)

DarklyLight said...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 12:02 pm:
Congradulations, CarrieAnn13!  You're the 4th Most Discussed novels.  Wow.  I might have to try your method of doing that.  You're my hero!  Great story, by the way.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jul. 2, 2011 at 3:10 pm :
Thanks, DarklyLight!  My method of gaining comments is quite mercenary, but it works. ;)  Thanks for reading my novel!

BorderlineGenius777 said...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 2:57 pm:
a very enjoyable story!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm :
Thanks, BorderlineGenius777!  I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

siddielee said...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 9:27 am:
I like it alot I would actually buy this if it was an actual book :-)  Good job on this book your very creative 

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jul. 1, 2011 at 10:43 am :
Thanks, siddielee!  I can't wait to read your book. :)

Poetic_Mind said...
Jun. 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm:
I liked this! I wasnt a big fan of the Shakespear version, especially the movies :/ But this was quite entertaining :) I dont understand why Romeo gave up sooo easily and went back, I thought he would have fought more.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 28, 2011 at 5:11 pm :

Thanks for the comment, Poetic_Mind!  No, I don't think Romeo would fight more because unrequited love is a powerful thing.  It saps your strength and makes you think you'll never find love again.  This is true because I have experienced it myself.

I'm glad you enjoyed my parody! :)

Finchy said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 11:07 pm:

CarrieAnn13

I laughed on numerous occasions while reading your spoof on on one of my favorite Shakespearian plays. The idea that Romeo was stalking Juliet is sprouting funny ideas in my head as we speak. I love your creativity and passion for writing and am looking forward to your next story.

Cheers

Finchy

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 11:44 pm :
Thanks so much for your comment, Finchy!  I actually like the original Romeo and Juliet play and I was worried people wouldn't think my spoof was any good.  Thanks for taking the time to read my novel!  :)

writerthinkerdreamer said...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 7:04 am:
I really like this peice. It's a great twist on the story, and a really good parody. The only thing is, I think you should write more in between the end of the plot and the epilouge... but that's my personal opinion :) It's very funny, and it made me smile.

Bill M. replied...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 9:50 am :
Wow Carrie! Really enjoyed it, and great concept. You are very talented indeed!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 26, 2011 at 1:44 pm :

Thanks, writerthinkerdreamer!  I'm glad you liked my parody. :)

Aw, thanks Bill M.  I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

writer_girl15 said...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 10:52 am:

soo much fun! i love it!! i love how you have shakespeare come to this time period to get the idea for Romeo and Juliet. Very good.

one minor comment. in the epilogue, it say juliet gradutated from university. maybe should be 'a' university, or give it a name. but that's the only thing i found! great job!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 25, 2011 at 4:42 pm :
Thanks for the comment, writer_girl15!  I appreciate your feedback. :)