Romeo and Juliet--A Parody | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

By CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Summary:

Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

CarrieAnn13

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Wow, thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed this so much!  Thanks for taking the time to read my novel. :)

-Duckie- GOLD said...
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota

Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

Oh my golly HILARIOUS, COMICAL, WITTY, HUMOROUS, ANY other word you can think of that means FUNNIER THAN HECK. I laughed until I cried. And you drive home a good point (I have read the original Romeo and jUliet) - sometimes this whole "Star-Cross'd Lovers thing is hard to buy. I LOVE the characters, especially Juliet and Shakespeare. Romeo is a LITTLE BIT CREEPY.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed my parody so much. :)

Love.Hate.Passion., Spring Valley, Illinois

~Hope. Faith. Love~
~Be proud of who you are.You are all unique in a different way.~
~I WILL NOT fade into oblivion , and become less than
a distant memory.~

I am beside myself with laughter. This is the best parody of anything I've ever read. THe modern twist you put on it is great. It's hilarious and more relatable than plain old Romeo and Juliet. I liked how you changed perspectives as the chapters went on as well. Your grammar isn't shabby and your spelling is fantastic. I was drawn into the story and it didn't disappoint. One thought : I wish you would have spent more time on Romeo's perspective. I expected a different reaction when he met Shakespeare AND traveled back in time. Either way , amazing job !

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you! :)

Mystiecub said...
on Aug. 3 2011 at 9:51 am
Interesting is the only word I have to describe it. Great job :D

on Aug. 3 2011 at 12:35 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you!  I'm glad you liked it. :)

on Aug. 3 2011 at 12:25 am
Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

Clever! Did NOT see that coming! :) Love the twist! :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the feedback!  But Romeo and Juliet wasn't set in Shakespeare's time.  Shakespeare was writing a play based on earlier poems/writings. :)

MissColleen GOLD, Lebanon, Pennsylvania

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.-Dr. Seuss

This is really good Carrie! At first, I was a little confused with the narrator shift, but I got used to it right away. Also, at some points, it was a little awkward to read just because it was written with an odd flow. I like this idea that you're going with but the whole modernized Romeo and Juliet thing is way overdone in my opinion. I honestly would have liked it better if you set it in Shakespeare's time, I think it could have gone even better. Overall, a wonderful job!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for taking the time to read my novel!  And thank you for the feedback; I'll keep that in mind. :)

JustAnotherOwl SILVER, Unknown, New York

"See, we don't really care who you are;
Everyone is capable of looking up and wishing on a star.
So catch it, so contagious, this day-dreamer's disease,
And hope can be your sword, slaying darkness with belief."

"Sanctuary"- Paradise Fears

I read the first chapter...

I liked this. It was an interesting twist, creative and original. I loved that she actually liked Paris.

The sentences could be a bit choppy at times. If you maybe work on the flow of the story and I think it would be great!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you!  And what do you mean by 'a younger version of Romeo and Juliet'?

DoloresDarling, Cambridge, Ohio

Sarah Michelle Gellar- [on the importance of reading] I love books. I\'m constantly afraid we\'re moving into this digital era where books are going to go away, and to me books are the basis to everything in life. Reading is how we function.

I liked it..but I don't like the fact of how people want to create a younger version of Romeo and juliet. I love William's work the way it is.

You could have  made more paragraphs..it makes your work more neat, so I believe.

Overall..pretty good.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the feedback! :)

whitstar27 GOLD, Edison, New Jersey

when life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then step back and let the world wonder how you did it
and
when life gives you lemon, throw them back at life

I liked the story. What a creative idea! I liked how it was different from the original story, yet in a way similar. I think that the ending could have been developed better, though.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you for the feedback!

Autumn-Rain SILVER, West Lafayette, Indiana

I like how you grab the reader's attention and make us want to read the book.

I think you could make the sentences transition better though. Make it all run smoothly...

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

What do you think I could 'fine tune'?

Shayna121 GOLD said...
Shayna121 GOLD, Port Charlotte, Florida

I am the master of my fate and the captain of my soul.

I thought it was really good...I think that you could fine tune some things and give the work more detail to make it even better, but other than that it was really enjoyable.