Romeo and Juliet--A Parody | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

By CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Summary:

Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

CarrieAnn13

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

on Apr. 4 2012 at 5:12 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks! :)       

on Apr. 4 2012 at 2:42 pm
Zuccini75 BRONZE, Chantilly, Virginia

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder, than telling them yourself."
-Myself

Haha, great spin on the great Shake - good job!

on Mar. 10 2012 at 2:12 pm
SpreadUrWingzNFly BRONZE, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
That was soooo funny, Cat was my fav character

on Mar. 4 2012 at 6:29 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you! :)

Daphne said...
on Feb. 9 2012 at 8:16 am
Daphne, Shanghai, Other
Wow. I loved your story! It's amazingly funny :)

on Jan. 16 2012 at 9:26 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for the thoughtful comment! :) I did write this a while ago, and looking back with the skill I have now, I have to agree with you. My ending was pretty sloppy.

on Jan. 16 2012 at 6:06 pm
AcrossTheUniverse BRONZE, Hondo, Texas

"Go confidentally in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've always imagined." -Thoreau

I love the irony in here! I hated reading Romeo and Juliet last year, so imagine how much I enjoyed this parody. I was so caught up in the story that I forgot to notice the mechanics of the writing itself. I liked the narration shift but I thought the conclusion ended a tad to sloppily.

on Dec. 23 2011 at 7:42 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for commenting! :)

Malsie8 GOLD said...
on Dec. 23 2011 at 7:38 pm
Malsie8 GOLD, Placentia, California

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
-Lord of the Rings

Very true! I think Romeo and Juliet is a perfect example of ranging teenage hormones!!

on Dec. 21 2011 at 7:57 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks for commenting! :)  But I'm not going to write more, not on this story anyway.

holysunshine said...
on Dec. 21 2011 at 7:20 am
I really enjoyed your story.. you should write moree!!!!!

on Dec. 15 2011 at 11:17 pm
my.freedom.lies.in.free.verse PLATINUM, Tosa, Wisconsin

"I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into a void, and that oblivion is inevitable... and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you." Augustus Waters

kewl :) tell me what you think!!

on Dec. 14 2011 at 6:23 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Sure!  I'm right on it. :)

on Dec. 14 2011 at 5:13 pm

you should look at my page and click on things that look interesting....that'd be cool. oh, and read "starting over" thx :)

on Dec. 9 2011 at 8:36 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks so much! :)

on Dec. 9 2011 at 8:36 pm
Tbug1997 PLATINUM, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

When in doubt... Blame it on your siblings
when life gives you skittles throw them at random people and yell FEEL THE RAINBOW

i really like this im adding it to my favs

on Dec. 9 2011 at 7:50 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

I don't really read Shakespeare, but I think 'Julius Caesar' would be my favourite.  What story would you like me to commet on?

on Dec. 9 2011 at 6:08 pm
UNserieswriter, New York

idk my bff jill

great spin off!! whats your fav shakespeare?! please comment on my story it would mean a lot. graci!

on Nov. 27 2011 at 1:49 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Sorry, I don't have time to read everything.  Could you name two or three things you'd like me to read instead?

on Nov. 27 2011 at 12:42 pm

YES! everything lol :)