Romeo and Juliet--A Parody | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

By CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Summary:

Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

CarrieAnn13

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

on Jun. 2 2011 at 5:03 am
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William B. Sprague

Better than orignal! 5 stars!

on Jun. 2 2011 at 1:45 am
live.laugh.spaz GOLD, Singapore, Singapore, Other

laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

HAHAH this is great. it adds such a realistic perspective to the play :)

on Jun. 2 2011 at 12:12 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

This is amazing! I actually really love Romeo and Juliet, but your version is hilarious! You better keep writing! I love it! :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you so much, WritingSpasms!  This was the first parody I've ever written, to be honest.  I'm so glad you had fun reading ths; that's the point of parodies. :)

WritingSpasms, Los Angeles, California

"Devils run when a good man goes to war."
- River Song from Doctor Who (Ep. A Good Man Goes to War)

I honestly and truly love this. You have no idea how much fun I had reading this! I'm usually not one to comment on parodies and such, but I thought this take on the classic Romeo and Juliet was hilarious! :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks, krarthurs!  I'll have an article on bullying up in a week or so (it's 'pending approval'), if you want to look for that, that would be great.

krarthurs SILVER, Plymouth, Massachusetts

All generous minds have a horror of what are commonly called "Facts". They are the brute beasts of the intellectual domain.
-Thomas Hobbes

This was very cute and funny. Can't wait to read more!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thanks, xelawriter97!  I really appreciate you pointing out my mistakes.

Alex_Durham GOLD, Vineland, New Jersey

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Haha this is great except for this sentence: "There were glowing lights all along the street, which the man was transfixed by. It was dusk, but the streetlights were already on." You repeated stuff about the streetlights and it made the setting a little confusing, but the rest was hilarious. KEEP WRITING!!!