Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

This book has 208 comments. Post your own now!

xelawriter97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Haha this is great except for this sentence: "There were glowing lights all along the street, which the man was transfixed by. It was dusk, but the streetlights were already on." You repeated stuff about the streetlights and it made the setting a little confusing, but the rest was hilarious. KEEP WRITING!!!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks, xelawriter97!  I really appreciate you pointing out my mistakes.

sorlageal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Awesome, loved how Cat was Tybalt, very witty. The whole thing was tongue in cheek, reminded me of Monty Python.  

CarrieAnn13 replied...

Thanks, sorlageal!  I honestly can't say I was inspired by Monty Python, because I've never watched any of those skits/movies.  My actual inspiration for the tongue-in-cheek humour was Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 

Cat was Tybalt because when I read the play, in the margin there was a note about how 'Tybalt' was a another name for 'cat' when Shakespeare wrote the play.

Erecura replied...
I liked it! My only suggestion is to slow it down a bit, it all seems to be happening very fast. Other than that I loved it. It made me laugh really hard!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Thanks for commenting! :)

MarisaCoulter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I had to read Romeo and Juliet in school, and since I am not big on that kind of romance, I didn't like it very much. Reading this parody made me laugh so hard! It made my day.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
That's good.  I'm glad I made you laugh! :)