Romeo and Juliet--A Parody | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

By CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Summary:

Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

CarrieAnn13

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

on Jul. 17 2018 at 8:59 pm
A-Writer SILVER, Pleasanton, California

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched-they must be felt with the heart."- Helen Keller

I've always had a few logic problems with Romeo & Juliet, but your writing makes the story seem much more humorous than the original tragedy.

Miss-Jr-Teen said...
on Feb. 10 2016 at 7:35 pm
Miss-Jr-Teen,
This is really good i like to twist on the original your parody was simply amazing.

on Jan. 29 2016 at 12:18 pm
Dameon_Farris PLATINUM, Folton, District Of Columbia

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree. It will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Eistiene

Wow this version is better than the one they had us read at school XD

on Dec. 19 2015 at 9:25 pm
spinnerofyarns GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"Nobody but a reader ever became a writer." -- Richard Peck

I never liked Romeo and Juliet, but your parody is quite amusing! Your Juliet is ever so much more sensible than the original character. Just one thing -- on page 4, you say that Romeo "lived a long, happy life in medieval London," but I believe the Elizabethan period (Shakespeare's time) was actually during the Renaissance, not the Middle Ages.

on Dec. 5 2015 at 11:24 pm
SarahBlum BRONZE, Roseburg, Oregon

"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." ~J.K. Rowling

Oh my gosh! In LOVE with this story! A++ job! @LittleInker I was actually thinking the same thing with the Shakespeare/Juliet fic. That would be so ironic and adorable.

on Sep. 4 2015 at 8:42 am
KayeIsWriting SILVER, Oxford, Alabama

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!" - Franklin Roosevelt

I like this. I like how the stranger is constantly following Romeo and Juliet around writing down the tale of their misadventured love. (Gasp!) Future fanfic between Young William Shakespeare and Juliet Capulet???????

on Mar. 10 2015 at 12:33 pm
Thefanatasticagirlie101 SILVER, Euless, Texas

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our mind. That's what I hope to give you forever." ~The Notebook

This was really good. It lightened my mood a lot. Star-croosed lovers weren't meant to be, so yaya!!!

on Sep. 24 2014 at 10:10 pm
beAWESOMEstayAWESOME BRONZE, New York City, New York

"Work hard in silence and let your accomplishments make the noise."

your so cool. you changed a boring old story into a funny parody. 

on Jun. 29 2014 at 10:13 am
Amazing parody. i am studying romeo and juliet at school just now and am thouroughly sick of it so it is good to find something with a bit of humour in it. keep up the good work

on Apr. 22 2014 at 9:20 am
WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
I really like this parody. I've never read Romeo and Juliet, only heard about what happens in it, but this is still really great. I think it ended a bit abruptly and you could have maybe developed Romeo and Juliet's relationship so that something more happened with them to inspire the rest of Shakespeare's play, but it's still great and I generally like the story. It's amazing.

on Mar. 9 2014 at 9:11 pm
CurlyGirl17 SILVER, Corydon, Indiana
This was cute! I LOVE parodies; you did great at retelling the story. I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my story, The Sky's the Limit in the Romance section- you do such a good job! By the way, congrats on all the comments :)

T. Grace said...
on Feb. 3 2014 at 6:12 pm
This looks like a very cute piece! I compete in a homeschool highschool speech and debate league and I love preforming funny pieces as one of my speeches, and I would be interest in useing this one. However the leauge requires the piece to have been published with a copyright data and as well as and ISBN number. So I was wondering if this has been published or if you would even allow me to use is in my compitition? 

on Aug. 19 2013 at 1:44 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you! :)

Curlyque12 said...
on Aug. 17 2013 at 12:27 am
Curlyque12, SLC, Other

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

So funny !! Loved it

on Jun. 22 2013 at 2:14 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you very much! :)  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

on Jun. 17 2013 at 1:48 pm
probablynotadalek SILVER, Frederick, Colorado

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to happen. Its not. -Dr. Suess

Its great!! I love the twist you plled on the old story... More! More!

on Jun. 16 2013 at 3:08 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

That's great!  And thank you so much for commenting. :)

rhea752 GOLD said...
on Jun. 6 2013 at 1:45 pm
rhea752 GOLD, Merritt Island, Florida

Maybe it's not about the happy ending, maybe it's about the story.

Lol this is so funny!!! I had to read Romeo & Juliet this year so it's great to see such an awesome parody after having to know the play inside out :P

on May. 9 2013 at 1:30 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you very much! :)

on May. 9 2013 at 1:30 am
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

Thank you!  It's a much better read when you've read the play.