Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

Romeo and Juliet--A Parody

CarrieAnn13
Romeo and Juliet--A Parody
Summary: Juliet Capulet is just your average teenage girl until a chance meeting at a community dance changes her life forever. She meets Romeo Montague, who immediately starts stalking her, claiming they are meant to be together. For Juliet, this is just too much; she calls the police. How did such a story inspire the great William Shakespeare? It's not how you think!

reubenater100 said...
Jun. 29 at 10:13 am:
Amazing parody. i am studying romeo and juliet at school just now and am thouroughly sick of it so it is good to find something with a bit of humour in it. keep up the good work

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 22 at 9:20 am:
I really like this parody. I've never read Romeo and Juliet, only heard about what happens in it, but this is still really great. I think it ended a bit abruptly and you could have maybe developed Romeo and Juliet's relationship so that something more happened with them to inspire the rest of Shakespeare's play, but it's still great and I generally like the story. It's amazing.

CurlyGirl17 said...
Mar. 9 at 9:11 pm:
This was cute! I LOVE parodies; you did great at retelling the story. I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my story, The Sky's the Limit in the Romance section- you do such a good job! By the way, congrats on all the comments :)

T. Grace said...
Feb. 3 at 6:12 pm:
This looks like a very cute piece! I compete in a homeschool highschool speech and debate league and I love preforming funny pieces as one of my speeches, and I would be interest in useing this one. However the leauge requires the piece to have been published with a copyright data and as well as and ISBN number. So I was wondering if this has been published or if you would even allow me to use is in my compitition? 

Elizabeth C. said...
Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:27 am:
So funny !! Loved it

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:44 am :
Thank you! :)

AgentKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 pm:
Its great!! I love the twist you plled on the old story... More! More!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 22, 2013 at 2:14 am :
Thank you very much! :)  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

rhea752This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 1:45 pm:
Lol this is so funny!!! I had to read Romeo & Juliet this year so it's great to see such an awesome parody after having to know the play inside out :P

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Jun. 16, 2013 at 3:08 pm :
That's great!  And thank you so much for commenting. :)

ImagineerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 5, 2013 at 9:54 pm:
That was awesome, great resolution.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
May 9, 2013 at 1:30 am :
Thank you very much! :)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 1, 2013 at 10:31 pm:
We just finished Romeo and Juliet in school, so I know the play realy well, too well. Great job and really nice story. It was funny.

CarrieAnn13 replied...
May 9, 2013 at 1:30 am :
Thank you!  It's a much better read when you've read the play.

subt1tl3 said...
Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:10 pm:
This is awesome! I love the 'mysterious stranger'! Just a thought I do have for him though, is that I think you could have gave him a bit more of a conclusion. Sure we can guess who he is, but I reckon it could've been extended a bit. Otherwise it was brillaint!

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:00 am :
Thanks for the critique and for taking the time to comment. :)

Lobsterhead said...
But I want it to be longer! D:  

Lobsterhead said...
Lolol awesome job! You've got to make this into a movie! Or sell the story to a filmmaking company or SOMETHING because the world needs to see this!!!  

CarrieAnn13 replied...
Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:46 pm :
Thank you!  But that's definitely wishful thinking.

Angel8645This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:54 am:
So funny