Home > Novel (Fiction) > Other Novels > Forget me, not

Forget me, not

Zaina A.
Forget me, not

On September 11th, 2001, a plane, American Airlines Flight 11 crashed into the twin towers. Two thousand, two hundred and ninety six people died, one person being Sarah’s boyfriend, Micah.  It’s three years later,  in the year of oh so wonderful 2004, Sarah’s a bartender, slash student at South Florida University, slash some-what-of-a- girlfriend to (lousy, obnoxious, rude) Parker Haney, and living in a crappy apartment, she can bearly afford.

Knowing the tips she makes at Ringo’s bar is not going to pay rent, and finance her enough to get through the rest of the semester of school, Sarah know’s she’s in trouble. She decides to move back in with her parents, just for the summer, so she can save up and be able to attend college.

Being back in the town Sarah grew up in, gives her a funny feeling, a sense of something she cannot quite shake, and especially when her parent’s are still staying in the neighborhood they were staying in when she was just a girl, meaning just a street away is where Micah used to live.
She’s only been back home for three weeks, when suddenly, items start appearing on her front porch. The first one was an envelope of exactly seven thousand dollars and twenty four cents stuffed inside. The second one was an empty pack of cigarettes with a note tucked inside that read “4-12-1996“, and the third item was a collection of Sarah’s favorite poems by Emily Dickinson. 
All these items have a obvious  connection to  Micah.
Either someone’s playing a sick joke on Sarah, or somehow, though it sound’s completely impossible and utterly insane, Micah is back.