To War Through Time (Chapters 1-3)

Author's note: No thank you.
Author's note: No thank you.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

Sammy's P.O.V.

Chapter 3: Sammy’s P.O.V.
I have no idea what in the world just happen.
As I lay on the grassy area where cam had pushed me, I tried to process what had just happened.
OKAY.
There was a mysterious truck. The mysterious truck was driving on the sidewalk. My friend Cam pushed me out of the way of the mysterious truck. There was a blinding light. Now both the truck and Cam were gone.
But now the question is…. Where did Cam go?
After the shock wore off, and reality set in, I pulled my phone out of my pocket, I tried to turn it back on, but I couldn’t, the rain had messed it up! I walked over to the curb, plopped down on the curb, hurting my butt in the process, and cried. I am alone, it’s pouring down rain, my friend has disappeared, and my phone is ruined. How is my situation going to get any worse? Just then a truck sped by, trashing through a muddy puddle that was across from me, drenching me from head to toe in the foul smelling muck-ridden water. I stand corrected, it could get worse. And it just did.
The truck stopped a few feet ahead and started drive in reverse back towards me. Through the rain I saw the driver door open and a figure step out and start toward me.
“What are you doing?” the figure said. I looked up and found myself staring into the face of Jack, a guy from my history class. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, what could I say?
“Come on. let’s get out of this rain.” Jack said, already helping me up off the curb.
Once inside Jack’s truck, I realized he hadn’t been driving alone, I found myself being examined by the prying eyes of his three best friends, James, Matt, and Russell. We sat in silence for only a moment before one of them broke the silence.
“Man, you stink!” Russell said, fail to hide his disdain. Usually I wouldn’t have took that comment but right now I really couldn’t care less what he thought of me, I just wanted to know where Cam was, and that she was safe and sound.
“Sorry about that,” Jack said, his cheeks slightly red, “But I want to know one thing though, why were you out there sitting on the curb anyways… and why all the way out here?”
I took a deep breath to try and settle my nerves enough for me to try to explain what happened. Where would I even begin? I sat in the passenger seat for a number of moments before I spoke.
“Well do you want the long version or the short version?” I asked.
“Hmm… Oh, why not. Tell us the long version; we got a while to drive anyways.” Jack said, shooting me a quick glance, but quickly turning his attention back to the road.
“Okay, long version… Where would I even start? - Oh I know, well here it goes. Cam and I were getting ready for the costume contest and we went outside to get the bikes but Cam’s bike chain was broken, so we decided to run to the costume contest- well walk, Cam hurt her foot so we had to walk at first.”
“You walked in this weather?!?” James interjected.
“Yeah, we didn’t have a car to drive and the bike was broken and there was NO WAY we were going to miss the contest. But as I was saying, we had to walk and then the weather began to get worse then… and when I tell you guys what happened next you all have to swear you won’t say or think I’m crazy.”
After a quick session of shared glances between the guys, they all said, “We swear we won’t say or think that you crazy no matter what you say.”
“Okay, well here is what happened next… there was a weird truck that was coming right at us, it was driving on the sidewalk!!! And Cam pushed me out of the way and then there was this freaky blinding light and Cam was gone, she disappeared into thin air!!!”I shouted, fresh tears pouring from eyes.
I didn’t have to look up to know that they were staring at me. After crying for a couple of minutes I was able to stop crying enough to ask this one question, “Well now that you know what happened, will you help me find Cam?”
Silence filled the truck as I waited for their answer. With each second, my heart sunk even lower. They must think I’m crazy.
“Okay.”Jack said, finally breaking the silence, and lifting my hopes and heart.
I looked deep into his eyes to see if he was actually serious, “Really? You’ll help me?
“You bet!” he said, flashing me a quick, excited grin, “Where do we start?”
“That is a VERY good question.” I said, thinking of what we are supposed to do, “I guess the search has begun.” A weak grin found its way on to my face. This is going to be interesting.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

River_Song said...
Good Job!!

Boota replied...
Thanks! So do u think i should keep writing it?

Tardis Blue said...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:36 am
It looks good. READ!!!!!!

Boota replied...
Thanks... i think ( i can't see all of what you said, it got cut in half.)