Pirate's Kiss | Teen Ink

Pirate's Kiss

By Renegade9891 BRONZE, Skipton, Other
Renegade9891 BRONZE, Skipton, Other

"Keep calm and use your powers of reason."
"Get bored and shoot the wall."
"Ideas are like buses, they never come when you need them to."

Author's note: This piece was inspired really weirdly. I was drinking red bull then watching the duchess and then Pirates of The Caribbean. Then I fell asleep. That has to be the freakiest dream in the world. God that was odd.

I will dedicate this one to ... Me!! No only joking this is for Maverick my little brother for inspiring characters.

Chapter One

Tedium. The state of being/feeling tedious. It was a nagging feeling. A consuming feeling, it swallows you. It swallowed me and I wallowed in my boredom and sorrow. I lazed against the railing of the balcony, my head sloppily resting on my hand.

The streets below me littered with screams and shouts of anguish, canons exploded through the night sky. I held a twinge of sympathy for the damaged, the broken. Those whose pleads filled the cold breeze fluttering through the dark skies. But that was it. Nothing more, just a tiny bit sorry. It happened too many times. It happened too many times and I didn’t know enough about it to care.

I straightened up, my arched back levelled and my gaze lifted. I pressed my hands to the cold banister and swung my legs over so they dangled freely over the side. It was so freeing, to have the wind whip by me. To not be surrounded by a railing, but to reach over it.

“Little miss attention seeker.” Nathaniel called from below me. His blond hair lashing across his pale green eyes due to the wind. His prominent cheek bones were masked by the night and he was dressed in military uniform.

I jumped.

The wind billowed and grazed my pale skin. My diamond eyes watered and my lips curved into a small, relieved smile. I closed my eyes, and the ground rushed up to meet me. I fell to the paved courtyard below, surrounded by the barracks of rushing soldiers and the grand mansion belonging to my father, a general.

It’s great to live on the first floor.

“Naddy!” I squealed unusually high, my bare feet tip toeing across the courtyard. I swung my arms around his shoulders and wrapped myself around him, being lifted off the ground.

I heard a few sniggers from the soldiers behind him, but ignored them. It was Williamson, Percy and Jenison.
He muttered into my ear, his deep voice was barely audible underneath the constant clashing of the city raging war. “Don’t call me that, it’s bad for my image.” Gradually his grip on me loosened and I slid back onto the floor.
“What image?” I punched him on the arm playfully, a large grin spread across my face.
“My bad boy image.” He whispered hoarsely.
“What image exactly!” I laughed and he punched me back. Nathaniel smiled and he fully let me go his arms retreating back to his sides.
“Nathaniel Roberts back to your post now!” Corporal Parkinson boomed from the other side of the courtyard.

“I was just checking on Milady Mercy, sir.” He turned round and saluted.

“You’re lying.” Jenison called behind his shoulder, somewhat dryly.
Parkinson turned round to face the – interruption. “Why would you say that Jenison?”
“His lips are moving.”
They responded with fits of laughter, the courtyards eerie silence had at last acquired some noise, and some entertainment.
I netted my hand in Nathaniel’s and put on my best show. “I was wondering if you could let Nathaniel stay with me tonight, all this fighting is awfully terrifying.”
He thought about it. For a split second. “Sorry, Mercy but we need him tonight.”
I was not going to let Naddy miss my birthday. No way in hell. I turned round. “Father! Fa…”
“You know what? Keep him. We don’t want him.” The corporal took the other three soldiers and marched off, well ran off.
“Thanks Mercy.” He smiled.
“You will celebrate my birthday!” I announced and pulled him with me. We clambered over my ‘balcony’.

****
Dear Evangeline Cobalt,
I have found her. At last, it took two long years but I have found her. She is different, much more so than I imagined.
But that is another matter, one that is of no importance in the present moment. You will know when you see her.
She does incredibly resemble you. I have sent Obsidian to find her, she will be ours within minutes.
Cain Mordecai,

Uhhhh... nope nothing to say.

Chapter Two
I knew there was something wrong before anything wrong even happened. There were so many things I should have done. But should and did were two very different things. I should have run and screamed. I should have fought and tried to win. I did – neither of those. Damn you Mercy, you should have done many things, but many things I did not do.

Nathaniel had to leave, apparently their defenced were weakening. I didn’t care to be honest; I just wanted my best friend next to me. I at that moment needed my best friend next to me. I was on my own, sat on the balcony.

“Happy birthday to me…” I sighed, the words drawn and slurred. I shut my eyes. My fingers fumbling around the presents layed out beside me. Why do I need the riches of the world? What can they do for me? They don’t make me happy.

I was always selcouth and conspicuous. Obscure maybe, perhaps. I enjoy baffling people with my own verbiage…

He was there. Watching me. It hit me like a wave of shadows; it clouded my mind and clouded my judgement. In the moment I felt consumed by this fear. I should have run.

I felt his arm wrap around my waist and my heart lurched at his icy cold touch. The fear was boiling inside of me. I tried to scream when a hand clamped around my mouth. I wriggled around, I even tried to scream again but something inside of me forced me to calm down. Even if my heart was racing and my mind was screaming at me, I calmed down. I stopped moving.

“That’s good girly,” His voice rang in my voice and replayed itself. His voice was crisp and deep. I swear I could smell the danger emanating across from him. I sat silently as his grip began to loosen. “Right girly,” His hand slipped away from my mouth but his arm remained pulled across my waist. “I’m going to take you some…”

Then the pleading began. Never had I pleaded in my life. Never had I planned to. Were I in his position I would push him to the floor until he begged for mercy twice. I wasn’t in his position, I was in mine. I should be in his.

“Not now…” I whimpered. “Not now…” I whispered.

“When then, Girly? When?” I saw him for the first time. Mismatched silver and gold eyes placed across the palest face I could ever possibly imagine.

“Not now…” I repeated.

“When then? Four years’ time when you’re twenty one, then?” He laughed, and he laughed at me.

“Yes… please.” Tears threatened to fall and stain my face. My heart threatened to burst out of my chest.

He stopped. I felt myself calm down. Then he kissed me. The tears fell and stained my face. My heart left me. Then he pulled back. I imagined butterflies in my stomach, like people said right? Then I felt it. They weren’t butterflies. They were birds. Attacking very inch of me. I felt myself being pulled apart. Being ripped apart.

It came at me like daggers spindling, slicing through my body. I had been shot down, and trampled on. I died right there and came back as a ghost. My mind and body was on fire, I reeled, and I felt so dizzy. I am ready to be taken right here right now. Take me. Kill me now.

“Fine,” He hissed. “But don’t think I’ll forget, because I won’t.”

Dear Evangeline Cobalt,

I’m sorry there’s been a slight delay in plans. A delay of four years it would seem. Obsidian went and then came back telling me he was giving her another four years. I argued with him to just take her now but he kissed her. Sealed the promise with a kiss! I don’t know what goes on in his head. But there’s nothing we can do for the moment, maybe in four years, eh?

Cain Mordecai,

I dedicate this to my mom. Because well. she's my mom. Which fits in well with the 'Another Person's Shoulder' chapter. Love you mom, Don't get big headed, It's not fun.

Chapter Three

I don’t know how long I sat there, crying into Nathaniel’s shoulder. I daren’t tell father or my stepmother. It would cause far too much commotion and unwanted attention. I felt Nathaniel’s hand floating across my hair.

“He kissed me,” I sniffled, stuttering the words out. “W-w-why did he do that?”

Nathaniel stopped and tensed.

“Naddy,” I said teasingly, prodding him in the side.

“It’s just sealing the deal, something pirates do.” He muttered into my ear.

As soon as his voice reached my mind. I shuddered and jerked upwards. “There are pirates here?” My voice was croaky and my eyes blotchy from crying. “That’s what he is?”

“Yes,”

Pirates. I just made a deal with a pirate. To allow him to take me on my twenty first birthday. Wow.

“They won’t come after you, you know.” He assured me.

I stayed silent.

“And if they do? I’m coming with you.”

I uttered a small thank you. I didn’t hear it and I don’t think he did.

“I should report to your father.” He made a move to stand up.

“NO!” I screamed, clinging on to his shirt, the disparity ringing out in my voice.

He sighed and sat down beside me. “Of course, I should stay here with you. I doubt your father knowing will be much use to us at all.” He took my hand in his. “Does he know who you are?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t call me by my name. But why else would he come after me. It has to be a power play with my father.” My voice was still shaky.

“Then why wait four years?”

“I don’t know.” I broke down in tears again, just when I was starting to feel better. I should not cry. But I did.

Sorry guys, this story contains edited chapters from my other story 'Making You Mine...' This is just because I had to do it like this for my English assessment. I if you don't like it you can comment about it and I may change it, if it affects enough people. Please rate and comment.

Four Years Later.
A Pirate’s Promise.

Chapter Four

Walk of shame. That’s what they called it, right? I certainly felt shamed. I wrapped my coat as tightly as possible around my frozen body; the thin and crisp material barely reaching my knees, only hanging just below my dress. I had been out all night. I was taking my walk of shame at six o clock in the morning.

This was London, so even because of the peculiar time people were still up and about - and staring. They stared at me. They had all seen it before, the drunken teenager, the blonde with the short dress. But still they stared.

So, now there was a brunette with bright blue eyes in an extremely provocative dress wandering around London at night. Morning. Whatever. Mercy Cobalt you damn idiot.

I thought of home. Home. Just the very thought of it comforted my mind. I imagined crackling fires and roast dinners. I can remember the rain gently tapping and rolling down the window as I sat and watched TV with my border collie Lassie. I’d be home alone, I usually was. I would only be greeted by my stepmother and my father who would be drowned in work and business meetings. We don’t talk about mother, ever. Father doesn’t want to. I don’t want to. There was no argument in that case. I try not to think of her. Would you think of your mother if she was killed, and killed was being delicate? Indelicate? She was murdered.

Then once again the thoughts of home swarmed my mind. I felt warm. Then reality hit me, home was three long and cold miles away. And once again, I felt very cold.

I sat down on a wooden bench.

In Memory of Elizabeth Benjamin

1956 – 2004

Death is just so intimidating isn’t it? I kicked of my heels, the heavy shoes landing about a meter away, and curled my feet around. I just needed to stop, just for one moment. I don’t know why. I wasn’t tired, I was just cold. And I only wanted to sit down for a short while.

It was quiet now. Eerie. In a sinister way. The last people that wandered this barren street had just dipped round a corner. Now I was alone. I was just scaring myself . I know that. Imagining the dark figures that meandered throughout London. The psychos and criminals. Sudden thoughts of the notorious jack the ripper filled my mind and I couldn’t help but let out a small whimper.

“That’s it!” I screeched. Making a lot more noise than I hoped so. A part of me, a stupid part of me hoping this was a way of scaring of the monsters. I bent down, my pale fingers reaching out towards my shoes. My bare feet on the dirty concrete ground, sending shivers up my spine.

Something moved. I swear something moved. It was a blur, a shadow? Just a trick of the light? It – was? Wasn’t it? That’s when I knew I should have run at that point. I knew I needed to run. But I didn’t. I stayed still, bent over, my hands just touching my shoes. Oh hell I should have run.

“Hello, Girly.”

Dear Evangeline Cobalt,

We have got here now. I am assuring you that we have. In fact it was easier than we thought it was even if it did take an extra four years. Years and years of planning but only ten minutes to take her.

Cain Mordecai,

Dedication to you people who RATE and COMMENT don't you? Yeah you do. I'm SURE you do. Jokes, people. Jokes.

Chapter Five

I had crossed my legs and propped myself up on my elbows. The only reason I sat like this was because I enjoyed watching writher around squished.

If I was going to die I want to at the very least annoy him, and at the most throttle him.

The silence was murdering me. I felt – scared. And in a weird way nervous. I had pterodactyls in my stomach today.

I couldn’t help but clutch on to my stomach, imagining them in there. I felt sick. And almost as if he read my mind…

“Feeling a bit dizzy?” He asked sweetly.

“Sick actually.” I said colouring my words with venom and showering it in disgust.

“Do you not like my carridge?” He said. Oh, that psychopath. Now the least I can do is strangle him.

“No actually, it’s you” I spat.

He laughed, amused. Chuckled.

“Are you laughing?” I snarled. Actually snarled.

“Why are you joking?” He sniggered.

“Am I joking? No I am not! You have just ripped me away from my father, snatched me from London! And you think I am joking? I am damn well serious! So don’t you dare play with me because I’m serious!”

He just looked straight ahead. His face showed no expression whatsoever. “So am I.” He replied finally.

His profile was pale, unnaturally pale. His eyes were dull. Glassy but somehow – empty? I don’t know. I’m not sure.

“I think you have some explaining to do.” I demanded. It was the least he could do.

“You’ll see, Girly, just wait.” He got out and offered me his hand. We were here.

“No way, mate no way.” I stepped out of the car. Wait let me rephrase that. I fell out of the car, managing to look like an idiot to the man who just offered me help getting out of the car.

Once again he offered me his hand. Nope, I will never…

The most embarrassing moment of my life, where in the process of climbing up, I slipped again.

His hand was still there, and I could take it. Either way I was probably going to lose a piece of my pride. I took his hand. I am forever going to regret that I can say that now.

“Oh my gosh!” I muttered, to no one in particular.

“Like it?” He said gesturing smugly to the ship. With dark wood walls in its might and splendid.

“Oh my gosh.”

“Anything more constructive to add?” He smirked. Oh, he thought he was amazing.

“Oh my gosh,” I said flicking my hair like a model. I thought it would be so much bigger!” I put my head my hand on my left hip and leaned on my right leg.

“Mercy!” I could recognise that anywhere…

“Naddy!” I screamed, we both hugged one another till we squeezed the life out of each other. Then we held hands and started jumping round and round in circles.

“I told you I’d be here with you.”

I screamed, quite literally so.

Then suddenly hands found their way round my body and I was being pulled on board.

Dear Evangeline Cobalt,

I trust your ride isn’t too uncomfortable. I would very much appreciate it if you could come at your earliest convenience, I don’t think Obsidian is handling the idea of having a woman on board very well, no offence meant.

Cain Mordecai,

Thank you to my English teacher for the inspiration to write. This is the last chapter but I'm thinking of doing a full length book about it but a bit longer than this don't you think? Rate and comment if you agree! Ha, I'm bribing you. Seriously guys, good idea or not.

Chapter Six

The boat creaked from side to side and the waves lapped gently against it. I began to find it so comforting, so nurturing. In the split second I had been awake I felt accustomed to a different way of life already. The shouts of the men on board were sturdy and rythmatic, all too comforting.

I felt scared and threatened. But I had definitely leapt across from the balcony this time. Three times I had felt his gaze on me already and now for the fourth time I could easily recognise him. All I had to do was c*** my head around…

“Great you’re awake!” He exclaimed, throwing his hands up and down. He was dressed in; simplicity has been enforced in this sentence, rags. There was no other way to describe this man and his beastly nature and uncharming visits. But that wasn’t the man I had found.

“I am Cain, not my brother. The person you know is Obsidian Mordicai” He smiled at me. “We have someone to see you…” The two of them were identical, apart from Cain had two silver eyes whereas Obsidian had one silver and one gold.

I scrambled up from the floor.

“Father,”

“No, your mother actually. See you are like us…”

“My mother is dead…” I managed, the words barely escaping my mouth.

“Your mother is a pirate…”

“Where?” I muttered. Just tell me, and please just tell me. I would say that. But I would not beg again.

“You belong with us…” He assured me. His voice warm and soothing.

“Where…”

“I am here.”

Gr8man BRONZE said...
on Apr. 14 2014 at 6:47 am
Gr8man BRONZE, Ottawa, Other

"It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees." - Emiliano Zapata (Note: this quote is the inspiration of my standalone war novel.)

Personally, I like the unsigned letter footnotes. They make a great little suspense piece. Don't stop writing! :)

plathfanatic GOLD, Elmont, New York

"If there is a god, I bet he looks down at us and laughs at our foolish ways."

I just started reading, but I love this so far! You're a great writer :)

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Apr. 19 2012 at 3:50 am
FULLSTOP GOLD, Skipton, North Yorkshire, Other

forever and ever and ever and ever will never be enough

oh. erm, ok TOO MUCH IMFORMATION

on Apr. 18 2012 at 4:14 am
MadMinion BRONZE, -, Other
Erm... I'm OK thanks! although... then again... I might need one... Izzy has diarrhea... trust me, an annoyingly hyper three-year-old + diarrhea = DEATH FOR ALL MINION MOTHERS! (I'm the minion mother, they are the minions!)

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Apr. 17 2012 at 3:56 am

we just chatted to each other with comments. it works, try it!

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Apr. 17 2012 at 3:47 am

would you like a kleenex rosa?

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Apr. 17 2012 at 3:46 am

hi rosa!!!!!!!!!!

MadMinion BRONZE, -, Other
You're both very important people! (according to this site) How fancy!

MadMinion BRONZE, -, Other

It's really good Lou Lou! (or should I say renegade9891) BUT DON'T BE MEAN TO CHARLOTTE! That's my job! The one thing I'm good at and you take it away from me :'( I'm crying here you know, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!

And don't forget I'm in Croatia!

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Apr. 16 2012 at 4:23 am

yay! i got it in the first month too

on Apr. 3 2012 at 6:23 am
Renegade9891 BRONZE, Skipton, Other

"Get bored and shoot the wall."

I'm a VIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Mar. 30 2012 at 8:30 am

GLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Mar. 30 2012 at 8:28 am

N.O (spells no btw)

on Mar. 30 2012 at 6:51 am
Renegade9891 BRONZE, Skipton, Other

"Get bored and shoot the wall."

990 ratings!!!!!!!!!!! All five stars...

on Mar. 30 2012 at 6:48 am
Renegade9891 BRONZE, Skipton, Other

"Get bored and shoot the wall."

Stop being meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Mar. 30 2012 at 6:47 am
Renegade9891 BRONZE, Skipton, Other

"Get bored and shoot the wall."

930 ratings... Yay, that means I've recieved 60 five star ratings in two minutes. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! get in. I love you voters. No really, cheers people. Very happy writer here. 

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Mar. 30 2012 at 6:44 am

mwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

on Mar. 30 2012 at 6:42 am
Renegade9891 BRONZE, Skipton, Other

"Get bored and shoot the wall."

Oy, I'm sure I'm just doing really well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwahahahahhahah. *cough* *cough* *sniffle* *burst into uncontrollable tears*

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Mar. 30 2012 at 6:39 am

and hardly any wiews........

G.L.I.T.C.H

FULLSTOP GOLD said...
on Mar. 30 2012 at 4:32 am

I'VE GOT THE ANSWER!!! OKAY, WHEN ANYONE RATES IT, IT LIKE ADDS TEN VOTES OR SOMETHING INSTEAD OF JUST ONE!!!!