New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Tragedy of Generations A medieval Tale of Revenge and Surrender

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

March 3, 1,100 A.D.

March 3, 1100 A.D.
When I arose this morning I rapidly got dressed and glanced at the note again. “My poor Cedric,” I whispered, deep in my breath. I moped to the door walked down the steps and resumed directly to the castle. This is where I met the informative guard from the previous day. As I approached him he started to yell in my direction, but once I finally got over to him he repeated what he tried to tell me before and started to calm himself down.
“ The king , the king, oh . . . he is very ill,” the guard went on . “ The doctor thinks that he has contracted the smallpox. There is no cure for this fatal disease. Tomorrow he will be treated with a medicinal concoction called dwale, however the medicine itself could kill him. ”
“ And the barons?” I asked curiously, craving more information.
“ The barons are permanent as of now until further notice, but there is more,” said the guard. “The whole perimeter of the city will be closed off until the king passes away, then his son Felix will rule and decide whatever he wishes.” The guard sighed, then started filling in the holes of his story. “The king only has a little while to live. The doctor says his smallpox are serious. He has approximately a week of life left.”
“ Now I will have lost my job and my son. What else can go wrong?” As I finished speaking rain poured down on my head. It pounded hard on the ground and everything around it. It rained and rained, gathering puddles at my feet. It rained almost as hard as I found myself crying.
“ You lost your son, Blythe?” questioned the guard, barely noticing the rain.
“Yes, have you seen him?”
“ No, not since about a week ago,” the guard said. Then he ran off into the woods still oblivious of the rain.
I was brave enough to follow from a couple of feet away. But after I got to the brim of the woods I spotted my son all tied up on the ground, leaning on a tree. He looked up and his eyes brightened. This must have caught the guard’s attention because he looked at me. Then he picked up a strange looking object from the ground and aimed it at me. I tried to run away, but by the time I turned myself around something hit me. It must have been that strange looking object because I fell to the ground, soon aching all over. I felt dizzy and I think the guard was dragging me. I could feel the scrape of the rocks against my skin. Afterwards I fell into a deep sleep.

. said...
I loved this story. Good work! Very imaginative.

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's an interesting story, but it could use some more description to give more...what's the word? Depth?  But anyway, keep writing my friend. 

addy114804 said...
Mar. 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm:
Some people say the sky is the limit, but I believe that you and your writing can reach beyond the moon. This was truly amazing. THANK YOU FOR A READ OF A LIFETIME!!

Teresa said...
Feb. 10, 2012 at 4:11 pm:
Well written and very enjoyable to read

FigglerXD said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 5:26 pm:
This is truly amazing. The effort is apparent and the story is gripping dark and suspenseful. You are very talented.

Emily6600 said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:26 am:
It is a good story and is very interesting.

Lex-13 said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 5:40 pm:
I had roughly a month to write this. I spent a good six months adding to it. It ate up a summer. It consumed my mind for quite awhile. (and continues to) I have sent it off for you to see. I hope more than anything that you enjoy the story I have worked so hard on as much as I do! Please vote and comment on my work!

JoeP said...
I have had the honor of watching and reading this story through every phase and every revision since its inception. This young writer's future is a bright one indeed, and no doubt we'll be seeing her name on bestseller lists before long. God-given talent like her DOES NOT go unnoticed. She'll only get better and the sky is the limit.

Andy t Mac said...
This was written well and kept me interested the entire time!

jeanie 1 said...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:52 am:
I loved the book! I can see your name in the NY Times best seller list in a few years. Keep it up, your great

zachjack said...
Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:22 am:
Great Job.....I was so involved and wrapped up in the story line that I couldn't wait to read on and see how it ended.

jomin5982@aol.com said...
Awesome job!!!!!

barb515 said...
Wow ! Im speechless , cant wait to read more ! Awesome !

Neddra said...
Really enjoyed this story! Hope to read more soon!

Heather C. said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:54 am:
This is an amazing story full of suspense and interesting plot twists.I love a family with deep dark secrets!

Bret said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:51 am:
That book was just AMAZING!!! Best one I have read in years! This kid has got talent!!!

ellencg said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 8:59 am:
What a gripping story, you must write more!

doris said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:32 am:
What a wonderful story! You have the unique gift of being a great storyteller. Please keep on writing. I want to see more of your work.

wjcahill said...
Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:06 am:
Wow, what a well written and imaginative story. I love it!