What's so wrong about being equal?

Author's note: The thing that inspired me to write this was actually being discrimanted myself but I knew I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

The thing that inspired me to write this was actually being discrimanted myself but I knew I had to just go foward because I knew that basically there acts couldnt stop me from being me and I am proud about my background I wouldn't change a thing about because it makes me who I am today. 

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Not ready

One early morning, the smell of bacon woke me up. Mommas bacon was the best it’s like a bite of heaven. Mornings were the best until I was off to school, school wasn’t my favorite and not because of homework or the teachers but because of my classmates. They were never nice to me except some of them, I never knew why they didn’t like me until about a week ago I was walking down the hall with my friend Samantha we talked in our home language which was Arabic and kids started staring at us but  we ignored them until a guy came up to us and said, “Speak english this is America!” Those words made me realize that I was being treated differently because of my skin color and language. I never told my mom because I knew she would make the problem even worse so Samantha and I kept it to ourselves. Ever since that day I have stopped speaking Arabic outside of home cause I was scared because of our world because in such little time it turned upside down.
“ Amal.” said my Mom “ Your bus is here time to go ok have a wonderful day and learn a lot.” “Thanks Mom see you later love you.” I replied  Walking to bus I started getting nervous because I didn’t know what could be waiting for me at school or on the bus but, I just have to be prepared for anything. As usual I sat with Samantha on the bus at the front with other students who were from different countries because all of the other students did not like us sitting with them in the back cause they think that we would hurt them and we didn’t want that. None of teachers were aware of what was going on with the students because none of us could open our mouths to speak. As we showed up to school everything was going well we had a good morning we weren't told anything by anyone which surprised me but I decided to keep it that way so I didn't say anything. Lunch then came and it was going well until a group of girls came up to Samantha and I and said “ Is it true that you guys like hurt others for no reason?” “Where did you hear that?” I replied “ Well you guys are muslims and everyone knows what that means.” said one of the girls “ Actually just because we are muslims doesn't mean we would put our hand on someone and hurt them” Samantha said “ Are parents told us to stay away from you guys or any muslim so bye terrorists” they said as they walked away.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »