rosa parks and the bus boycott

Author's note: my insparation was my ela teacheer ms.aschliman
Author's note: my insparation was my ela teacheer ms.aschliman  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

diary in jail

Day 1 December 1,1955,
I had been thrown in jail for not obeying orders but why did I have to I gave them a reason why I did not have to move. that seat was not for the whites I wonder how they are all feeling right now they probably don't even care if I went to jail for no good reason. If there are so many white people in our city why don't they just make the first 13 seats for the whites so then we won't get blamed for being in their seat when we can be behind them. I wonder if my family or anyone is worried about me at all .do they even know I am in jail? Do they know why ?
The police came up to me and told me I can make one phone call so I did I called my families house and my mother answered the first thing she asked was "did they beat you." I had told her everything that happened then the phone had hung up and it was day he told me times up and I went back to my cell. I had wondered was everyone else timed or have a certain amount of time they needed for a phone call? Why do we even need to be timed do they not want us to tell the bad things that they did? I had heard that my arrest had turned into a rally which only my kind african american people had started a bus boycott.

Dear diary,
it is december 2nd, 1955, It is very loud outside because all the people are still having a boycott about my arrest and the incident that had happened in the bus. I am so happy to hear people say my name they all have a reason to I had become known more than ever before and I loved the feeling of what I have created. I had created a rally of my kind to fight for our rights we should all be treated the same why don’t the whites like us we are a little darker but that does not matter what really matters is that we are all humans. we should all learn to be kind to each other no matter what race we are or religion. Why do whites think they are better? That reason is because they are all treated as royalty and we are all the fools. Everyone else sees something that can be changed we all have different feelings about how we are being treated or the way we are living. Day had came from the office and he told me that we were on our way to the U.S. District court. I was so happy I can talk to my lawyer about what had happened and how we can fix this whole problem. My lawyer and I had done some talking and my lawyer found an appeal. A panel of three judges in the U.S. District Court for the region ruled in another case that racial segregation of public buses was unconstitutional. Then Day and Mixon had sent me back to my cell and I had seen the newspaper about how Martin luther king jr. had said that “we fight with kindness and they will then feel peaceful and we will no longer ride the buses until we have our right.”