New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Home > Novel (Fiction) > Historical Fiction > The Voyages of the Waved Albatross

The Voyages of the Waved Albatross

IMSteel
The Voyages of the Waved Albatross
Summary: Brown as a dead leaf that the wind has swept away from its tree, a mysterious sailor appears in a quiet cove in years following the War of Spanish succession, bringing with him a tale of daring, murder and adventure. All aboard the sloop, the Waved Albatross.

Tags: nature human

DragonTongueThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 1 at 9:06 am:
Its a little hard to keep my place because of the sort of blocky structure, but the content was amazing! :D

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 31 at 5:42 pm:
So far I have only read the first chapter but when I have more time, I will read the rest! That was really good and entertaining! Great job!

IMSteelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 3 at 10:30 am :
Thank you for the comment!

EmmaClaire0823This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 5:19 pm:
I thought this was brilliantly written. You used the perfect amount of figurative languauge without over doing it. Though, you've gotten this comment probably, but your story gets lost in adjectives at times. You use a wide range of vocabulary, and with that comment I would think of what age group you are writing this story towards. The average teenager is going to find a lot of the points that I love (figurative language, vocabulary) challenging to read. Just remember who your targetted aud... (more »)

Jan. 12 at 10:08 am :
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I look forward to seeing your story published too. As for what audience I'm writing for, I'm writing specifically for people like you: the minority who enjoy the finer points of writing, no offense to my fellow peers. Thanks again!

EvetteTThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
  Very good. It was very descriptive and I could see it happening. I might get a copy your book when you are done. Great job!

Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:14 pm :
Thank you! I'm glad that I was able to create a compelling story!

JulePearlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Great start to your book! Immediately drew me in and made me curious enough to continue reading. Also, you made your characters all very real and lifelike in my mind with the way you described them, their actions, and the dialogue between them. Marvelous job! 

Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:15 pm :
I'm glad you liked it! Thank you so much for the encouragement!

agneumeyer said...
May 12, 2013 at 8:34 pm:
I believe I agree with milforce here. Early on there are too many adjectives, but it cleans up later. Also, in line with "The Grand Teachings of Milforce" I believe that your dialouge is freaking excelent. Cept' for that etc. Et cetera in it's full form is more applicable for dialogue. Great work.

agneumeyer replied...
May 12, 2013 at 10:55 pm :
Oh no, I misspelled the points that I was praising. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

May 13, 2013 at 4:16 pm :
Thank you so much.  I agree with most of Milforce's comment as well.  Your story was also excelent.  Thanks again!

kbatra said...
Amazing story.. i liked how the chareters speak and the detail.. keep up the good work!

milforce said...
First off, I’ll tell you how excited I am to be reading this. It seems really interesting to read and I do love a good pirate story. By the way, I write my reviews as I’m reading the story so I don’t forget anything. Alright, one of the first thing I’m noticing is that this story is dripping with adjectives. Too many, in my opinion. I understand if you’re trying to put a really good image in the reader’s mind, but this many adjectives puts limitations on the r... (more »)

Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:12 pm :
Thank you for the comment, I will definately keep your suggestions in mind.  You're one of the few on this website that have read my story and iked it, giving me some good advise and encouragment.  I'll get around to finishing your story as well.  Keep writing!

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:56 am:
That, my friend, is a wonderful story. I love the way the characters speak. It makes the whole' pirate story' aspect to it more prominent and realistic for me. Bones kind of reminds me of Jack Sparrow, but at the same time you've written this story in a way that makes me take Bones far more seriously. Love this! 

Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:07 pm :
Thank you so much!  I loved your story too, I'll get around to finishing it soon. 

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 25, 2013 at 10:04 am :
Read this next chapter that you added. Love it! Keep going, please. This is becoming more and more suspenseful with each chapter.

May 25, 2013 at 6:19 pm :
Thank you so much!

BeccyFxx said...
Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:00 am:
You are really a fantastic writer! I only have one critisim: That it is a little hard to read because of the long paragraphs (sorry your probably quite tired of reading that!) . The description is fantastic however and you can really get a sense of the characters way of thinking