Scarlet Thread, Midnight Ribbon. | Teen Ink

Scarlet Thread, Midnight Ribbon.

September 30, 2011
By WaffleRinOkumara BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
More by this author
WaffleRinOkumara BRONZE, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"I dont think you've met my poisonous claws yet.'' -Sesshomaru, InuYasha.


The author's comments:
Like it? Review!!!! This is my first (real) fanfic. Expect more!!!! =^.^=

Rin looked around, her long black her swaying in the wet night air.
Slowly she picked up a fallen tiger-lily, and put it carefully in her hair.
'Five years... five years since he left her in the village.' She thought, a small tear rolling down her cheek.
She blinked her large hazel eyes, shaking her head.
"Nothing to cry over anymore Rin." She said to herself.
Slowly she made her way to her small hut on the out-skirts of Kaede's village.
A small cat walked in front of her, three little tails swaying.
"Hey, Kirara. Sorry, I don't have anything for you today." She said, shooing the little cat.
Quietly, she opened her door, slipping inside quickly.
The cold space made her feel at home.
She pulled a small lighter from the sleeve of her kimono, a gift from Kagome.
She through fire wood in a small pit, flicking the wheel at the top of the lighter, sending a small flame into existence.
She bent down and placed the flame on a large stick.
The fire quickly burst to life, making a warm glow surround the space.
She looked out a small window at the impending twilight.
She turned back to the fire, pulling a small iron skillet and a strip of meat from the hooks that dangled above her head.

She carefully pulled the skillet from the flames searing tongues, hoping to burn her.
A smile played on her lips at the meat.
'I love cooking...' She thought quietly to herself.
She quietly placed a small cut of the meat in her mouth.

Quietly she placed the washed skillet on it's hook.
The moon was supposed to be full today...
She turned to the window again' expecting to see a large silver orb.
Instead, what stared back at her were two small golden orbs.

The author's comments:
Review because you love me!!!!! =^.^=

Rin stared at the glowing gold orbs.
'Could it be? My Lord has returned?' she thought, a smile beginning to form on her face.
"Sesshomaru-sama? Is that you?" she asked, looking hopefully at the honeyed eyes.
No voice answered hers, only a small buzzing.
Rin frowned, tears begging to be let free, as innumerable golden orbs appeared, filling the sky with fire.
'Fireflies... Only fireflies...' she thought, her gaze trailing to her feet.
'I feel like such a fool...' she pulled her long black hair up, and secured it with a piece of twine.
Sadly, she set to preparing for bed, her eyes watering.
She had thought... If only for a moment... That Lord Sesshomaru had returned...
Quietly, she pulled back the sheet on her pallet and lay down to sleep.

She had a fitful night, seeing her Lord, beaten and battered.
He would talk quietly, his head held in her lap, as she asked what had happened to him.
He didn't tell her, just talked about when she was little.
And... In the end, they were both crying.
Her, for lossing her Lord, and Him, for lossing the only human he had ever cared about.

Rin woke with tears flowing down her face.
'Lord Sesshomaru... Please... Come back to me?' she thought, wiping her eyes.
Carefully, as if she moved to fast she would crumble, Rin got up.
She quickly pulled a thick kimono over her yukata.
'Food. I need to go get some food.' she thought, pulling on her shoes and grabbing a large basket.
She pushed herself out the door and into the cold winter air.
It had snowed, she noted, pulling her bow over her shoulder and grabbing three long arrows.
'Berries, and rabbits.' she pulled herself along to the tree-line, the large bow dragging on the ground.
As she entered the trees, she pulled her kimono tighter around her, trying to block the harsh cold.
A small rustling in the bushes caught her attention.
'There.' she pulled an arrow to the bow and shot, a squeak of surprise and pain coming from behind the bush.
She walked over, careful not to fall on the slick terrain.
She pulled the arrow from the bush, a white rabbit run through by it.
She pulled the rabbit off and deposited it in a leather bag around her waist.

About a half hour later she had caught four rabbits and a deer.
The deer was on accident, she had heard footfalls nearby and had instinctively shot.
When she looked over, she realized she had pierced the deer through the heart.
She looked around, huffing from dragging the deer.
She looked back as the frozen carcass.
'Useless now.' she thought, dropping the hoof she had been pulling it by.
'Berries. Can't eat all meat, it's not healthy for girls.' she walked toward a cliff, berry bushes circling it.
Suddenly a flash of silver caught her eyes.
"S-Sesshomaru-sama?" she said, staring at the tall, regal demon that stood at the edge of the cliff.
He turned, revealing two honeyed eyes.
"Rin.... I have found you." he said, walking toward her.
She gaped.
Were her eyes playing cruel tricks?
Was she laying in the snow, having strange dreams brought on by the cold?
As he neared her, she could feel the warmth radiating off his body.
"Then... It is real. You're really back." she just stood there, tears threatening to overflow.
Sesshomaru smiled, "Yes, it's really me. I have finally come... I am sorry it so long."
Rin stared at the tall, beautiful demon.
Sesshomaru gasped as she swung her arms around him, hugging his waist and burying her head in his chest.
"I have missed you..." she said, hugging him.
Sesshomaru looked down at her, a small smile playing on his lips.
He put his hand on her head, brushing her hair from her eyes.
"I have missed you too, and... I will not leave again. I promise." he said, picking up the teenage girl, as if she weighed nothing.
She smiled, small tears still trickling down her face.
"Don't let tears stain such a pretty face." he said, wiping her eyes.
Rin blushed, "O-Okay, Lord Sesshomaru."
Sesshomaru smiled, still brushing the tears off her face with the pad of his thumb.
"Let us go home dear Rin." he said, "Now... Where do you live?" he asked, looking around.
Rin pointed, indicating through the trees.
Sesshomaru nodded and jumped into the sky.
Rin gasped, clutching the collar of his haori tightly.
"It's okay, little Rin, I wouldnt let you fall." he said, holding the girl to his chest, his head resting on his shoulder.
"Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru." she said, smiling.
Her Lord had returned.

The author's comments:
Happy reading!!!! More chapter? Really? Want more chapters? You should review!!!!! =^.^=

Sesshomaru sat up, groggily rubbing his head.
'What happened?' he thought, looking around the small hut.
He smelled cooking meat...
He looked over at an unattended pan, wondering where Rin had gone.
He looked around the small pallet.
A small rumbling noises came from behind him.
Smiling, he looked over his shoulder at Rin, who was curled in a small ball, her raven hair fanned around her.
He growled quietly, poking her shoulder with a long talon.
'Wake up, Rin. Come on...' he thought.
She grumbled in her sleep and smiled.
'Oh, I'll let her sleep...' he carefully stood up and walked out, needing to stretch.

Sesshomaru grumbled, unable to speak.
'How am I going to be able to hide this from her?' he lashed his hand out, cutting down a nearby tree.
'That retched priestess... Bind my voice to the night! How... I will not be able to speak with Rin!' he mentally cursed, bringing down another tree with a stroke of his hand.
He suddenly stopped.
'That women... InuYasha's girl, eh? I am not in the mood for this...' he said, ignoring the presence behind him.
He began walking again, ignoring the women following him.
Quickly, he turned around, growling at the intrusive women.
'Leave women... Or face my talons.' he thought.
"Do you remember me?" she said, flinching back slightly at the defensive nature of the
Inu-Youkai.
He nodded slowly, his nails glowing an acidic green.
'Might as well humor the poor lass.'
"My name is Kagome. InuYasha's mate?" she said, blushing slightly at the term "mate".
'Stupid human wench! Why do you annoy me? Leave!' he growled again, pulling his talons back to slash the women.
She gasped, backing away.
She smelled of pure fear and... determination?
The girl fell, landing on the ground.
"I know how to break that curse!" she blurted, her words sluring together with fear.
'Break the curse that binds my Boise to the night? Can she?' he thought, 'It is possible... She is a priestess..'
He lowered his hand, looking at the women, her eyes closed.
He grumbled.
The girl looked up with large eyes, a look of surprise masked her face.
He nodded. He wanted to be able to speak...
The girls eyes widened more as a presence approached.
He smiled, 'InuYasha. Finally come for your women, eh?'
Sesshomaru spun his body, a green whip of light emenating from his fingers.
'You could have been too late brother. Can't even protect your women! It's sad!' he said, thrashing the whip and the younger Inu-Youkai.
"Stop it! Please!" a voice came from behind them.
'Rin?' he thought, turning his head.
With a quick stroke of his hand, Sesshomaru knocked the tetsusaiga, which had been poised for his chest, out of his brothers hand.
He watched, in pure amazement at the large sword rose into the sky and poised itself over Rin.
'Oh... No! Rin!' he quickly ran to her and pulled her out of the way, his angle caught a hefty blow with the sword.
He hissed in pain, holding Rin to his chest.
'Dammit!'
Rin looked at Sesshomaru, fear in her eyes.
"My Lord? Are you okay?" she asked, her hand tentatively touching his cheek.
He nodded, a pained look in his eyes.
"Lord Sesshomaru?" she asked on him.
'Yes? What is it Rin?' he thought, knowing that was what she wanted to hear, but instead, only a low grumble emanated from his chest.
Rin looked at him, her eyes welling up.
"Sesshomaru-sama? Why wont you speak?" she said, touching his cheek.
"He can't, Rin. He can't speak." Kagome said, looking first at Rin then Sesshomaru.
"But, I think I can help."

The author's comments:
Well.... what is he gonna tell our dear Rin????? FIND OUT LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =^.^=

Sadly, Rin looked in to her Lord's eyes.
That sweet honeyed gaze that broke her heart.
He held her to his chest, still wincing slightly from the gash at his ankle.
Slowly, Rin touched his cheek, noticing the slight red mixed with the gold.
He smiled, the red evaporating from his eyes, leaving them to there beautiful gold sheen.
"Why can't you speak?" she asked quietly, noticing the slight growl that escaped from his lips.
"Most likely a miko..." Kagome said, keeping her distance.
InuYasha looked around.
Sesshomaru nodded, his eyes clouded.
"B-But... you spoke last night..." Rin sighed out, resting her head on her Lord's chest.
Sesshomaru stroked her hair, laying his chin on her head.
'I am sorry... Rin...' Sesshomaru thought.
Slowly, Sesshomaru stood, wincing as his ankle strained.
"You shouldn't move yet." Kagome said, her eyes on his ankle.
He halted, holding Rin protectivly towards his chest.
Sesshomaru turned and growled.
Kagome's eyes widened as InuYasha jumoed in front of her.
Sesshomaru frowned, turning and walking off, limping slightly.
'I need to be with Rin...' he thought, listening to the girls slow breathing and rhythmic heart-beat.
He smiled, heading toward her home.
'She's asleep... how cute.' he kissed her forehead as he looked across the small field at her home.
He carefully opened the door, laying the sleeping girl on a pallet.
'Rin... If I am free of this... I will tell you.' he thought as he sat beside the door, dozing into a fitful sleep.

The author's comments:
XD CLIFFY!!!!!!!!! No flipping lemon/lime action in this story. DEAL. WITH. IT.

Sesshomaru's ears twicked at the sounds of the rain.
'Rin...' he thought, a small smile coming to him.
He slowly opened his eyes, looking at the small girl that layed her head in his lap.
His demon eyes saw, even through the darkness of the night, Rin's faint smile.
He ran his hand through her hair, a sad smile on his face.
'I have missed you so, Rin.' he thought, his lashes brushing his cheeks as he blinked back the tears that threatened to spill.
'How could I have left you for so long..?' he slowly rubbed the girls cheek, smiling at her.
'I have thought about you every day.' he traced the small scar that ran under her chin.
'I wonder... will you accept me?' a slow sigh came from him.
He looked at the girl, who's pale features were illuminated by the beautiful moonlight, 'She's so lovely.'
Rin smiled and nudged his hand in her sleep, a comfortable sigh slipped from her pink lips.
His eyes widened softly, and, though his eyes always looked hard and cold, they softened.
He finally allowed a small choacked sob coming from him.
'Rin... I have missed you so.' He cradled the girl to his chest, not noticing as her eyes slid open.
"S-Sesshomaru-sama? What is wrong." Rin put her hand to Sesshomaru's chest.
He tensed slightly, "Rin... I am sorry..."
Rin looked up, her eyes wide in wonderment.
"Sesshomaru-sama! You spoke..." she smiled, her eyes sparkling.
He touched his lips, "Yes... I did."
He smiled.
"Thank the Gods... Wait, why are you sorry? You have nothing to be sorry about." Rin said, looking at him in confusion.
"...I left you..." he said, staring at the small girl.
Rin sighed, "I told you... as long as you return, it doesn't matter when you come back."
He smiled, "Thank you, Rin... Don't get mad."
He slowly lowered his lips to hers and put his arms around her waist.

The author's comments:
=^.^= Come on. You know you love this comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It make me sad when youz no comment... =,v.v,=

Rin's eyes widened at the sudden contact.
'H-He... kissed me.' she thought, her arms at her side.
'Please don't let this be a dream.' she slowly put her arms around his neck.
He pulled away.
A slow sad sigh came from Rin's lips.
"Rin... I can speak, yet I am afraid to speak about... my feelings for you." he said, a sad smile graced his perfect lips.
'And... I can't be with you forever.' he thought, looking at the human girl.
Rin's oaken eyes... brought shivers to the inu-youkai.
"Lord Sesshomaru... I am afraid I love you." Rin said, looking at her hands, which lay in her lap.
Sesshomaru's eyes widened, even though he had known... having her say it...
The inu-youkai scooped Rin's hands in one of his.
"I love you too, dear Rin-chan." he said, pushing her chin so that she would look at him.
Rin's eyes sparkled, her smile making Sesshomaru feel, even though he had sinned innumerable, as if he was in the realm of kami.
Sesshomaru looked at Rin and smiled.
"I will stay with you forever. I will never leave again." he said, putting his forehead to her's.
'I will find a way for you to live as a demon.'
Rin smiled.
"And I will stay by you're side until the kami's fall." she said, gently kissing his nose.
'I will find a way to stay forever. I will become a demon.'

The author's comments:
KUKUU

Sesshomaru woke to the soft glow of the dawn light.
He smiled and ran his hand through the girls hair.
Rin shifted in her sleep, her hand against Sesshomaru's chest as she smiled, a soft glow surrounding her.
He carefully set the girl to his side and stood, brushing the dirt off his pants and straightening his shirt.
"I will come back' Rin..." he slowly opened the door, careful not to wake her.
He looked around the green field, decorated by the silvery dew.
He walked toward the trees, smelling the wolves before he saw them.
'Damn things...' he said, raising his hand to his side and striking the tree that their leader was behind with his talons.
A young wolf demon jumped back, her red-brown hair in a high ponytail.
"The daughter of Koga and Ayame?" he hated that he knew that.
"How do you know that?" she asked, eyeing him carefully.
"That half-breeds wench told me." he growled out, his lond talons bending as he resisted the urge to kill the girl.
"I am searching for something my wolves," she motioned to the aged wolves, "Wish to finally finish off."
He growled, smelling the familiar odor of those wolves... those things that killed Rin so long ago...
"...I am afraid... you shant have her." he growled, a slight red began to seep into his eye.
"Well then..." she smiled.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.