Arcadia: The Deadly Tower | Teen Ink

Arcadia: The Deadly Tower

May 4, 2012
By Raisa55 BRONZE, Dhaka, Other
More by this author
Raisa55 BRONZE, Dhaka, Other
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stay beautiful!


Author's note: Well...I was just walking around and then this idea came out of nowhere.

It wasn’t the first time when I got dragged out and got bitten for god’s sake. I lived in a place where things got out of hand every now and then. I never knew my parents and didn’t even have the urge to know. They left me and why should I even talk about them now? I was sitting at the long table without saying a word while other kids were muttering about something. When all of a sudden, the manager of the orphanage came to me. Her name was Jessica Monroe.

“There is someone waiting for you, Iris” she said politely.

“Thanks for informing” I got up from my chair and followed her.

She took me to the main office and brought the man who came.

“Are you Iris Osborn?” the man asked.

“Yes” I replied plainly.

The man sat down next to me. I sighed and that man looked at me.

“My name is Orazio Hanford” he introduced himself.

I kept silent while he took a sigh.

“I’m from Arcadia School of Sorcerer” he said.

My eyes flickered to him when he said the word ‘sorcerer’.

“So? What’s it with me?” I asked not to be rude.

“I came here to take you with me to Arcadia” he said.

A slight of happiness burst in my chest. I smiled looking at him but I had questions which were unanswered.

“How do you know me? And why are you taking me there?” I asked.

“I know you from when you were born. I’m taking you to Arcadia because you belong there. You’re now 10 so I’m here for you” he smiled.

His smile was breath taking and so I went to my room. Glad to get out of the orphanage. I took my kitten and then went to him.

“I’m ready” I said smiling.

He nodded and took my hand. We walked out and sat in the taxi. It was raining outside. The taxi drove us to a forest and Orazio…well that was his name, he paid and then I stood there in shock.

“Why are we here?” I asked.

“You’ll find soon” he smiled at me.

I was getting scared. What if he did something bad to me? He wasn’t that kind of person I guess. He was in his mid-twenties. “Abrir” out of nowhere Orazio said.

A pathway was opened and my jaw dropped in amazement. Orazio smiled at me and then took my hand taking me inside. The moment we got inside the pathway vanished. We were in a very different city. Unlike places like in New York this place was crowded and full of colors.

“Where are we?” I asked looking at the people.

“We’re in Mavelock Street” he said proudly.

It was the first time I ever went to a place like this. It was of coarsely not in New York because I never heard this place’s name before.

“I’d like to know what Arcadia School is of” I asked him.

“It’s were you learn to handle powers” Orazio informed.

“Powers? What powers?” I was surprised.

“Powers like…handling water, fire, air, weather etc” he said.

I couldn’t believe that I was going to go there. It was obviously very weird but I’ll just get over it.

“That shop’s name is Kenlovard. This is where you get your books and all. So go ahead and find out” he patted my back.

I ran to the shop and opened the door. There was no one.

“Is here anyone?” I asked.

Then a dwarf came in front of me.

“I’m Mr. Kent. Nice to meet you, Ms. Osborn” he greeted.

“Nice to meet you too, Mr. Kent” I greeted back.

“Maybe Hanford took you here, eh?” he asked.

“Hanford who?” I didn’t know who he was talking about.

“Orazio….Hanford” he informed me.

“Oh yes! Yes! For Arcadia School of Sorcerer” I said.

“Hmm…obviously you’re in 1st year. Let’s see” he went inside a pile of books.

I was searching for him as he was little. I couldn’t find him. I started getting a bit annoyed. I huffed. Then the dwarf…I mean Mr. Kent came with a lot of books. I stared at those blankly.

“These are your books” he handed me the books.

“Alright but the subjects? I really don’t know” I said getting confused.

“Of course you don’t know. Let me tell you while you make your books in order in the way I tell the names, okay?” he asked.

I nodded and took all the books on the blank table and he started.

“At first comes Sorcerer Book of Air, Sorcerer book of Water, Sorcerer book of earth and weather, Sorcerer book of Fire, Nature Work, Appearance change, History of Sorcerers, Sorcerer Legend, Laws and duties of Sorcerer and Controls and mind reads” he finished and I finished too.

There were in total 10 subjects. I was getting dizzy. I took my stuff. The thing that really surprised me was that all the lessons in the book were in a page and the other page was blank because of the works we had to do. I walked out to find Orazio.

“You finished?” Orazio took the books from my hand.

“Yes. Now what’s ahead?” I asked all exited.

“You must be hungry. Let’s go there. It’s called Cafélort” he took me inside.

We sat down and he ordered food. I looked around and then the food came. Maybe things were a bit weird around here. After we were done eating, he took me to a carriage.

“This is the end, Iris. You’ve to sit down. These are your books. I packed them inside the bag. This carriage will take you to your destination” he kissed my cheek.

Then he locked the door and the carriage started. There was no window so I couldn’t see anything. But thing was that I wasn’t suffocating. Quite impossible indeed! The carriage stopped and the driver turned around. His face was like an angel but the thing was that his eyes were pitch black so his eyes looked dangerous.

“Miss Osborn we’re at your destination” he opened the door.

It had barely been 5 minutes and we have already arrived? That’s stupid. Anyways! I got out with the bag and saw a huge palace ahead.

“That’s Arcadia. I’m Adel Oxford and so for your thought I’m not a driver. I was prophesied to be your carrier to Arcadia and so was Orazio” Adel said.

I nodded and he took my hand.

“Let me escort you inside” he took me inside the beautiful, well built palace.

“What do you mean by ‘prophesied’?” I asked.

“Everyone who comes here in 1st year comes with someone with whom their fate is bonded. You’ll understand when you start studying Sorcerer legend. I’m just a mere former student of Arcadia. Anyways! Orazio and I were meant to be your guardian up to here and now on I’ll be your guardian until you finish your studies here” he finished.

“What about Orazio?” I asked.

“He was just the locater for you but the person who escorts you here he/she is the guardian” he replied.

I nodded and then he stood in front of a door. He gave me my bag.

“This is the door. You go inside and you’ll find everything out” he left with that.

I opened the door to find……

I opened the door to find a lot of people like me standing. It was like 50 or more. I was stunned to see so many people together. I walked inside and stood next to someone.

“Hello! My name is Dragan Verner. Nice to meet you!! What’s your name?” he asked who was about my age.

“Nice to meet you too, Dragan. My name is Iris Osborn” I shook my hands with him.

“Look who’s speaking with a murderer’s child?” the boy said.

Everyone laughed at me except a girl. She came and stood next to me.

“Shut up, Vincent” she snapped on his face.

I smiled at her and she shook her hands with me.

“That guy is Vincent Zared. I’m Bedelia Willow. I know you, you’re Iris Osborn, right?” she asked.

“Yes. What was he talki-” I was cut of by a mid-thirties lady.

“Good evening everyone! I’m Xylia Sapphire. You’ll call me Ma’am Xylia. I’ll be escorting you to the hall of eternity. Follow me please” she finished and turned around. Everyone followed her to the hall of eternity. The giant door was opened and the beautiful hall was revealed. There were four separate tables cross-wise. I then saw an old man sitting in a grand chair with some other people. He stood up and looked at us.

“Now…welcome to all the 1st years. I am Zale Victor. I want to notify something to everyone. The third floor left corridors are forbidden and the tower beside the palace is forbidden. It’s called the deadly tower. Anyone goes there is going to be expelled or even get death by the creatures inside the tower” he sat down.

Ma’am Xylia came with a paper. Se turned around to us and started.

“Now, all you people will be divided into four groups or sections. The names of the groups will be Breeze, Flame, Rain and World. As I call names they will come here and from any of these four pillars, one pillar will speak his/her name and he/she will join that group” she said.

We all noticed that there were four pillars. One made of fire, the other made of water, the third one made of stones and mud and the last one made of air. The last one could be seen if you concentrate on it.

“Astoria Kenner!” a girl came in front.

The water pillar said aloud, “Astoria Kenner!” and everyone clapped.

“Astoria Kenner!” a girl came in front.

The water pillar said aloud, “Astoria Kenner!” and everyone clapped.

Astoria joined her group.

“Dragan Verner?” Ma’am Xylia said

And he went at front and then the fire pillar said, “Dragan Verner is all I need” everyone clapped and Dragan went to the group.

“Bedelia Willow?” then she was called and selected by the air pillar.

“Vincent Zared?” he went in front winking at me.

“Mine” the fire pillar said.

“Iris Osborn” everyone gasped and I went at the front. The pillars were silent. Everyone waited.

“I want Iris Osborn” two pillars talked. One fire and the other earth.

Everyone gasped again. Ma’am Xylia was stunned.

“It never happened before” she stated.

“I want her” fire pillar said.

I sighed and then earth pillar said, “Alright” everyone sighed in relief and clapped.

I joined my new group named Flame but sadly Vincent was there. In this was all the students were selected. We started eating. After we were done, the captain of the Flame team came.

“My name is Redmond Goth. I’m the captain and now I’ll take you to the Fame tower” we walked out of Arcadia palace and then went to a very large tower. It was totally made of fire. I was scared to touch them.

“Don’t be scared they won’t burn you” Redmond said.

“Okay” I answered.

I touched the wall and didn’t really burn me. I giggled. He stopped.

“Now, I’ll call names and a girl and a boy will be room mates. After every year this will be changed. First Vincent and Nancy, second Dragan and Iris…” he continued.

We went to our new room and we unpacked. I sat down exhausted.

“Umm…why did Vincent call me murderer’s daughter?” I asked.

“Well…I don’t know. Go to sleep, Iris” he turned his back and went to sleep in the other bed.

I pouted and then went to sleep. Who was Vincent talking about? The whole night was sleepless I couldn’t sleep. This new environment was very weird. The next morning, I woke up and there was a school uniform waiting on the chair. Dragan came out of the changing room and smiled.

“That is for you” I took it and went to change.
We had a logo close to our chest written Flame with a fiery sign. I chuckled and then walked out but soon bumped to…

But soon bumped to a boy. I bend down to get my books.

“I’m sorry” I said.

“Whatever” he said and walked pass me.

Well, that was rude. Dragan came to me and stood.

“What happened?” he asked me and we started walking.

“Nothing really” I closed the matter.

He nodded and we went to the great dining. As always there were four tables for four groups. We both sat down and from the other table Bedelia waved her hand at me. I waved her back. After we were done, we walked out and waited for Bedelia. She came to me and Dragan.

“First class is Air then Fire then Water then Air and weather and then Controls and mind reads” Bedelia said.

“What about the others?” I asked.

“The other five will be in the after noon” Dragan said.

I nodded and we went to our Air class. There was a woman of mid-forties.

“I’m Indy Ramón. You’ll call me Ma’am Ramón” we all nodded.

Then that boy I bumped with came in sight.

“You’re late Mr. Leo Jens” Ma’am Ramón said.

“Sorry” he mumbled and stood beside a girl whom I don’t know.

“What’s with him?” I asked Bedelia.

“He’s in World group. Sadly, he’s a loner and mysterious” she said.

He seriously seems mysterious. Anyways on with the class.

“Today we’re going to start our first lesson. It’s called Air Handle. So, who’d like to start the experiment first?” Ma’am Ramón asked.

Vincent and I came in front. He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes.

“Very good, Mr. Vincent Zared and Ms. Iris Osborn. Now come on” We came in front of a big rectangular box. If we give hand above it we can feel air bursting out of it.

“Now give both of your hands above it. Can you feel the air?” she asked. We both nodded.

“Good! Now make your hand into ball and keep on doing it” we started making our hand ball again and again. Then I soon found that I could hold the air in my hand. I chuckled.

“Very good” Ma’am Ramón clapped her hands.

“Now do it in thin air” she said.

We turned around from the box and tried doing it in normal air.

“Concentrate” she said.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and started doing it and I had a huge ball of air. Everyone clapped.

“Now throw it on that mud pillar” I did as I was said.

I threw it and the mud pillar broke down into pieces. Applause for me!

“Now what we’ve done you’ll write in your book. It’s an essay of 500 words” Ma’am Ramón informed us.

After the class, Dragan joined me to the Fire class. I was surprised to see Orazio as the teacher.

“I’m Orazio Hanford. You’ll call me Sir Orazio, alright. So, on with the class. Who wants to come in the front?” he asked.

“Ah! Very good, Ms. Iris” I looked at him in confusion.

I looked at back. Everyone was at behind. I gulped and came at front. There was a bucket of fire. I wonder where it came from.

“Concentrate and take a deep breath. I think you know how to make your hand into a ball, right? So, see that plastic figure in front. Think that’s your enemy and so you’ve to destroy him. Take the fire and do it” I nodded.

I tried taking the pile of fire but I couldn’t. Then all of a sudden, I became really angry and the fire came in my hand. I took it but in place of throwing it the fire was coming out of my hand directly to the enemy. Everyone gasped. I was shocked too. Then there were claps.

“Wow! What they say is true then” he said.

I was wondering what he meant by that.

“Anyways, you’ll write an essay on fire handling of today. 600 words!!”

The class continued and ended too. We walked out and Bedelia came.

“How did you do that?” she asked.

“I’ve no idea” I answered.

“It’s in her blood” Dragan answered.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing, nothing” he said.

I nodded in disbelief. But I didn’t ask him anything. But I’ll make him spit it out eventually. Then again I saw Leo standing alone. He looked at me evilly and smirked. I backed off a bit and joined the others.

“Welcome kids. I’m Percy Evan. Just call me Evan sir. So, today we’ll learn how to change weather. Can anyone tell me how we can change it?” Evan sir asked.

I raised my hand and then he said, “Go on”.

“It depends on what our mood is of. For example, if we are sad we can change the weather to winter, if we are happy then we can change the weather to spring and sunny” I said.

“Very good, Iris” Evan sir said.

“How about you come in front, Iris?” he smiled.

I went in front of thought about my mood. I was a bit of happy and sad so I looked up in the sky. The sky changed into a cloudy way.

“Wow! I didn’t expect you to do in first time but you did. Very good! Your mother was great at it always” he said.

My mother? My mother used to study here? That means everyone knows about my family here. I’m gonna ask Bedelia and Dragan today. We then walked to controls and mind reads class. Ma’am Xylia came.

“I’ll take your controls and mind reads” she said.

“Mind reads will be at first. There’s nothing much to learn. It’s just you’ve to concentrate and then look into someone’s eye and then you can read their mind. How about Iris and Leo?” she said.

Leo and I? Impossible! I went in front and sat in front of him.

“Iris, you’ll be the one to read his mind” I nodded.

I looked deep into his eyes and saw that there was a lady and a man who was being killed. I looked at the other side quickly.

“What did you see?” the teacher asked.

“A man and a lady getting killed” everyone gasped.

The class ended and we went to the library to do our home work. After an hour, I was done and so was Dragan.

“You know something about my family. Please tell me Dragan” I pleaded.

He looked at me and I noticed that his eyes were dark grey and heart melting. I shrugged my thoughts off and he started….

He started his long story of my family.

“Well, I don’t know it’s whether truth or not but I just know some parts of it, Iris” he said sighing.

“Whatever you know just tell me, Dragan” I said annoyed.

“Alright. Well, your father’s name was Chase Osborn. He was one of the greatest sorcerers in the Sorcering world. He was in the Flame group. Not only him but the whole Osborn family were great sorcerers. Then when he was studying here he met your mother, Evanna Lynn. She was in the Rain group. They got married later on and you were born. But then someone came and destroyed your whole family. All we know is your father and mother killed someone and died. That’s why you were called the murderer’s child” Dragan said.

Listening to this, my eyes were watery. I wiped my tears and got up. I went to my room and kept my books taking the class’s books.

“Where are you going?” Dragan asked.

“To class” I said plainly and got away.

Soon I was stopped by the bad guy Vincent.

“Hey! Where are you going, murderer?” he asked smirking.

I didn’t reply and shoved him off from the path and went to my next class which was Nature work. I wonder why it’s important. A big man came to us and stood in front.

“My name is Randy Peter. Call me Sir Randy” he said.

He looked like a jolly man and no wonders how he could smile so big that made us laugh.

“Chop, chop. Let’s start work. Today we’re going to start planting which is a very good work, eh?” everyone giggled.

He gave us seeds and we started planting. For a moment, I forgot what sadness was because I was very happy. Bedelia came to me.

“What’s wrong, Iris? You seem a bit off” she asked.

“Nothing happened” I smiled at her.

I knew she didn’t agree to what I said but doesn’t matter.

“You know what? Yesterday night I deer went in the deadly tower and was found dead a few minutes back outside the tower” she said to me almost hissing.

“Hmm…” I didn’t say anything more.

I was really enthusiastic to know what really was in there but who wants to get expelled or worst die. The class ended and we headed to our appearance changing class. It was taken by an old lady named, Matilda Tibbeth.

“Today we’re going to change into a different person” Madam Matilda said.

“Let’s see…Dean Thomas and Iris Osborn” she picked.

I rolled my eyes and went in front.

“Now…how about you both hold each others hands and said ‘Mafioso Enchant’?” we both repeated the word and in a blink we were changed.

I was Dean and he was Iris. Everyone laughed and I giggled.

“Now to exchange yourself back to that say ‘Mafioso Enchanto’” we repeated the word and we were back to ourselves.

“Madam Matilda, if one says the word and the other doesn’t will they change?” Dragan asked.

“No. They won’t it depends on both the people” she said.

Dragan nodded and soon the class was over. Soon the other three classes were over too. We sat in the library doing our homework. I was done and I stretched.

“I’m done. I’m exhausted” I said groaning.

“Me too” Bedelia said.

We took our books and Dragan and I separated from Bedelia. Then while we walked out of the Arcadia palace and was walking to our tower we saw Leo to walk inside the deadly tower.

“Isn’t that…..Leo?” Dragan breathed out.

“I guess so. Why is he going there? We need to find out” I was walking to the tower. Dragan stopped me.

“Hey! Hey! You’re not going inside there. Not to get killed” Dragan said.

“Let me go” I said.

Dragan wouldn’t leave me and then I saw Leo coming out.

“Hide” I said Dragan.

We hide behind the bushes and saw him coming out smirking.

“How did he even come alive?” Dragan hissed.

“I don’t know but we’re going to find out” I hissed back.

We went to our tower and Redmond was standing in front of us angry.

“Where were you two?” he asked.

“Well…we got lost…a bit” Dragan said confused himself.

I was mentally smacking him right on the face. How can we get lost? The tower is just 2 minutes away from the Arcadia palace.

“Lost?” Redmond asked raising his eyebrow.

I smiled nervously and dragged Dragan to our room.

“Were you crazy?” I asked him smacking him on the head.

“What?” he asked.

“The Flame tower is just two minutes away from the Arcadia palace so how can we get lost?” I asked him.

He rolled his eyes and went to the washroom to get changed. Right! Way better to roll your eyes on me. After he came out, I went in and then got changed. But all I could think was about Leo. There is something about that boy and something dangerous. I’ve to find out……

6 months later…It had been 6 months since I came to Arcadia and I was happy to be here. But I couldn’t find anything against Leo. He was up to something and I didn’t know what. Dragan and Bedelia wouldn’t let me go inside the deadly tower. They are crazy. We were in the Nature Work class and we were doing an assignment on plants. All of a sudden, I saw a locket lying on the grand near the oak tree.

“Whose locket is this?” I asked to myself.

Sir Randy came and I quickly kept the locket in my bag pack.

“What are you doing, Iris?” he asked suspiciously.

“Nothing! I was just admiring the nature” I smiled.

He nodded and then walked to the other students. I sighed in relief and then Bedelia came to me.

“Girl, what was that in your hand really?” she asked taking my bag pack away.

“I’ll show you later” I took my bag pack from her hand.

After the class ended, we went to the library. It was our last class so we just went to the library to finish our home work.

“Dragan, Bedelia let me show you this” I took the locket and showed them.

“This is Leo’s. Where did you find this?” Dragan asked.

“In the forest today. What was he doing in the forest?” I asked.

“Look there is something written inside” Bedelia showed us.

“Blake Frost? Who’s Blake Frost?” I asked.

“I don’t know” Dragan and Bedelia said in unison.

“Well, we need to find out then” we quickly got up and then started searching the library. Soon we found a book where there was named Blake Frost.

“I found it” I cheered and then we sat down to read.

“Blake Frost is one of the former students of Arcadia School of Sorcerer. He died and some people say that he reincarnated” Bedelia read.

“If he’s dead, why is Leo wearing a locket of his name?” Dragan asked.

“I think we’ll figure it out if we go to Deadly Tower” I said.

“No way! I’m not going inside” Bedelia said.

“Who’s not going where?” someone said.

We turned around to see Vincent and his little friends. I rolled my eyes.

“Are you stalking us?” Bedelia asked. Way to go!!

“No!” he replied glaring and he left.

“He needs to stop glaring at people” Dragan said and I laughed.

Then at the dinner time, Sir Zale Victor stood up from his chair.

“Ahm…well, there’s going to be a competition between the Breeze and Flame group. It’s called the Sorcerer battle. The group which wins will be gaining 50% marks in their exams” he sat down.

“I heard about it. The selection starts from tomorrow” Dragan whispered.

I am going to participate. After the dinner was done, I went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Iris!! Where are you?” someone called.

I was looking for something. I went inside the deadly tower. It wasn’t all scary. It was heavenly. Then I saw a lady.

“Iris dear! Why are you here?” she asked.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“I’m your mother, Evanna” she said pulling me into a hug.

I hugged back. But then soon a fire bolt came and hit mother.

“Mother!” I screamed and she fell down in my arms.

I saw a man laughing at us. I went to kill that man but then everything was blur….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up panting. I never had a nightmare before then why is this? What is happening to me? What is wrong with me? I wiped my sweats and went to sleep which was dreamless fortunately….

The next morning, I woke up with sweats again. This time it wasn’t the nightmare but because I was too much scared to wake up and see something stupid. I put on my uniform and walked out to the living room. Vincent and his little friends started laughing at me.

“What are you laughing at?” I asked him annoyed.

“Today it’s our day off, Osborn” he said stopping his laugh.

I glared at him and went to my room. I groaned and sat down. Last night’s nightmare still haunted me. Dragan came in and looked at me.

“You won’t come for the selection?” he asked.

“I’m coming after I get changed” I said and went to the washroom.

I changed my uniform into a nice outfit. I walked out and everyone stared at me in amazement. I rolled my eyes and then walked out to see Dragan waiting for me.

“Well, I’m hungry so I’ll have breakfast first” I said and he nodded.

We went to the dining hall and then sat down to eat. We were eating when Bedelia came to me.

“Hey, I guess Leo is up to something again. He was talking to so-” she couldn’t finish her sentence as she was abruptly pushed by Leo himself.

“What’s wrong with him?” Dragan asked glaring at him.

“Something’s wrong that we gladly don’t know” I said him angrily.

If Dragan had let me gone into the tower I could’ve found out what’s happening.

“For you, we couldn’t even find out how he’s related to Blake Frost” I hissed at him.

“What? I’m scared of taking risks” he said.

I rolled my eyes and finished my breakfast. Bedelia, Dragan and I went to the selection grounds and then saw a man.

“I’m Linford Galor. I’ll be the selector for the battle of Breeze and Flame” he said.

As time passed, people were selected from Breeze and fortunately Bedelia wasn’t selected. I wouldn’t want to compete my own friend. Then time came for Flame group. The names were called.

“First Dragan Verner and Vincent Zared come” everyone clapped and then they went in front.

The battle began and they both were playing quite well when I saw Leo staring at me. His eyes were red like blood. I was going to call Bedelia when I saw that Leo was gone. That was so weird. I shrugged off my thoughts and concentrate in the game. The battle was over and Linford clapped his hands.

“I’m quite impressed. You both are selected” Dragan smirked and Vincent glared at him.

“Now Iris Osborn and Leo Jen” he called.

Why is it always had to be me with him? We both went on the grounds preparing to be dead meat. Leo’s eyes were red again with a black mixture. The game started and it was a deadly battle. His fire comes in balls while my came from my hand. The range of fire started growing as I got angrier and was determined to be over him and win. Everyone felt the intense environment of the battle as it got more frightening. I don’t know why but it felt like he was going to kill me so my answer in my defense had to be more powerful. Linford stopped the battle so that we don’t hurt each other.

“You both are great competitors. You both are selected so done…four players from Flame group” everyone cheered.

I glared at him while he glared at me back. He was gone in a second. I can feel that the battle is not going to be between Breeze and Fame but between Leo and me. I know he was trying to kill me but why? So many questions but no answer….

“You did great, Iris” Bedelia said.

“Thanks but…” I stopped at Dragan found out what I was going to say.

“He was trying to kill you and did you notice his eyes?” Dragan asked.

“Yes. His eyes…were scary and I wonder why he was trying to kill me” I thought for a second but then I stopped.

We went to the dining hall for lunch. After the lunch was done, we went to the near by lake and sat down to talk.

“I know something’s wrong. I can smell it” I said.

“I think Iris it right. We should find out what he’s up to” Bedelia agreed.

“Well, maybe. I don’t know” Dragan said as insecure as always.

“This thing is going somewhere that we less thought. There are now two mysteries. One: how is he related to Blake Frost? And two: Why did he try to kill me?” I said in a deep voice.

“Maybe he’s trying to do something” Bedelia said.

I didn’t reply. All I could think about the two mysteries which were unsolved. I knew it was related me but what? It didn’t make any sense. Maybe knowing more about Blake could be the answer to these unsolved mysteries.

The other day was also the same. Our day off was an advantage of finding clues against Leo. We couldn’t tell anyone because that was going to be unsafe.

“Hey! I found a book of Blake Frost” Dragan cheered.

We were in the library the other day. So, all we were searching for a book related to Blake Frost.

“I’m going to read it” I said taking the book from Dragan’s hand.

I opened the book to see a picture of Blake Frost.

“Wow! He was enchanting, isn’t?” Bedelia said in a dreamy voice.

“Shut up, Bedelia. Concentrate! Okay, let’s start. Blake Lucifer Frost was the descendant of one the founder of Arcadia School of Sorcerer. He was sent into a wrong group and so his destiny was ill fated. Things started to change as he started to gather soldiers and most of them were dark souls. He was related to dark souls so deep that people say that it was the dark souls who killed him or maybe even Chase and Evanna Osborn. The myth has not been confirmed yet. Blake Frost used to wear a locket with his name written on it but no one knows where the locket is now. Some even say that he fa…..” I stopped reading.

“Why did you stop reading?” Dragan asked.

“Because there’s nothing more written” I said showing it to them.

“How is it possible? An unfinished book? It’s an omen” Bedelia said as her voice cracked in frighten.

“What do you mean?” Dragan and I asked.

“In the Sorcering World an unfinished book is an omen. People who read it face terrible death in near future. One of the Sorceresses named Annabelle Merchant died because she read an unfinished book” she said tears already coming out of her eyes.

“Oh god! You believe in these?” I asked laughing.

“It’s true” Bedelia yelled.

“Alright, alright. I read it, right? If someone has to die then it’ll be me not you people so just relax and by the way, I’m not going to die until I find out the mystery for sure” I laughed.

“Not funny, Iris” Dragan slapped my arm.

“The thing is that, the locket that we found that is the locket of Blake Frost but then how is it with Leo?” I asked.

“There you go. Another question of eternity” Bedelia giggled.

“Ugh! So many questions…my head’s not even working” Dragan said.

I know. My head is not working either but now a new phase of this mystery starts and the dilemma starts more. We’re in a blind case where we have no clue and no person to tell us the truth. No person to tell the history and Leo himself is doing something terrible that I can’t find out. We walked out of the library and were heading to the practice grounds when Leo walked passed us whispering in a funny language.

“You’ll never find out” I looked at him and he smirked with his eyes this time pitch black.

I tried following him but in a blink of an eye he was gone. How did he do that? He’s just a mere boy of 10, right? Or is he even a mere boy of ten? Sometimes it’s not what it seems to be....

We headed to the practice grounds to find Vincent practice.

“Breeze group’s member is not allowed to come here, Verner” Vincent snickered.

“Whatever” Dragan murmured.

“I should leave now” Bedelia left with that.

“Where’s Leo?” I asked.

“He practiced already. He’s not as late as you, Osborn” he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. How this guy annoyed me? I was mentally kicking him in the stomach but fortunately he’s still alive in front of me. If I find him alone one day, god knows how many limbs he will loose.

“I know what you’re thinking” Dragan whispered.

“Mind reads classes are doing good things on you, eh Dragan?” I asked with a bit of a mock at him.

He sarcastically backed off and fake gasped. I laughed at him fake expression and started practicing. I saw Leo to come here. I wasn’t in the mood to hold a fight with him but whenever I see him my anger starts boiling.

“The battle’s tomorrow. Right?” Dragan asked me.

I nodded and then stopped the practice. The battle was mainly of the 1st years and so we were selected. Then again in a blink Leo was gone. This guy is playing with my head and so I’ll not let him to play with my head anymore. I started following him but unfortunately I lost him. This happens most of the time but I promise myself that by the end of this month, this guy’s face will be in front of the reality. I’ve still seen him going to the deadly tower and I know that this whole mystery lies in the deadly tower but if my friends let me get in then I can. Especially Dragan is scared of these things. He’s a bit of a coward but then again he shows that he’s not while he knows, Bedelia knows and I know that he is a coward. Bedelia is not afraid of challenges but she’s afraid to loose her life in vain. I am the only one who’s not afraid to die because I’ve no one really in this world. I went to the Flame tower and went to my room trying to figure out the last words of that unfinished book. What can it be? This thing was in my head and I couldn’t get it right. I saw the locket in my right hand and touched it delicately. I really fancied this locket like it was close to my heart. I kept the locket aside with the book and went to sleep….

Sleeping wasn’t that easy for me as the same nightmare came back all over again. Things were getting out of hand as the night passed slowly. I got up from bed watching Dragan sleep and talking in his sleep. I chuckled and got out of the bed. I walked down the stoned stairs to the huge living hall. I sat down on the corner sofa and deliberated about the whole Leo matter. First of all, he goes to the deadly tower. Second, he knows Blake Frost. Third, his eye color changed and he disappeared in seconds. Fourth, he tried to kill me. Nothing fit in place. Then I thought of going to the library once again. I slowly sneaked out of the Flame tower and then went in the interior of the school. The school was drain and there was no resonance. I went to the library and then tried to find another book of Blake Frost. Soon I initiated a book correlated to Blake Frost. I opened the book and started reading.

After 45 minutes or more than that I found out the most shocking news that gave me goose bumps. Shivers ran down my spine as I quickly kept the book and ran outside. I went to the Flame dorm and then sat down on my bed catching my breath. The night went as I kept on thinking about the shock.

Morning came faster as I felt asleep and was shaken awake by Dragan.

“Did you go somewhere last night, Iris?” Dragan asked.

“Yeah” I said yawning.

“You might want to answer some things to the librarian, Iris” he said.

I gulped and quickly dressed up running to the library. The librarian, Ms. Amy looked at me furiously.

“Did you come here last night?” she asked. Anger could be heard from her high-pitched voice.

“Yes. I couldn’t sleep so I came here to read” I said looking down to my feet.

“Look what mess you’ve done to my library” she said pointing out the fallen books on the floorboards.

I sighed and she started rearranging things.

“Why did you come here?” Bedelia asked me silently.

“I’ll tell you later” I ran to my class as I was getting behind schedule.

All the classes ended in a progression and we three friends gathered up to hear.

“So, what did you find out?” Bedelia questioned.

“Maybe Leo is related to Blake Frost because like Leo, Blake’s eye color used to change and he could go away in a blink” I said.

Both of their jaw hanged to the ground as they imagined terrible things.

“Are you sure?” Dragan asked.

“I read it last night and more overly Blake could change appearance” I said.

“Wait a minute…then are you referring to this conclusion that Leo is Blake?” Bedelia asked.

“Might be because the things Leo does is not normal and you know that” I alleged.

They both nodded in concurrence. If we really did find answers then we’ve still two things left. One…why is he trying to kill me and then second…why did he go to the deadly tower?

While we were talking, I quickly remembered about the battle.
“We’ve to go for the battle” I informed.
“Oh my….let’s go or else we’re going to be dead” Dragan took my hand and we ran to the battle ground.
As soon as we reached, we catch our breath and went to Linford.
“Where were you two? The battle starts in 5 minutes” he said angrily.
“Sorry” we went to the tent and then changed our clothes.
After we were done changing, we both walked out. My eyes went to Leo whose eyes were red again. He smirked as soon as he saw me. He was up to something and I knew it but what? We four players walked out to the field to find hundreds of people sitting to watch the battle.
“I didn’t know that there will be so many people” Dragan whispered.
I nodded and gulped lightly. I was scared and I was trembling from inside. The game announcer, Kevin sat down.
“Today we’re going to pair up players. From Flame Leo and Iris” he announced.
There you go again! Why me? Why him? In this way pairs were made.
“The game begins in 3….2…..1….go!” Kevin screamed.
The battle started slowly. The game was somewhat like this that you’ve to reach the gold coin at the top of a mountain and you’ll use your power against the other group. Like Leo and I are gonna be the catchers beating the Breeze group’s catcher while Dragan and Vincent are gonna be the stoppers from letting them catch the gold coin and the opposite stoppers are gonna stop us.
As we ran through the mud way, the breeze catchers tried to stop up by giving wind. I protected us and kept on running. We got closer to the coin but the breeze catchers were in front and luckily Vincent was able to stop them. Soon we lost our ways, darkness came in and all I could see was the red eyes of Leo.
“You’ll die here” someone whispered in my ears.
My eyes were getting blurry but I didn’t stop running. Someone was stopping me from running making my breath heavier and I was getting suffocated. Like someone was beating me on my back.
Then I fought the pain and fought the voices in my head and soon came closer to the mountain. I ran and ran and ran and then got the coin.
“The battle’s over. Flame wins!!” Kevin said and everyone cheered.
I took a deep breath showing the coin to everyone but then I knocked out.
The next thing I knew that I was in bed with people around me.
“Where am I?” I asked with pounding in my head.
“In the medic section. Don’t worry you’re fine” Sir Zale said.
I kept on lying on the bed when Bedelia and Dragan came to me.
“Are you feeling alright?” Bedelia asked.
“Not really” I said.
I could feel the pain in my legs and right hand.
“What happened to me?” I asked.
“You knocked out. You were suffocating and Ms. Lavender found out that you had bruises all over your legs and right hand. Did someone beat you?” Dragan asked.
“No. But I could feel the pain while I was running. Someone was talking to me” I said closing my eyes.
“Who?” Bedelia asked.
“I don’t know” I replied.
“Give her some rest” Sir Zale said.
“Can I stay?” Dragan asked.
“Alright” Sir Zale took Bedelia with him and Dragan stayed back with me.
This is what I call friends…

A week later…I was alright now and I was very happy to meet my friends again. They were always beside me and especially Ma’am Xylia had been a great help. I wore my school uniform and then walked out of the Flame Tower. I walked to the dining hall and Bedelia came to me running. She hugged me tightly.
“I missed you, Iris” she said.
“I missed you too” I replied wiping tears away from my face.
Dragan came and hugged me too. I missed him so much. He was there most of the time. Telling me stories and giving me information about Leo. Well, one thing’s for sure it was Leo who tried to kill me again at the battle. We three sat down and ate breakfast.
“Listen, I’ll accompany you to the Deadly Tower” Dragan said to me.
“Thank you, Dragan!” I said.
He smiled at me and then we kept on eating breakfast.
“Everyone!! Because of the victory of the Flame Group. You all will be having a day break” Sir Zale said.
Everyone screamed in happiness and I covered my ears with my hands. We went to our tower and then I changed my uniform into a good cloth. We walked out to the garden and Bedelia came breathless.
“Leo….he’s going to do something in the next two nights at the deadly tower” Bedelia said.
“Then tonight is the time when we follow him” I said.
Dragan and Bedelia nodded and then we sat down in the garden.
“It doesn’t fit. Why is he going there anyways? If he’s Blake Frost then Blake will go there why?” I asked being all confused.
“I’m getting confused. I think we’ll get the answer when we go there tonight” Bedelia said.
“To face our death” Dragan gulped.
I rolled my eyes and kept my head on Bedelia’s shoulder. Today something will happen that we least expected. For me, Bedelia and Dragan are risking there lives. This is not good.
“You don’t need to come with me” I said them.
“No! We started this together. We’ll end it together” Dragan said smacking my head lightly.
I smiled at how good they were. But if the deadly tower has something to do with me then I’m going to find out.
“Hey! Everyone’s going to the carnival” a girl from Rain said.
“What carnival?” Dragan asked.
“The yearly carnival at Woodlander” she informed as.
“Where’s Woodlander?” I asked.
“I’ll show you” Bedelia took my hand and dragged me there.
We kept on walking until we came to Woodlander. It was beautiful. It was like the carnivals in New York. It was tremendous and breathe taking. Bedelia took me to a shop where there was fire ball play.
“What is that really?” I asked pointing at a tent.
“That’s the house of water. It’s really beautiful” Bedelia said me.
We walked inside the house of water. It was beautiful. Everything inside was made of water even chairs and tables. I chuckled at the things. We got out and then rode some rides. While we were in Ferris wheel we could see the deadly tower and Arcadia palace from there.
“I never noticed how beautiful Arcadia looks” I let out a breathe of amazement.
Bedelia nodded and started pointing at things. The ride was over and we walked to Dragan. Dragan was looking very worried.
“What happened?” Bedelia asked Dragan.
“The dark souls are taking over the deadly tower” he said.
“What are you talking about?” I asked.
“It’s full moon now. We’re fooled. The people around us are souls. Can you find a single person whom you know?” Dragan asked.
We noticed that there was no one from our school. We three gulped and we started walking out of the carnival when we were stopped by the dark souls.
“Where are you going?” one asked with a dark voice.
“Nowhere” I replied.
My voice was cracking and we were getting ready to attack.
“Attack now” I whispered to both of them.
We took the advantage of their non-attention and attacked on them. We fought some of the dark souls and then ran out of the Woodlander fake carnival…

We kept on running and running and we lost our paths and all I could do was breath as much as heavy I could.
“Where are we?” Dragan asked bending down trying to have breathed.
“I don’t have any idea” I said leaning against the tree.
“We can’t go back like this. How will we go back to Arcadia?” Bedelia was near to tear up.
“We’ll find something” I said assuring her lightly.
I myself had no idea how to get back. We just can’t walk not knowing where to go. We just stayed there for a while. It was getting dawn. We were lost and were starving badly.
“Iris!! Dragan!! Bedelia!!” someone called our names.
“See, someone’s coming for us” I said happily.
Soon three people came in our site. It was Orazio, Sir Percy and Sir Randy.
“Ah! We were so scared” Orazio hugged me.
“Come kids. We need to get you back” they took us back to Arcadia.
We sat down in Sir Zale’s office. We were in great danger and we knew it.
“Why did you go to Woodlander?” Sir Zale asked.
“There was a girl from Rain who came and told us that there’s going on a yearly carnival so we went there” Bedelia said.
“Well, the carnival ended two days back” Ma’am Xylia said.
“You’ll be serving detention today with me” Sir Zale said and we departed.
“Way to go!” Dragan exclaimed being all angry.
“It wasn’t our fault” I said.
He groaned and rolled his eyes. It was all my fault. We went to our tower and then dressed up to serve detention. We went to Sir Zale’s office and saw him drinking tea.
“You’ll be patrolling the backyards near the deadly tower” he said plainly.
Dragan and Bedelia were already half-dead listening to the news. They were trembling and shaking badly. They some how managed to nod and we all walked out.
“Near the deadly tower? Is he gone crazy?” Bedelia asked stomping her foot.
I rolled my eyes because I was pretty exited. We went to the backyard. The backyard was always very empty. No one went there especially at night.
“My legs pain from running” Dragan moaned.
“Mine too” I said.
We started patrolling and soon we heard a jackal calling from a distance.
“Why does it always have to happen at night?” Bedelia asked.
We three were scared a bit. Then I noticed someone coming from far away.
“Who’s coming here now?” I murmured.
I kept an eye on that thing and soon you could see a dark soul. Bedelia and Dragan screamed while I stayed there in shock.
“Run Iris!” Dragan said pulling my hand.
I soon came back to my sense and ran. The dark soul was following us and little we knew we were already inside the deadly tower.
“This is not good” Bedelia whispered.
“We’re inside the deadly tower” Dragan whispered back.
“Finally” I cheered.
They looked at me like I was crazy. I knew we were going to die inside here right now but who cares? I need to know about Leo. I need to find out why does he want to kill me? Why is he attacking me? What did I do to him?
Is it something related my parents or me? My history lies in the fates of the deadly tower…..

“We should get back now” Bedelia said as her voice cracked at every single word that came out of her mouth.
“I don’t think so” someone said making us turn around.
But unfortunately there was no one. We were trembled in fear. Death was near us and for some reasons something told me that this was not the night for us. I had no idea why but it just felt. A single thing couldn’t be seen.
“We should just go” I said making them go through a slight shock.
“What are you waiting for? Let’s go” I said while dragging them out.
We soon were out of the deadly tower. We ran to Sir Zale’s office and then knocked on the door. No one answered. We kept on knocking but no one really answered.
“Maybe he’s asleep” Bedelia said.
“We should just wait here” Dragan said.
We sat down in front of hi office and sat down getting a relief that we were out of the deadly tower. We all were shocked about what just happened a few minutes ago. I didn’t have a clue that I came out of there where I was longing to go. The mystery still continues and I’ve no idea if I’ll be able to get back there again. It was not less than a nightmare. I was going to get to the core by any means and it won’t be that long enough. You just wait and watch Leo.
My eyes fluttered open to see Mr. Zale standing in front of us with wide eyes. I yawned and shook the other two and so they also woke up.
“I thought you’ll be in your towers” he asked confused himself.
“You told us to serve detention” Dragan reminded him.
“Oh! Forgetful me! I forgot so did you finish?” Zale asked.
“Wel-” I cut off Bedelia.
“Yes. Can we get a day off?” I asked.
“For your information, today IS our day off” he said with a determined voice.
We all nodded and then went to our towers but before I went Bedelia stopped me.
“Why did you stop me?” she asked. I knew she would’ve asked.
“Some things shouldn’t be known by the others” I smirked and went to Flame Tower.
I drifted off to sleep as soon as I touched the pillow. I was very tired and I knew that I won’t be able to wake up today.
I yawned and found myself in the medic section and it was afternoon.
“Why is it always me lying in the bed of the medic section?” I mumbled to myself.
Then the care taker of the medic section, Mrs. Anamosa came and sat next to me.
“Why am I here…again?” I asked getting slightly annoyed.
“You were sleeping for two days” she said with a smile.
“Two days?” I almost yelled.
“Yes. I think you were too tired. Mr. Dragan Verner thought that you’ve gotten ill so he took you here” she said handing me a glass of water.
I drank the whole water and yawned. I got up from bed feeling a bit light headed. I walked to the Arcadia palace and then everyone saw me almost glared. I was shocked. I then saw Leo smirking at me. I gave a death shot to him and he looked to the other side. I went to Ma’am Xylia’s room and opened the door.
“Ah! You’re awake” she said giving me a grin.
I sat down on the chair and she gave me a page and a pen.
“What is this?” I asked.
“You’re going to have a big detention today. You’ll be writing 4000 words essay on how you’re sorry about going inside deadly tower” she said with a deep voice.
“Why?” I asked angrily.
“Your little friends are doing it too” I looked on the other side to see them crying while blood came out of their hands.
I was shocked to see this. Does Sir Zale know about this? This is illegal.
“Does Sir Zale know about this?” I asked her.
“He doesn’t need to know some things” she glared at me.
“You know the consequences of going inside the deadly tower so you serve detention” she said as her eyes got red.
Did Leo do something to her too? I tried to get up from the sit but something was holding me.
“You won’t be able to get up” she said while getting out of her office.
As I wrote down in the paper, my hands started cutting. That’s why Bedelia and Dragan are crying? A single tear dropped from my eyes too as I wrote but I didn’t whimper. I fought the pain and finished the detention.
“I finished it” my hands were full of cut marks.
“Good. You may go now” she let us go.
We three got out. Bedelia couldn’t stop crying as the pain was very bad. I understood but I wouldn’t cry.
“I told you…you’ll never get to me” Leo said.
“I will and when I do it’ll be the last day of your life” I said to him.
I got out of Arcadia palace and then went to the tower. I bandaged my hand and cried myself to sleep. As time passed the pain in my hand got unbearable.
“It’s called the writing curse” Dragan whispered to me.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“If you do something really bad then…” he said before drifting off to sleep.
I knew how much pain he was going through. I thought about Bedelia. This is happening because of me and I’m going to get to Leo by hook or by crook and I’ll get my payback…..

The next morning, my eyes fluttered next to my bed where I saw a trembling Dragan. I quickly went to him and saw his temperature. He was burning in fever. I went to the captain and we took him to the medic section.
“What happened to him?” Mrs. Anamosa asked worried.
“Well, he was in fever when I woke up” I replied.
“From where did he have these cuts?” She asked pointing at his hands.
Mrs. Anamosa saw them in my hands too and was worried.
“It’ll be better if we don’t speak about this” I said looking down at my feet.
She nodded and then started healing Dragan. I walked out of the medic section and saw Bedelia standing outside.
“Are you alright now?” I asked her.
“Yeah…a bit” she said whimpering again.
I hugged her tightly and said, “We’ll be alright”.
She nodded and then we went to our class. The class went as usual and everyone was getting ready for the final term but my head was in the Leo matter still. I just couldn’t think anything of it.
“Bedelia…tonight will you help me go to the deadly tower?” I asked her. I was expecting a no.
“Yeah” she said smiling.
She was brave enough to say yes because we knew the circumstances. As the day passed, the fear in our mind grew. It started to rain outside and it was a good environment but who knew that actually behind this good environment laid a fearful history. A history that is located in that tower which caused so much trouble. I was mentally ready to get into the tower and face everything. I’ve to take revenge for Bedelia…for me…..for Dragan who is in the medic section lying ill. I’d to do it and my conscience said me to do this tonight because now or never.
I couldn’t let Leo do anything worse because if he did this time then no one will be blamed but me and I don’t want that. I want everything to be alright. Leo is a man that is related to me and I can feel it. The person that is behind this all and he is the reason why Ma’am Xylia is like this. I know she’s not like this and I know everything is going to be fine if I risk my life tonight…then several lives will be saved in a blink. I’ll save everyone if I’ve to die tonight in that tower but I’ll kill him. I won’t let him destroy anything.
I hugged Bedelia tightly and cried a bit.
“Promise me…that you won’t blame yourself if I die tonight” I said.
“I promise I won’t” Bedelia answered wiping the tears.
I nodded and walked out reaching the deadly tower. If this is the end then it is. I looked over at Bedelia one last time and walked inside.
The inside was darker than the last time I visited and I walked up the stairs. There was no creature because all I could hear was cries of those people who died down here. I reached the last top floor and looked around.
“At last, you’re here” someone said laughing.
“Yes, I did. Show yourself” I said.
Another big and horrible laugh came out of the person’s mouth.
“Why are you here dear? Go” a lady said.
“Who are you?” I asked.
“Your mother, Evanna” she said.
A tear rolled down my cheek and all of a sudden all I could see was water and fire around me. My heart pounded like it was going to burst any moment now. The figure came out of the murky making my mouth dry and my jaw dropped on the floor as soon as I realized who it was. The person…who is the reason behind it all. He was none other than……Blake Frost.

My whole body was frozen. I thought he was dead. How did he? How come? Hundreds of questions were in my mind making me light headed.
“Didn’t think that it’ll be me?” he asked me with a smirk on his face. Bedelia was right….he’s face was angelic but he was horrific.
He didn’t look more than 26. He was quiet young and I wondered how he?
“I thought you died” I asked stuttering.
“Who said I died?” he asked still smirking.
Then it caught me. The last line…some people say he fa…then it wasn’t complete. It fitted. The last line was that some people say that he faked his death. He was still alive.
“How can you be so young if you never actually died?” I asked.
“Heard anything called immortality?” he asked laughing.
Now I know. He was Leo. Blake was Leo. He’s immortal.
“You had yourself as Leo. You pretended! You accused my parents. You destroyed my FAMILY! You made me hate my own parents. You killed my parents” I asked bursting into tears.
“Oh yes. You’re such a fool” he laughed at my pain.
I was so angry that I wanted to strangle him to death. Then all of a sudden, he gasped. I was confused by his expression. There was a mirror beside me and I saw myself. I was on fire and water. My whole body was made of flame and water. From top to bottom my body was holding fire and water. My eyes were red with a mixture of grey. I smirked at him.
“I thought…..this is not possible…..the mixture…the Oraxus….it’s not possible” he was confused.
“I’m their daughter. Their blood runs in my vein, Blake” I smirked.
It’s now my turn to smirk. I knew he was afraid. He was scared to death. For a moment, he forgot that he was immortal.
“You’re not invincible, Blake” I said.
“But I’m also not a murderer. You are and I’m going to free the spirits” I said.
I threw the fire ball to the ceiling making the ceiling fall on him right on that place. He wasn’t dying I knew but he was wounded.
“The war’s not over. I’ll kill and I’ll be the Oraxus” he said.
I laughed but then I noticed that the tower was breaking. I quickly started running. I came down and all of a sudden the tower blasted making me fly to a perimeter. The last thing, I remembered was that someone was calling me….

My eyes opened to see the sun light direct on my face. My whole body ached. My head pounded and I saw Ma’am Xylia laying the bed next to me. I yawned but my jaw even hurts.
“Oh God! You’re alive” Mrs. Anamosa cheered clapping her hands.
“I guess” I myself couldn’t believe this fact.
Sir Zale, Bedelia, Dragan, Orazio, Adel and all other people ran inside the medic section. Bedelia and Dragan hugged me lightly.
“I’m glad to see you, Iris” Adel hugged me following by Orazio.
“You made me proud, Iris” Sir Zale said smiling big.
“What did I do?” I asked.
“You proved the innocence of your parents to the Sorcering World and proved that Blake was the criminal” he said.
“Did I kill him?” I asked as a tear rolled down.
“No. He’s immortal, honey” Adel kissed my forehead.
“But you made him weaker” Orazio said all happy dopey.
I laughed at his expression and Sir Zale asked everyone to leave.
“Is there something that I should know, Iris?” he asked.
I thought for a moment. What was it? Oh yes Oraxus. What is it? I’d no idea.
“What is Oraxus? Blake feared it and wanted to be it” I said.
Sir Zale took a deep breath and sat down beside me. He looked at my face.
“Oraxus is the mixture of two elements. To be an Oraxus is a great thing. It’s an honor. An Oraxus is born every 500 centuries later. Every sorcerer in the world dreams to be an Oraxus and so does Blake and that is why he killed your family in search for the Oraxus. If he had killed you then Oraxus would’ve been his. It was prophesied that the next 5th Oraxus will be born in Osborn family and that is why your parents kept you in the orphanage so that Blake can’t find you” he said.
I felt bad and guilty for accusing my parents.
“So, is this the end?” I asked.
“No. This is just the beginning of the war. You’ve much to see, Iris and much to fight” he said and kissed my forehead.
He smiled and went away. Hmm….Oraxus! Seems like a power.
“One more thing, Iris….Oraxus can be used both in bad and good ways. Now it’s your decision to be good or bad” he walked away with that.
Who wants to be bad? Not me at least. Then I noticed a mark on my elbow. It was a mark showing the mixture of fire and water. I smiled to myself but I still had lot to see and much to find out. Just being a mere ten year old girl I’ve faced a lot and so I’d to go on…

2 months later…..in these two months things went real slow and it was fantastic. Ma’am Xylia was under a dark soul and so now she’s alright. She said me sorry too. I am totally fine left with some bruises which will heal by the end of the month. Today Sir Zale tells us the result and we go home and then come next year for 2nd year. I am really sad that I’ve to leave Bedelia and Dragan but then again happy. We walked inside the huge dining hall and then sat down.
“So, today we’re going to announce the best group of the year and the student who did the best result throughout this whole year” Sir Zale said.
Everyone clapped their hands and then went silent to hear him.
“The best group of the year is…..Flame!!” he said.
All the people in Flame yelled in happiness. I yelled too hugging Dragan tightly.
“And the best student who did the best result throughout the year is……Iris Osborn” everyone clapped.
I was shocked. I couldn’t believe that I was the best student. I saw Vincent glaring at me. I smirked and went at front. Sir Zale gave me a medal. I smiled and everyone cheered and clapped.
We took our bags and then walked out. Dragan and Bedelia joined me later.
“So, where are you going?” Dragan asked.
“Not the orphanage, right?” Bedelia asked.
“No. Not the orphanage. Adel is taking me to his house. He wants me to meet his fiancé” I answered.
“So, Iris is this the end?” Bedelia asked.
“No. We’ve much to see, Bedelia” I said with a smile.
“Remember when you said that we started this together so we’ll end this together. Then remember we started this and one day we’ll end this” I said and hugged them.
“By the way, don’t you think the deadly tower looked better there?” Dragan asked.
“Are you crazy?” Bedelia asked smacking his head.
“I also think so” I said with a smirk.
Bedelia’s smile turned to frown. She smacked my arm hard and laughed.
“What?” I asked her laughing my lungs out.
Dragan looked at us like we were crazy but our laughter is contagious so he started laughing too. We went to our carriages. Adel saw me and hugged me. I sat down and then took a deep breath taking a last glance at the place where deadly tower was located. I know I’ve things to see but at least everything’s fine now…



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Sep. 10 2012 at 5:36 am
Very Interesting! Well done!

You know who said...
on May. 8 2012 at 2:36 am
Awesome! Better than the Bieber stories. So keep it upppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!