Silent

Author's note: I love my idea of the Forbidden! My best friend even used it in one of her stories. I'd...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I love my idea of the Forbidden! My best friend even used it in one of her stories. I'd reccommend her story, too! (It's called Forbidden).  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Best Friends

“Kenny,” someone whispers.
I turn away from their voice.
“Kennedy,” they say more sternly.
“Huh?” I mumble, keeping my eyes shut tight.
“Get up. I need to show you something.”
They nudge my shoulder.
“Go away.” I reach behind me and try to see who it is. I grab a hand. It’s not Kate’s. It’s not Dad’s. I quickly open my eyes and see Zavier standing there. I sit up and swing my feet to the floor as he stands back. I rub my eyes.
So, how sweet is he?
“What is it you need to show me?” I ask.
“Come on.” He grabs my hand and I grab my sweater as he pulls me out the door, through the house, and finally outside.
“No shoes, eh?” he says, looking down at my feet.
“Like you gave me enough time?” He does a half smile and pulls me into the field of tall grass that leads to the woods. To Mark. I draw my eyes away from the trees and see what Zavier is talking about. “So, what exactly are you having me look at?” I wonder.
“Look for this star.” He hands me a map. I look through the telescope that my family owns.
“Found it. Why-“ I start before he cuts me off.
“I named it. After you.” That makes me step back and look at him. “Here’s the official certificate. I know you love the sun and the stars so, obviously, I couldn’t name the sun after you officially so I chose a star instead.”
I grin. “Zavier?”
“Yes?” he says.
“You’re the best.” I race over and throw my arms around his neck and hug him. I pull back slightly. “So, why did you have to show me in the middle of the night?”
“Stars are easier to find in pitch-black,” he explains.
“And how did you get into the house?” I ask.
“Can you keep a secret?” he asks. I nod, confused. “Magic,” he whispers.
“Shut up!” I slap his arm playfully. “I’m serious. If you don’t tell me, I’m going to be seriously creeped out, Mr. Zavier Michael Zinnicker. Seriously creeped,” I tease.
“How do you think I got in?” he asks me. I shrug. “Your sister! She said, ‘Oh, Zavier. That’s so sweet! Kennedy will love it!’” he says, trying to mimic Kate’s voice.
I laugh. “Of course. Because that sounds exactly like something Kate would say,” I say to him sarcastically.
“Okay. You caught me. I may be paraphrasing a little,” he admits teasingly.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

DanielM. said...
Great Job!!! i really liked your imagery in the beggining of the story. your and awesome writer.

HarryPotterLover30 said...

Thanks callie for mentioning me in your authors note! This is really good, 5 stars all the way!

For anybody else out there, my story Forbidden is an action-adventure novel. Or you could just click my name and go there from my stories, but it's your choice........... :)